Recruiting Louisiana

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLA Fan wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:29 pm Thanks for the feedback I agree with Robert above. Stay in the top 10% of G5 schools nationally in recruiting, steal a few 3 starts from P5 schools & the improvement on the field will follow, which will lead to better classes. One thing I have seen LSU do every year that I think the Greenies can do: you have to get the best of the "rest" of the kids available from the John Curtis, Jesuit, Brother Martin, Holy Cross, Rummel type schools as well as the schools in South Louisiana. Those 3's like Duke Riley, Foster Moreau, Lloyd Cushenberry, etc. usually have the grades & character to get into school, wait for their turn & then become team leaders. When you go back & look into their recruiting, they make the point that LSU was on them early, was honest with them & stood in contact with them until signing day. Tulane can do this too.
Good Luck.
Tulane had both Duke Riley and Foster Moreau coming. Both went to LSU last minute because LSU lost a recruit late so they offered those guys a spot and they took it.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:42 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:30 pm Not sure how you figure this, Dave. There's roughly 65 G5 schools. Last year we were 6th of 65. This year we're currently 11th, and the year isn't over yet. To me both of those are in the top of the G5. Last year we were in the top 10%, this year we're in the top 20%.

EDIT: And if you go by the "average quality of recruit", which is currently 83.41, we're still 11th.

If we continue at this level for several more classes, you'll see even more improvement on the field.
As of yesterday, based on the quality of the recruits, our number was 83.38, which was 7th in the AAC.

That was 2020. 2021 recruiting is at 83.41
https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Footb ... erence=AAC

And we weren't talking AAC. Your specific post was challenging being in the top of the G5s. And we are, regardless of where we are in the AAC. Yes, we need to do better vs the other AAC schools, but that wasn't the basis of THIS conversation.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Quality of recruit is important, but like all stats can be misleading. For instance, some of our players (and for that matter other schools) aren’t rated at all and drive down the avg quality of recruit.

I do agree Cinci, SMU, Memphis and UCF have been getting a different caliber of player then we are and it’s reflected in the average score. (Example Cinci has pulled in multiple 4 stars). However I think in the last 3 years we have dramatically closed the gap, and with Keyes and the Mississippi recruits we have entered into the proper tier of recruits.
Tulane1111
High Tide

CJ had Gage as well i believe, similar situation. Was a Safety then.