Kyle Meyers

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He is enrolled at Tulane. with his signing and Kerr's our DB is on much better ground. .

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:11 pm He is enrolled at Tulane. with his signing and Kerr's our DB is on much better ground. .
Great news, thanks for sharing.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

Still waiting for Fritz to tweet “Welcome to the Wave, Kyle”
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Great news, feeling very good about our D. Now just waiting for some QB news to make me feel especially good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:06 pm Great news, feeling very good about our D. Now just waiting for some QB news to make me feel especially good.
+1
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I knew you'd be happy to hear it. One of our weak spots has been addressed With him and Kerr our defensive backfield just got a lot better. Meyers is slated for CB and Kerr for NB.

Word is we won't be getting another QB.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:55 pm I knew you'd be happy to hear it. One of our weak spots has been addressed With him and Kerr our defensive backfield just got a lot better. Meyers is slated for CB and Kerr for NB.

:shock:

Ugh, thanks for the update though. I’ll hold out hope. Who knows what will happen after camp, but that signals all of the QB’s on the market one way or another aren’t coming this way. Fingers crossed something will shake free atleast for depth.

Will we be the Baltimore ravens with Trent dilfer ? Hoping Keon will shock the fan base and experts.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:33 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:55 pm I knew you'd be happy to hear it. One of our weak spots has been addressed With him and Kerr our defensive backfield just got a lot better. Meyers is slated for CB and Kerr for NB.

:shock:

Ugh, thanks for the update though. I’ll hold out hope. Who knows what will happen after camp, but that signals all of the QB’s on the market one way or another aren’t coming this way. Fingers crossed something will shake free atleast for depth.

Will we be the Baltimore ravens with Trent dilfer ? Hoping Keon will shock the fan base and experts.
I am more optimistic on Keon than what appears to be most. The quarantine may actually help us as will be in year 3 of the offense. I really think he can play and the RB position is solid. Wr issues but talent.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Between amare and spears he will have running back to throw too, and I think we will see TE’s continue to be targeted more. Between the OU transfer, two juco kids Fritz likes and the report that JaQuan Jackson had a breakout Spring, we should be fine at WR. As long as Keon can get the ball there . . .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I am hopeful for Keon. He is a capable runner. Reports are his throwing has improved. The question is his issue with turnovers. Hopefully in his time here they have worked that out. It will be his second year in Hall's offense. He has weapons. Getting Dauphine back was a real gift. Spears and Jones are special. The new additions at WR are hopeful. James at TE is also capable and will hopefully be targeted more. Looking forward to it.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I like what I saw out Keon in his limited action. I’m confident our coaches will set him up for success and we have a strong supporting cast, stacked at running back. Remember, we picked up McMillan just days before the season started so there’s always that possibility if necessary.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:00 pm I am hopeful for Keon. He is a capable runner. Reports are his throwing has improved. The question is his issue with turnovers. Hopefully in his time here they have worked that out. It will be his second year in Hall's offense. He has weapons. Getting Dauphine back was a real gift. Spears and Jones are special. The new additions at WR are hopeful. James at TE is also capable and will hopefully be targeted more. Looking forward to it.
This puts me in a great mood for the 4th ! Happy 4th y’all !

Ps: this is Dauphines year to break out
Ruski
Swell

Keon has arm strength we haven't had in a Fritz QB before. There's an allstar cast around him. Like others have said, he's had so much more time in the system than any other Fritz QB. Let's hope it's all a ploy to keep his talent under wraps.
Ruski
Swell

JerseyWave wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:43 pm I like what I saw out Keon in his limited action. I’m confident our coaches will set him up for success and we have a strong supporting cast, stacked at running back. Remember, we picked up McMillan just days before the season started so there’s always that possibility if necessary.
Trey Lowe from WVU still available. In a year with so much transfer QB talent, it makes you wonder why WF would leave us so exposed. It's been one of his worst strategic mistakes for years now.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This thread has drifted. Can we keep the Keon Howard discussions in the Keon Howard (active) thread?
RobertM320
Green Wave

But no Dauphine anymore.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:10 am
JerseyWave wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:43 pm I like what I saw out Keon in his limited action. I’m confident our coaches will set him up for success and we have a strong supporting cast, stacked at running back. Remember, we picked up McMillan just days before the season started so there’s always that possibility if necessary.
Trey Lowe from WVU still available. In a year with so much transfer QB talent, it makes you wonder why WF would leave us so exposed. It's been one of his worst strategic mistakes for years now.
Perhaps the coaching staff feels the incoming Freshman have more upside than the QB's available that would consider Tulane? I may be wrong, but at some point we cannot keep relying on graduate transfers, it's not good for the long term.

That being said, I'd rather we have a QB with experience for a backup than a true Frosh. I think we all feel that way, I'm just scratching my head to come up with reasons why such an experienced coach would leave us so vulnerable.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The staff has gone after several grad transfer QB's and they have all chosen to go elsewhere. May still get one but it hasn't gone well. If the season is played we need the offense to shine in order to attract better quality H.S. Q.B.'s and grad transfers.
Ruski
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:23 pm
Ruski wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:10 am
Perhaps the coaching staff feels the incoming Freshman have more upside than the QB's available that would consider Tulane? I may be wrong, but at some point we cannot keep relying on graduate transfers, it's not good for the long term.

That being said, I'd rather we have a QB with experience for a backup than a true Frosh. I think we all feel that way, I'm just scratching my head to come up with reasons why such an experienced coach would leave us so vulnerable.
But that's just the thing. This has been the single problem to keep WF Tulane in mediocrity. And it's so damn obvious.

2017, we would've gone bowling with a bit better QB play, at the very least someone to make Banks compete. 2018, they got McMillian at the very last moment. Had they got someone in the spring, we win against Wake and FIU at the very least and probably pick up SMU and Cincy. Our defense was damn good that year, weak QB wasted what should've been a double digit W season. Same thing happens again last year, second half good teams figured out McMillian is not a good passer. The fact they didn't want to play Howard is a bad sign. Temple and Navy both tried as hard as they could to give us the W, we literally threw it away.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It is pretty crazy how we have struck out on everyone. Any decent QB should feel pretty good about being able to come in and beat out Keon. To be clear- I’m not saying they would actually be better, but he’s not some entrenched starter or high profile transfer. If only Duffy had worked out -sigh-

Hopefully Pratt and Ibieta will grow up quick
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Finally the welcome to team tweet from the coaches official Twitter account. He’s officially on the team !

A local 22 year old, 4 star, who starting at FSU, that is immediately eligible at a position of need . . . not a bad pick up :D

winwave
Top of the WAVE