winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:57 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:48 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:37 am
No better source than Dr Andrews!
Thank You!
But of course we have our one expert here that knows better 🤔
Knows better than everyone about everything
Pot calling the kettle black.
was Dr AntKnee Fauci consulted, or asked for an opinion ?

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:02 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:50 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:36 am Dr James Andrews says that year round play is the number one risk of arm injuries
https://www.littleleague.org/partnersh ... ound-play/

Maybe tps knows what he’s talking about
Let's see. The article starts out talking about overuse from throwing too many pitches in games and says that recently pitch counts have been put in place. It talks about several ways the arm can become fatigued. Andrews made millions performing arm and shoulder surgeries long before travel ball came into being. So the grown ups can understand that there are multiple ways for the injuries to occur and overuse by being made to throw too many pitches has been around a whole lot longer than travel ball. Then there are those that are going to just protect their boy. 107 pitches is abusive. As I posted above he started pitching him close to 100 pitches early last year. He's picking up where he left off. He hasn't pitched year round this year as there is this little thing called a pandemic.
107 is not abusive.
It’s 2 pitches over the recommended Pitch count of the PitchSmart guidelines for 17-18 year olds. It’s a recommendation because even the Doctors that study this stuff know that there’s no cut and dry absolute number that you can’t go over.

You don’t know more than the Doctors
Clearly I'm not the only one here that finds it abusive or the thread wouldn't exist. It's abusive when repeated with pitchers. All those TJ surgeries those doctors performed say so.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:28 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:50 pm

Let's see. The article starts out talking about overuse from throwing too many pitches in games and says that recently pitch counts have been put in place. It talks about several ways the arm can become fatigued. Andrews made millions performing arm and shoulder surgeries long before travel ball came into being. So the grown ups can understand that there are multiple ways for the injuries to occur and overuse by being made to throw too many pitches has been around a whole lot longer than travel ball. Then there are those that are going to just protect their boy. 107 pitches is abusive. As I posted above he started pitching him close to 100 pitches early last year. He's picking up where he left off. He hasn't pitched year round this year as there is this little thing called a pandemic.
107 is not abusive.
It’s 2 pitches over the recommended Pitch count of the PitchSmart guidelines for 17-18 year olds. It’s a recommendation because even the Doctors that study this stuff know that there’s no cut and dry absolute number that you can’t go over.

Clearly I'm not the only one here that finds it abusive or the thread wouldn't exist. It's abusive when repeated with pitchers. All those TJ surgeries those doctors performed say so.
Other factors are at play. Lack of rest, bad mechanics, etc.
If high pitch counts were the only thing responsible, then no relief pitchers would have TJ
HoustonWave
Tsunami

By in large, both high schools and colleges have little idea about how to properly develop a pitcher. If you have a son with pitching potential, he's better off signing with a pro organization and getting properly developed in the minor leagues.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:56 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:44 am
winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:26 am

As pointed out there those teams are stocked with the best players unlike HS ball where they are spread around. So the pitchers don't have to be overused because there are other capable pitchers available. For the most part it is a lazy short article. Most of these HS athletes play multiple sports and their travel ball participation is limited by that.
Wait I thought you said they don’t play 12 months 🤔
I did. As i posted above he certainly hasn't pitched 12 months out of the year in the last 12 months. Little thing called the pandemic. Show us his travel ball schedule showing he's played 12 months out the year since he was a kid.
You originally said nobody plays year round. I proved that to be wrong. So now you’re talking about him specifically telling me due to the pandemic he didn’t play year round. Well if that’s the case then 107 pitches is definitely not a problem for him.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:34 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:28 pm

107 is not abusive.

Other factors are at play. Lack of rest, bad mechanics, etc.
If high pitch counts were the only thing responsible, then no relief pitchers would have TJ
No one said there aren't other factors in addition to abuse by being made to throw too many pitches.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:44 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:56 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:44 am
Wait I thought you said they don’t play 12 months 🤔
I did. As i posted above he certainly hasn't pitched 12 months out of the year in the last 12 months. Little thing called the pandemic. Show us his travel ball schedule showing he's played 12 months out the year since he was a kid.
You originally said nobody plays year round. I proved that to be wrong. So now you’re talking about him specifically telling me due to the pandemic he didn’t play year round. Well if that’s the case then 107 pitches is definitely not a problem for him.
You didn't prove it. You have a couple of general lazy statements. Show his travel ball schedule that has him pitching all 52 weekends.
MicMan
Swell

I knew a youth travel coach from Los Angeles, they played year-round and ALL his pitchers got injured.
Profoundwizard
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:35 pm By in large, both high schools and colleges have little idea about how to properly develop a pitcher. If you have a son with pitching potential, he's better off signing with a pro organization and getting properly developed in the minor leagues.
The Twins went out and recently hired one of the best guys in college at developing pitchers. Wes Johnson from Arkansas
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:57 pm I knew a youth travel coach from Los Angeles, they played year-round and ALL his pitchers got injured.
Not the first. I’ve followed the Louisiana Knights for years all my nephews played for them. It’s a business for those coaches. The parents need to take responsibility for their kids. The coaches on these travel teams are making a living with this.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:34 pm Other factors are at play. Lack of rest, bad mechanics, etc.
ding! ding! ding! ding! We have the first comprehensive explanation that makes sense in the 4th page of the thread. I would add to the list throwing too many breaking pitches at an early age.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:52 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:47 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 pm

Pure conjecture. More likely it was because he didn’t throw very hard. His improvement at Tulane coincided with a rise in velocity.

All those numbers that you came up with that pitchers should be throwing are pulled out of thin air. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
Not conjecture. It's the reason so many have to have TJ surgery so young. You're the one who has no idea what he's talking about because you don't give a shit about the kid throwing the pitches. You just want your team to win and if he's ruined going forward that's his problem from your selfish view.
Want my team to win? Holy Cross isn’t my team and they lost. I don’t remember seeing you or Jaxwave complain that Olthoff threw too many pitches when he threw a complete game @ Fullerton in February last year.
Go back and check, I complained about it last year and again in his first start this year in cold weather.