2o21 Football recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:14 am Keyes had a monster game in his teams first game of the season. I really don’t see us being able to hold onto him
Did he grow? Did any of the P5 offers he had have other highly touted QB recruits back away from their commitments? He had no shortage of offers when he committed to us, but rumors had him shying away from schools that had commits that were even higher rated.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:35 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:14 am Keyes had a monster game in his teams first game of the season. I really don’t see us being able to hold onto him
Did he grow? Did any of the P5 offers he had have other highly touted QB recruits back away from their commitments? He had no shortage of offers when he committed to us, but rumors had him shying away from schools that had commits that were even higher rated.
Fair points (that make me feel a little better :lol: )

I’m pretty sure the consensus was he will flip for any SEC offer. As long as those QBs stay committed we have a good shot.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:49 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:35 pm
Fair points (that make me feel a little better :lol: )

I’m pretty sure the consensus was he will flip for any SEC offer. As long as those QBs stay committed we have a good shot.
At the time he committed to Tulane, he already had offers from Mississippi State and Auburn, among a slew of other P5 programs, including Oregon and Nebraska as well.

I'm glad to hear he had a monster game. But I don't discount the possibility of other programs trying to flip him. You have a valid concern and we've seen it happen before. I thought it was more likely to happen if Hall left for a HC job. But my reasons for him committing haven't changed that I know of, though I can't say I follow other schools recruiting to any real extent.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaden Williams...WR from metro Georgetown, TX....JR hilites
https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go ... 0520ed774c
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He de-committed today:

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Apparently we are still in play with Utah and Boston college.
Jaxwave
Swell

So he committed one day then decommitted the next day?
gbgreenie
Surge

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:58 pm So he committed one day then decommitted the next day?
Committed to ULL and Napier in July, decommitted to Tulane in August, now decommitted again, does not know what he wants???
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:39 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:58 pm So he committed one day then decommitted the next day?
Committed to ULL and Napier in July, decommitted to Tulane in August, now decommitted again, does not know what he wants???
Metro Georgetown has now disowned the kid...he is now in metro Austin
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
gbgreenie
Surge

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:39 pm
Williams is a 5'10 three star wide receiver who until this weekend was committed to Tulane. He announced his decision to decommit and explained to BC Bulletin that he is focusing on Boston College, Utah and Tulane.

The young wide receiver's recruitment picked up earlier this month when he received his offer from the Eagles. "It was exciting" he told BC Bulletin. His main recruiter, wide receiver coach Joe Dailey was the one to offer him but he also heard from the head coach as well. "Williams is a 5'10 three star wide receiver who until this weekend was committed to Tulane. He announced his decision to decommit and explained to BC Bulletin that he is focusing on Boston College, Utah and Tulane.

The young wide receiver's recruitment picked up earlier this month when he received his offer from the Eagles. "It was exciting" he told BC Bulletin. His main recruiter, wide receiver coach Joe Dailey was the one to offer him but he also heard from the head coach as well. "I talked to Coach Dailey and Coach Hafley they were just saying how much they loved my film and how I play and basically telling me I need to be playing for a Power 5 school."

Boston College' offense has been clicking this year, with a solid passing attack led by transfer quarterback Phil Jurkovec. Their success on the field caught the attention of Williams. "Coach told me about the offense and from what it sounds like I would love to be in it," he explained. "I actually looked at some of their recent games and they are a solid program."

With the clock winding down on the Class of '21 recruiting cycle there is a challenge that has presented itself. Because of restrictions caused by COVID-19, and the dead period lasting until January (but looking to be indefinite), Williams will not be able to officially visit Boston College or the staff. However, he does plan to do what most recruits are doing, which is do a virtual visit.

Williams is a 5'10 three star wide receiver who until this weekend was committed to Tulane. He announced his decision to decommit and explained to BC Bulletin that he is focusing on Boston College, Utah and Tulane.

The young wide receiver's recruitment picked up earlier this month when he received his offer from the Eagles. "It was exciting" he told BC Bulletin. His main recruiter, wide receiver coach Joe Dailey was the one to offer him but he also heard from the head coach as well. "I talked to Coach Dailey and Coach Hafley they were just saying how much they loved my film and how I play and basically telling me I need to be playing for a Power 5 school."

Boston College' offense has been clicking this year, with a solid passing attack led by transfer quarterback Phil Jurkovec. Their success on the field caught the attention of Williams. "Coach told me about the offense and from what it sounds like I would love to be in it," he explained. "I actually looked at some of their recent games and they are a solid program."

