FB Transfer Portal

Talk about the latest recruits here.
MicMan
Swell

When I applied to Tulane my alumni interview was with Bobby Duhon. Though I was a big Jints fan, I had never heard of him. Probably for the best as I had a great interview.

wave97
Swell

billow wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:11 pm If Kyle Edwards wants to come to Tulane, you find him a scholarship, unless there’s underlying circumstances we aren’t aware of today.
Back in the day during winter workouts it became painfully obvious who was being targeted to give up their scholarships. At 5:00 am in Favrot Fieldhouse three or four specific players were called out time & again to repeat the drill in front of the entire team. Sadly the only thought running through my head at the time was that I had a chance to catch my breath.
They were on a bus out of town within the week
nawlinspete
Riptide

Do we dare pursue Dare Rosenthal who was suspended twice by lsu ?

Their starting Left Tackle announced his portal entrance today .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
billow
High Tide

If lsu suspended him, you don’t think there’s more to it than its in the press.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:54 pm Do we dare pursue Dare Rosenthal who was suspended twice by lsu ?

Their starting Left Tackle announced his portal entrance today .
I’d go for him. But then again winning is my only concern.
Paying players nowadays we need to get whatever we can to win.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Do we dare pursue Rosenthal? The more pertinent question is whether Rosenthal would dare taking on Tulane Admissions?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Rosenthal is clearly a cancer. if he's kicked out of LSU it doesn't get any worse. I seriously doubt that our coaches would even think about it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

To get kicked out at LSU, you have to have committed acts that risk lawsuits and/or sanctions. We don't need that.
GreenLantern
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:44 pm To get kicked out at LSU, you have to have committed acts that risk lawsuits and/or sanctions. We don't need that.
Perhaps he repeatedly skipped football practice to study for his quantum physics class. 8-)
billow
High Tide

The word is Rosenthal is headed to Baylor
RobertM320
Green Wave

billow wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:43 pm The word is Rosenthal is headed to Baylor
You'd think Baylor of all schools would know better.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
waveclem
Surge

Just updating on the situation with Kyle Edwards. He's heard from many other teams (Baylor, La Tech, etc) about having a spot for him this year. He's yet to make a decision with any of these schools because the reason I hear he left Alabama was to come home. Only one school is home. Feeling optimistic about him joining in the spring.

Roll Wave!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Huge ! Fingers crossed, thanks for the update !
waveclem
Surge

Just heard today that Kyle is in fact enrolled at Delgado for the fall and will be starting school this week. He also has a job. Suffice to say he will be waiting for 2022. I think this is the best scenario for us. If scholarship availability was the problem it shall be not be come this spring. Keeping fingers crossed for this excellent kid to join the Wave.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Huge update, Thanks so much Waveclem. Fingers crossed, and lets get this man on board
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

waveclem wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:35 pm Just heard today that Kyle is in fact enrolled at Delgado for the fall and will be starting school this week. He also has a job. Suffice to say he will be waiting for 2022. I think this is the best scenario for us. If scholarship availability was the problem it shall be not be come this spring. Keeping fingers crossed for this excellent kid to join the Wave.
I am confused, by him enrolling @ Delgado, is he not burning a year..Tulane had one schollie to give, after a player went on a medical hardship about two weeks ago...or has the rules been modified/changed
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
waveclem
Surge

@Golfnut69, I think you're right in that his eligibility clock continues clicking but considering last year was free year anyway it kind of becomes a wash. Say he were to play in 2022 he would still be a sophomore.
The scholarship availability apparently had everything to do with the new players rule. You are only allowed 25 new recruits/transfers per year and that is where we were running into trouble.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

waveclem wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:24 pm @Golfnut69, I think you're right in that his eligibility clock continues clicking but considering last year was free year anyway it kind of becomes a wash. Say he were to play in 2022 he would still be a sophomore.
The scholarship availability apparently had everything to do with the new players rule. You are only allowed 25 new recruits/transfers per year and that is where we were running into trouble.
Thanks for the clarification....but I think I would feel much better if he had enrolled at Tulane under the "everybody comes to tulane free' system..and he would be there for the "spring"
...but I am sure there are circumstnaces I am not aware of
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:24 pm
waveclem wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:24 pm @Golfnut69, I think you're right in that his eligibility clock continues clicking but considering last year was free year anyway it kind of becomes a wash. Say he were to play in 2022 he would still be a sophomore.
Thanks for the clarification....but I think I would feel much better if he had enrolled at Tulane under the "everybody comes to tulane free' system..and he would be there for the "spring"
...but I am sure there are circumstnaces I am not aware of
It's not free is the problem. It is a sliding scale system for the most part. He could still get in for the spring and count towards next years 25.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.