Roderic Lewis

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's our latest commit. He's a three star safety as per Rivals. Offers include Memphis, Indiana and Vandy.:

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

Nice! Welcome son.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Welcome ! Bring friends
Eaglewave
Swell

Sweet! Very nice pick up Fritz! Welcome to the Big Easy!
Ball Sumrall!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I wonder what the issue is... ?

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Forever TU
Surge

Whoever runs the gotula twitter account - take down that tweet man! Like, seriously?!
Profoundwizard
Swell

Forever TU wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:27 pm Whoever runs the gotula twitter account - take down that tweet man! Like, seriously?!
I’m not going to say take it down because I don’t want to tell anyone what to say but I will ask what purpose it serves and why would they think it was a good idea to tweet that?
Jaxwave
Swell

Might be the horrible play of the safeties to date. Maybe worried that Kuerchen will get extra years to play and will never come off the field. Lol
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:05 pm Might be the horrible play of the safeties to date. Maybe worried that Kuerchen will get extra years to play and will never come off the field. Lol
That would be an issue. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I do think Roderic Lewis owes it to us as alums and fans to tell us what this "issue within the program is". His statement makes us look bad. For all we know, with Covid allowing so many players an extra year, Fritz could have just decided they could better use his spot on another player and told him to look around.

So if he's going to make us look bad, he better have some facts. And if there really is an issue, then we need to fix it.

Heck, maybe Memphis offered him a check and we didn't.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

You can be sure the coaching staff was told by Lewis what his issue is with us .

What were you told Coach Fritz ? A lot better for us to get it out and move on than for us to ignore the charge , whatever it is , and let it continue to fester .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Profoundwizard
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 am I do think Roderic Lewis owes it to us as alums and fans to tell us what this "issue within the program is". His statement makes us look bad. For all we know, with Covid allowing so many players an extra year, Fritz could have just decided they could better use his spot on another player and told him to look around.

So if he's going to make us look bad, he better have some facts. And if there really is an issue, then we need to fix it.

It would be nice to know, but no, he doesn’t owe anyone anything.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:58 am
RobertM320 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 am I do think Roderic Lewis owes it to us as alums and fans to tell us what this "issue within the program is". His statement makes us look bad. For all we know, with Covid allowing so many players an extra year, Fritz could have just decided they could better use his spot on another player and told him to look around.

It would be nice to know, but no, he doesn’t owe anyone anything.
If he just changed his mind, he doesn't owe us anything. If he's going to accuse us of something, then yes he does.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Jaxwave
Swell

Fritz can’t comment on recruits and the kid doesn’t owe anybody anything. Not classy on his part.
Profoundwizard
Swell

“Due to an issue within the program” isn’t exactly an accusation.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:00 pm “Due to an issue within the program” isn’t exactly an accusation.
Absolutely it is. An 'issue' implies something's not right. If he just changed his mind, he would have just decommitted and left it at that.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I have to believe we lost interest in him, hence his frustration and vague explanation. He isn’t going to say, Tulane decided not to offer me a scholarship
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
squilz
Low Tide

Could be any number of things. The 17 year old kid doesn’t owe a random dude who graduated decades ago an explanation why he doesn’t want to play football at his alma mater. that tweet from the gotula account was embarrassing.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

all the Kid had to tweet.."Due to a change of defibrillator, I am reopenning my recruitment"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

squilz wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:48 am Could be any number of things. The 17 year old kid doesn’t owe a random dude who graduated decades ago an explanation why he doesn’t want to play football at his alma mater. that tweet from the gotula account was embarrassing.
Then all he had to say was, "I'm reopening my recruitment", the way others do. When you try to denigrate the school, which in turn affects how my degree is perceived, and how OTHER RECRUITS may see the school, then yes, we have a right to know what the problem is, so we can fix it.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I will say this. In Aug and Sep he was retweeting players that committed to us, He stopped in the last month. And the only offer he's received was from UNC Charlotte.

Unless something surfaces otherwise, I'm going to assume the coaching staff moved on from him.
Jaxwave
Swell

Maybe Tulane got back to him on admission decision.