Gee, thanks Andy

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:52 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:47 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 pm

Pure conjecture. More likely it was because he didn’t throw very hard. His improvement at Tulane coincided with a rise in velocity.

All those numbers that you came up with that pitchers should be throwing are pulled out of thin air. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
Not conjecture. It's the reason so many have to have TJ surgery so young. You're the one who has no idea what he's talking about because you don't give a shit about the kid throwing the pitches. You just want your team to win and if he's ruined going forward that's his problem from your selfish view.
Want my team to win? Holy Cross isn’t my team and they lost. I don’t remember seeing you or Jaxwave complain that Olthoff threw too many pitches when he threw a complete game @ Fullerton in February last year.

It’s not that I don’t care about the kids arm, it’s that I think an 18 year old can throw 115 pitches in a game. That’s Ok, IMO. Show me the data that says it isn’t.
I don't remember if I complained about it here but I do remember telling people in person it wasn't good for the long haul .I have complained about his early overuse this year.

The data is all the TJ surgeries these young kids go through. 115 for a young pitcher is ludicrous. You clearly don't care about the kids.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:59 pm I’d bet almost every pitcher on the current Tulane pitching staff had a game prior to their arrival at Tulane where they threw 107 pitches.
If they were good for sure.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:27 pm

Like I said he wasn't worth anything his first two years here. It was obviously because of the abuse of his HS coach. It was so bad even the local media highlighted the abuse.

For a HS pitcher he shouldn't throw more than 75 in a week. For college it should start at no more than 75 a week for the early starts and got to 85 then 95. But hey its not your arm or career so you don't give shit.
Pure conjecture. More likely it was because he didn’t throw very hard. His improvement at Tulane coincided with a rise in velocity.

All those numbers that you came up with that pitchers should be throwing are pulled out of thin air. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
Not conjecture. It's the reason so many have to have TJ surgery so young.
It’s definitely conjecture in this case. Gibbs didn’t need TJ. He had no injury.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:55 pm Welch is a Northshore kid that Andy recruited to Holy Cross. I can bet his parents are fine with 107 pitches.
He probably got him the commit to Tulane as well.
As said above the parent are in the wrong too. They should be looking out for his best interest. instead they want to live vicariously through him.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:00 am

Not conjecture. It's the reason so many have to have TJ surgery so young. You're the one who has no idea what he's talking about because you don't give a shit about the kid throwing the pitches. You just want your team to win and if he's ruined going forward that's his problem from your selfish view.
Want my team to win? Holy Cross isn’t my team and they lost. I don’t remember seeing you or Jaxwave complain that Olthoff threw too many pitches when he threw a complete game @ Fullerton in February last year.

It’s not that I don’t care about the kids arm, it’s that I think an 18 year old can throw 115 pitches in a game. That’s Ok, IMO. Show me the data that says it isn’t.
I don't remember if I complained about tit here but I do remember telling people in person it wasn't good for the long haul I have complained about his early overuse this year.

The data is all the TJ surgeries these young kids go through. 115 for a young pitcher is ludicrous. You clearly don't care about the kids.
It’s not the one game. It’s year round baseball that has caused the arm problems. Years ago most good athletes played all the sports however the problems began from kids playing baseball 12 months a year trying to get signed. Travel ball etc. Big difference today. Playing year round they could burn up their arms throwing 50 pitches an outing.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

I don't remember if I complained about tit here but I do remember telling people in person it wasn't good for the long haul I have complained about his early overuse this year.