With the clock winding down on the Class of '21 recruiting cycle there is a challenge that has presented itself. Because of restrictions caused by COVID-19, and the dead period lasting until January (but looking to be indefinite), Williams will not be able to officially visit Boston College or the staff. However, he does plan to do what most recruits are doing, which is do a virtual visit.

​"I talked to Coach Dailey and Coach Hafley they were just saying how much they loved my film and how I play and basically telling me I need to be playing for a Power 5 school."

Jaxwave
Swell

I just wish we could get that story repeated one more time.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:32 am I just wish we could get that story repeated one more time.
😂😂😂😂
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
nawlinspete
Riptide

We'll be much better off with a recruit who knows he wants to be with us . This guy does not want to be a Tulanian .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He’ll never play with a better QB than Pratt. That can I promise you. WR’s will be knocking down the door to come here once they see the film on Pratt.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Pratt is a decent QB. I don't think he's all world, or even all conference. He may mature into an all conference QB, but right now he's just better than what we've trotted out there for 4.5 years. I was disappointed not to see Ibieta late yesterday, especially since Hall made it sound like he was the most talented of our QB's.
wave97
Swell

I hope this young man has a wonderful time in the football hotbed of Chestnut Hill, MA. The Gulph States & the new industrial South States are supplying a disproportionate amount of players to our well provisioned & fed members of the cartel.
wave97
Swell

wave97 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:22 am I hope this young man has a wonderful time in the football hotbed of Chestnut Hill, MA. The Gulph States & the new industrial South States are supplying a disproportionate amount of players to our well provisioned & fed members of the cartel who's membership is based on association, rather than merit.
Last edited by wave97 on Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:15 am Pratt is a decent QB. I don't think he's all world, or even all conference. He may mature into an all conference QB, but right now he's just better than what we've trotted out there for 4.5 years. I was disappointed not to see Ibieta late yesterday, especially since Hall made it sound like he was the most talented of our QB's.
What is the purpose of wasting snaps on Howard when we could have seen at least a little from Ibieta ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As to Ibieta it could be that the staff just doesn't think he's ready yet or it could be that based on Pratt's penchant for not ducking big hits they want Howard to be ready.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Maybe it’s because they want Howard to be ready . . . But I think it’s more of the loyalty BS. Ibieta should be getting the snaps over Howard
Bigschtick
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:48 am
DfromCT wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:15 am Pratt is a decent QB. I don't think he's all world, or even all conference. He may mature into an all conference QB, but right now he's just better than what we've trotted out there for 4.5 years. I was disappointed not to see Ibieta late yesterday, especially since Hall made it sound like he was the most talented of our QB's.
What is the purpose of wasting snaps on Howard when we could have seen at least a little from Ibieta ?
Make no more sense than starting the season with Howard! These coaches must have seen that Pratt had a real spark!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:02 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:48 am
Make no more sense than starting the season with Howard! These coaches must have seen that Pratt had a real spark!
Exactly. At times it's like Fritz falls back on a tenure system for deciding who plays.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

This is a PWO.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope we keep Keyes, and all the prospects that Hall was paid to recruit to Tulane.

A quick note about recruiting. There have been quite a few posts about Tulane needing to load up on 5 and 4 star recruits. It's nice to dream, but that's what it is: a dream. There simply aren't as many recruits with 4 and 5 stars as people think. And there's 130 D1A (or FBS) programs competing for them, but most, probably well over 100 are realistically competing for the 3 star players.

First of all, according to 247 recruiting rankings, there's 25 5 star recruits and roughly 250 four star recruits. 100% of the 5 star recruits are going to P5 schools. OU, Penn ST, Michigan and Auburn have the same number of 5 star recruits as Tulane (and all other G5's): zero. Cincinnati has three 4 star recruits, Charlotte has 1 and the rest of the G5 has none. There's quite a few P5 schools without a 4 star recruit. Except for the select dozen or so top programs in the country, recruiting bread and butter is made with 3 star recruits. The last time I did this exercise there was a much smaller number of 4 star recruits, I think it was about 175, and that was roughly 10 years ago. There's well over 500 3 star recruits. probably closer to 1000. There's no shortage of P5 programs without a 5 or 4 star ranking, some of whom even got into the top 50 recruiting class rankings (as of now). But until we start winning 8+ games regularly 4 star recruits will be few and far between for our Green Wave. A very strong class can be built, however, without them.

Keyes has 3 stars, for what it's worth.