Billy Wiles De-commits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Welcome to the Tulane family, Billy. May you become a 4 year starter. Enjoy your Senior year.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

By the way, a lot of tweets from Billy as players commit to us. So he's still sold on us.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He de-comitted tonight:

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

Better hope Pratt and Ibieta stick around. A little late to get a talent at QB and transfers might be scared off by Pratt. Could be real thin at QB next year. Maybe new OC Long can pull a rabbit out of a hat late here.
Jaxwave
Swell

Forgot about Howard. Need to rerecruit him to stay.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Meh. I could be wrong, but not worried here (with him). Ibieta will have a fire lit under him, and we’ll see if long can deliver a high level recruit/transfer. We have now officially dispelled triple option and will start getting wr and QBs
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

These QB recruits have to be seeing the handwriting on the wall. Pratt was one of the best freshman QB’s in the country. The only way an incoming QB recruit could start is to find another position. If Pratt went down Ibeita is likely to come in as a redshirt freshman. So I can’t blame these QB’s for decommitting they won’t get a chance here if they want to play QB right away. It opens up two other skill positions we desperately need. Personally I’d like to get a couple of WR’s. QB is not really a need now in this class.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

O line is always a need. QB seems to be 👍for now.
anEngineer
Riptide

I am not too concerned about QB this year, so long as Ibieta is staying. If Pratt develops next year like he did this year, I think Ibieta will move on to get playing time. We will need quality QB recruit(s) next year.
Jaxwave
Swell

Pratt took a lot of hits this year. Need Ibieta and two more QBs on campus.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

A team always needs to be bring a QB every year. Pratt's style lends to injury. Ibieta is a quality player. Being local I'm hopeful he stays at least one more year. We may need to convince Howard to come back just to be safe. It's really a shame how players these days aren't up to competition.
nawlinspete
Riptide

We do not need Howard . Howard only play is a pass into the turf four yards in front of the intended receiver .

And ww is correct ; all good teams bring in one or two QBs every year . Get out of the Frozen Idaho Middle of Nowhere Bowl and RECRUIT .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Pepper
Swell

We need to let the new OC bring in his own QB recruit. Plus Wiles didnt have any offers from any good FBS schools.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I look for Brennan to transfer in
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:52 am I look for Brennan to transfer in
Hope not , we must stop being perceived as the illegitimate step child of lsu .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:54 am
Hope not , we must stop being perceived as the illegitimate step child of lsu .
The young man wanted to come to Tulane...but Fritz had his option O in place and told him he was not a fit...that is not the case anymore on the O side of the Ball...ya take the best player U can get...transfer or not...oh yeah, tell that to SMU and their transfer QB
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I’m mainly saying we’re are not going to get a good QB to commit with Pratt being here. So why waste a pick just to get a QB that won’t help. I’d rather pick up and WR that can immediately help. If Pratt and Ibeita both go down then we are in trouble anyway.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:49 am I’m mainly saying we’re are not going to get a good QB to commit with Pratt being here. So why waste a pick just to get a QB that won’t help. I’d rather pick up and WR that can immediately help. If Pratt and Ibeita both go down then we are in trouble anyway.
You mean like Tulsa was in trouble when they lost their QB1 and QB2?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:29 am These QB recruits have to be seeing the handwriting on the wall. Pratt was one of the best freshman QB’s in the country. The only way an incoming QB recruit could start is to find another position. If Pratt went down Ibeita is likely to come in as a redshirt freshman. So I can’t blame these QB’s for decommitting they won’t get a chance here if they want to play QB right away. It opens up two other skill positions we desperately need. Personally I’d like to get a couple of WR’s. QB is not really a need now in this class.
Exactly. Just as it's hard to recruit a QB because of Pratt, it should be really easy to recruit some good WRs--all they have to do is be able to catch the ball, and they'll get lots of playing time early.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:50 am We need to let the new OC bring in his own QB recruit. Plus Wiles didnt have any offers from any good FBS schools.
That may be what has happened with Wiles. His twitter post implies that Coach Long was in on the discussions--which could have been aimed at keeping Wiles, or it may have been a strong recommendation that he look elsewhere.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:29 am I am not too concerned about QB this year, so long as Ibieta is staying. If Pratt develops next year like he did this year, I think Ibieta will move on to get playing time. We will need quality QB recruit(s) next year.
That could well happen. I've heard what a great natural athlete Ibieta is, I would hope Fritz could put some more weight on him and turn him into a NFL caliber TE, he's already got the height.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Even with Pratt in the saddle? Does Brennan have a strong hankering for a graduate degree from Tulane?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:14 pm
Even with Pratt in the saddle? Does Brennan have a strong hankering for a graduate degree from Tulane?
Brennan would only be in his 2nd or 3rd year of eligibility.... the Brennan family are huge Tulane boosters...ever hard of Commanders Palace, Brennas' to name of few of their dining places in NOLA
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:54 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:49 am I’m mainly saying we’re are not going to get a good QB to commit with Pratt being here. So why waste a pick just to get a QB that won’t help. I’d rather pick up and WR that can immediately help. If Pratt and Ibeita both go down then we are in trouble anyway.
You mean like Tulsa was in trouble when they lost their QB1 and QB2?
Well we have Howard. :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981