All the TJ surgeries young kids are having isn’t the data that I’m looking for. It doesn’t prove what caused it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:03 am

It’s not the one game. It’s year round baseball that has caused the arm problems. Years ago most good athletes played all the sports however the problems began from kids playing baseball 12 months a year trying to get signed. Travel ball etc. Big difference today.
No it's not the one game. It happens over and over with the ace pitchers. its wrong and supporting it makes one part of the problem.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:05 am

All the TJ surgeries young kids are having isn’t the data that I’m looking for. It doesn’t prove what caused it.
LOl. Yeah right they were just born with bad arms.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:05 am

It’s not the one game. It’s year round baseball that has caused the arm problems. Years ago most good athletes played all the sports however the problems began from kids playing baseball 12 months a year trying to get signed. Travel ball etc. Big difference today.
No it's not the one game. It happens over and over with the ace pitchers. its wrong and supporting it makes one part of the problem.
It’s year round baseball that has caused it. Blame the parents.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

Do you know how many pitches he’s thrown in his other starts?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:52 pm No need for personal attacks here. Did you even see that emoji I used?
Sorry. Should have had my reading glasses on.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:07 am
And the coaches too.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:07 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:05 am

LOl. Yeah right they were just born with bad arms.
Never said that. But saying “lots of young kids are having TJ” doesn’t prove that throwing over 75 pitches a week is too much
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:11 am

And the coaches too.
No. As a parent if you feel you kid is being over pitched you contact the coach or AD. My sister coaches girls at Newman and my Brother-in-law coaches boys at CD and is AD. I know first hand how it goes with parents involvement.
Still think 107 is not unreasonable. 193 is outrageous.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:08 am
Do you know how many pitches he’s thrown in his other starts?
He threw 99 and 97 in last years abbreviated season. Now he's thrown 107 this early in this season.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Winwave grew up watching Cy Young and now he’s calling for pitch counts. Sad!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:15 am
winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:11 am
And the coaches too.
No. As a parent if you feel you kid is being over pitched you contact the coach or AD. My sister coaches girls at Newman and my Brother-in-law coaches boys at CD and is AD. I know first hand how it goes with parents involvement.
Still think 107 is not unreasonable. 193 is outrageous.
Agree to disagree. It's way too much.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 am Winwave grew up watching Cy Young and now he’s calling for pitch counts. Sad!
There's always an exception to the rule. It's like saying it's ok recruiting all two stars because Forte was one. :roll:
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:24 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 am Winwave grew up watching Cy Young and now he’s calling for pitch counts. Sad!
There's always an exception to the rule. It's like saying it's ok recruiting all two stars because Forte was one. :roll:
Wasn’t the exception back then. They all threw a ton.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Many high school kids just don’t have the best control so to just get to the 5th inning they may need 100 or so pitches. A complete game in HS is 7 innings. So that’s why I believe 107 pitches in HS is not overly excessive especially to get a complete game decision. It’s year round baseball that has killed the arms.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:30 am Many high school kids just don’t have the best control so to just get to the 5th inning they may need 100 or so pitches. A complete game in HS is 7 innings. So that’s why I believe 107 pitches in HS is not overly excessive especially to get a complete game decision. It’s year round baseball that has killed the arms.
aahhh the ole days when you were handed the ball and told "see u after the 9th"...I think many problems with young pitchers come from coaches who have zero idea about "natural pitching mechanics"... coaches want you to have the same "form" as a their favorite MLB star and nothing else the most natural way to throw a baseball is sidearm or submarine, your arm hangs naturally from the shouler to your waist, not from your shoulder to your ears....I agree, I hate all "year round" sports for young kids, let'em play them all...they may find, they are better at a different sport, then the one chosen by their parents
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:28 am
winwave wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:24 am
Wasn’t the exception back then. They all threw a ton.
They don't anymore. We're talking modern times here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:30 am Many high school kids just don’t have the best control so to just get to the 5th inning they may need 100 or so pitches. A complete game in HS is 7 innings. So that’s why I believe 107 pitches in HS is not overly excessive especially to get a complete game decision. It’s year round baseball that has killed the arms.
It's not about their control. If they don't have that the coach wouldn't leave them out there anymore. You certainly don't abuse them till they come around and finally have control. There's no excuse for it. The coaches abusing them contributes mightily to it.
Pepper
Swell

It’s not the one game. It’s year round baseball that has caused the arm problems. Years ago most good athletes played all the sports however the problems began from kids playing baseball 12 months a year trying to get signed. Travel ball etc. Big difference today. Playing year round they could burn up their arms throwing 50 pitches an outing.
This! End of story.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

More importantly the abuse by their coaches. End of story.