QB James Foster Enters Transfer Portal 7/24/2020

Talk about the latest recruits here.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Redshirt sophomore out of Montgomery Alabama rated Number 12 Dual Threat and 271 Overall in 2018 by 247 . Transferring from aTm .

Make it happen Coach Fritz .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

He's a talented player, and would probably be the highest ranked QB we've signed. That being said, he is ineligible to play this season, as he'd have to redshirt. Do we need a QB for 2021? Does Keyes sign elsewhere or re-open his recruiting if Foster were to come to Tulane? Are Ibieta and Pratt as good as advertised?

Frankly, I think Foster goes to a P5 from aTm. Would I love him on the team? Yes. But we will also be fine without him.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:16 am He's a talented player, and would probably be the highest ranked QB we've signed. That being said, he is ineligible to play this season, as he'd have to redshirt. Do we need a QB for 2021? Does Keyes sign elsewhere or re-open his recruiting if Foster were to come to Tulane? Are Ibieta and Pratt as good as advertised?

Frankly, I think Foster goes to a P5 from aTm. Would I love him on the team? Yes. But we will also be fine without him.
would not be surprised if he surfaced at Oklahoma...Texas@Austin has been rumored, but PeeWee's job security may be an issue...I also understand Auburn amd UH have an outside shot
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

Had a local great HS coach tell me last week that Ibieta is the real deal.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:41 pm Had a local great HS coach tell me last week that Ibieta is the real deal.
tps has been touting him for a long time, and Pratt was the higher rated of the two! The position, if Keyes signs, will be way more solid than it's been since Fritz got here. If the O-Line is really any good, and we keep Coach Hall we can make some noise in the AAC, which will open eyes. We're laying the foundation for a true championship caliber team.
Ruski
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:23 am
Jaxwave wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:41 pm Had a local great HS coach tell me last week that Ibieta is the real deal.
tps has been touting him for a long time, and Pratt was the higher rated of the two! The position, if Keyes signs, will be way more solid than it's been since Fritz got here. If the O-Line is really any good, and we keep Coach Hall we can make some noise in the AAC, which will open eyes. We're laying the foundation for a true championship caliber team.
Exactly. Makes no sense to take a transfer right now for more than 1/2 seasons because we’re about to have a logjam. But a backup for Howard would’ve been real nice to mold as the heir for next year.

As good as these kids might be (Ibietta/Pratt/Keyes/Wiles), do you really wanna enter next year with a 4 way race between a freshman and sophomores? Would be nice to have at least one upper class men.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I have no problem starting a talented Sophomore that's been in the system for a year, and, hopefully, got some game experience as a Freshman. But if a kid has talent, learns the offense, and proves he's the best available, I'll play him regardless of what class he is.
Ruski
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:02 pm I have no problem starting a talented Sophomore that's been in the system for a year, and, hopefully, got some game experience as a Freshman. But if a kid has talent, learns the offense, and proves he's the best available, I'll play him regardless of what class he is.
100% agree. But what happens when rotating between Howard and couple freshman leads to 5/6 losses that we should've won. This year seems like it could've been special with one obvious addition. We'll see, let's hope Ibieta is the next Peyton.