De’Carlo Donaldson decommits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Has offers from Florida State, Miami , India’na and ole miss. Hopefully we can hold on to him

https://247sports.com/player/decarlo-do ... -46058788/

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Welcome aboard. He could end up at WR rather than TE.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Kind of wild but I just read this young man would be the #13th highest ranked recruit we have ever had at Tulane (since 247 recruiting service started).

Also Gullivar prep where he went to high school has very high academic standards so it’s always nice when we get smart kids who value an education.
Jaxwave
Swell

I feel terrible for saying it but history not on our side in keeping this guy committed until signing day,
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He de-committed today:

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:08 pm I feel terrible for saying it but history not on our side in keeping this guy committed until signing day,
You were right Jax. Especially after our heroic 2-10 season, and our Prez locking us into the new AACUSA conference.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
wave97
Swell

The Fun Belt is shaping up to be a better conference than AAC
It's getting cold out here....
Sunamiwave
High Tide

wave97 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:05 am The Fun Belt is shaping up to be a better conference than AAC
The Sun Belt sucks. As unhappy as I am with the changes to the AAC I would rather be in the new AAC over the Sun Belt and it is not even close. I could not imagine being in the same conference with schools such as Louisiana Monroe or Troy.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I agree. The sunbelt sucks and is about to get a whole lot worse. I wish the American had expanded by 6, but it is what it is. I do think the teams added will get substantially better in the next 4 years. In the meantime let’s win our f**king conference.

I am bummed we lost this commit, as I said before he would be one of the highest commits ever in our history. But hey we have had heralded guys come in and do absolutely nothing
Pepper
Swell

Those schools he had on his radar are not in our league. Maybe, he will transfer to us if he does not get playing time.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Pepper
Swell

There are plenty of 3 star kids in Louisiana undecided including 2 at St Aug. Also with the coaching change at Miami, we should be calling Ibeta at Mandeville. He would automatically upgrade our receiver position.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We need to get our OC in order ASAP to help with recruiting
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:54 pm We need to get our OC in order ASAP to help with recruiting
+1, WF needs to find somebody good for OC soon.

And, are we keeping Chris Hampton as DC?
Greeniegb
Swell

Pepper wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:06 pm There are plenty of 3 star kids in Louisiana undecided including 2 at St Aug. Also with the coaching change at Miami, we should be calling Ibeta at Mandeville. He would automatically upgrade our receiver position.
Forget Ibieta, he is going for the big schools,

With the Early Signing Period approaching on Wednesday, LSU head coach Brian Kelly hit the road this week for the first time as he made school visits around the state, went in-home with five-star offensive tackle commitment Will Campbell, and even spoke to coaches from around the state at Friday's Louisiana High School Coaches Association in New Orleans.

On Friday afternoon, Kelly will be back in Baton Rouge with the staff to play host to 15 official visitors, a group made up of a combination of current commitments and top targets still left on the board.

Two of the weekend visitors will be Mandeville High's Landon Ibieta and Lafayette Christian Academy's Jordan Allen, who became the first two Louisiana prospects to land an offer from Kelly and his staff.
Greeniegb
Swell

Brazzell Ratings jump recently from an 82-84 by 247 Sports!!!

2022 FAU receiver commit Chris Brazzell recently saw his 247Sports rating jump from and 82 to 84. Per the 247 rating model, this jump takes Brazzell to a mid-three-star (84-86) and is a player that we consider to be a capable starter for a Power Five football team and an impact player at the Group of Five level.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sunamiwave wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:18 am
wave97 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:05 am The Fun Belt is shaping up to be a better conference than AAC
The Sun Belt sucks. As unhappy as I am with the changes to the AAC I would rather be in the new AAC over the Sun Belt and it is not even close. I could not imagine being in the same conference with schools such as Louisiana Monroe or Troy.
Pull your head out of your rear end. Sorry, but the Sun Belt will be a better conference when the three schools leave for the Big 12. It hasn't been nearly as good until recently, but your statement that it is not even close shows you have your opinion that facts cannot get in the way of.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Sunamiwave
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:21 am
Pull your head out of your rear end. Sorry, but the Sun Belt will be a better conference when the three schools leave for the Big 12. It hasn't been nearly as good until recently, but your statement that it is not even close shows you have your opinion that facts cannot get in the way of.
You are way off base on this and wrong in your assessment. No clear thinking individual would choose the Sun Belt with ULM, ULaLa (post Napier), Troy, Georgia Southern, etc. over the new AAC with Memphis, SMU, South Florida, Navy, Temple, UTSA (top 25 in football), etc. The new AAC still has a better national perception and group of schools than the Sun Belt. Obviously I wish we had been invited to the Big 12 but between the Sun Belt and the new AAC the choice is obvious.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:56 pm

You are way off base on this and wrong in your assessment. No clear thinking individual would choose the Sun Belt with ULM, ULaLa (post Napier), Troy, Georgia Southern, etc. over the new AAC with Memphis, SMU, South Florida, Navy, Temple, UTSA (top 25 in football), etc. The new AAC still has a better national perception and group of schools than the Sun Belt. Obviously I wish we had been invited to the Big 12 but between the Sun Belt and the new AAC the choice is obvious.
Agreed, Sunami, its kind of the flip side of the P5/G5 argument. People's perception is that schools are "better" because they're P5, and yet there's no doubt Cincy, Houston, SMU, and others are better than Kansas, Vandy, Arizona right now. In this scenario, people perceive that Memphis, SMU, USF, Navy, etc are better schools than Ga Southern, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, etc. The reality doesn't matter, only perception. In this case, we happen to be on the right side of it.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Disagree. This has been calculated by FTW, even with the new schools (and coastal and ULL having historic years) the existing aac schools are better. ULL will take a huge step back without Napier. I also predict coastal to do the same.

The new schools are (mostly) large public universities with potential. I wish we didn’t add these schools and certainly not 6 of them. They will get recruiting bumps, tv exposure bumps and even attendance bumps. Some of this will happen because of new tv revenue & exposure, some of this will happen because the aac required them to make large commitments to infrastructure and their Athletic Departments.