QB transfer market

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Thanks for sharing. I hope that ncaa ruling opens up the options and the field. Besides Lowe from WV it’s hard to be excited about any of those guys. Very impressive he graduated in 2 years. How exactly do you do that ? He clearly has great genetics and never got his shot at WV (he also had offers from Illinois and Memphis).

The next best option would be to be extremely patient and see who shakes out at the very end of the summer a la McMillan.

And before any says it- this obviously assumes we play football. People need to stop with that comment, it’s clearly implied if we are discussing this it’s under the hopeful assumption we will be playing.
Ruski
Swell

Tyrell Pigrome was very impressive before injuries.

Anyone else catch this bit :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tulane has scored their first commitment for the 2021 class from Virginia prep quarterback Billy Wiles
Rated 3 star on 247, offer from Yale+Harvard, interest from Penn St
Ruski
Swell

Ruski wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:28 pm Tyrell Pigrome was very impressive before injuries.

Tulane has scored their first commitment for the 2021 class from Virginia prep quarterback Billy Wiles
I looked up Pigrome and couldn't remember why I had such a strong impression....oh yeah I watched this game live when as a true sophmore, first game of the year, he goes into Austin and puts up 9-of-12 passes for 175 yards and two touchdowns in addition to rushing for 65 yards and a touchdown .......in pretty much one half.

anEngineer
Riptide

I remember we were chasing Pigrome and actually thought, at one point, that we might get him. I don't remember, was he ever verbally committed to us?
ajcalhoun
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:55 pm I remember we were chasing Pigrome and actually thought, at one point, that we might get him. I don't remember, was he ever verbally committed to us?
I don't think he was a commitment but he definitely looked at us. I'm pretty sure that was same recruiting year as Lindsey Scott Jr.
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

He’s had some serious problems turning over the ball, with more int’s than tds last year.
swampnik
Surge

Ruski wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:47 pm
Ruski wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:28 pm Tyrell Pigrome was very impressive before injuries.

I looked up Pigrome and couldn't remember why I had such a strong impression....oh yeah I watched this game live when as a true sophmore, first game of the year, he goes into Austin and puts up 9-of-12 passes for 175 yards and two touchdowns in addition to rushing for 65 yards and a touchdown .......in pretty much one half.

+1 I could get behind the idea for a move on Pigrome.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I’ll take Pig if he’s healthy, but still have concerns about his turn overs. It would be fun to have a QB rematch of that Maryland Texas Game between Shane B (SMU) and Pig playing for Tulane.

Although when do we start getting SMU QB recruits like this ? https://247sports.com/Player/Preston-Stone-46039887/
Ruski
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:18 pm I’ll take Pig if he’s healthy, but still have concerns about his turn overs. It would be fun to have a QB rematch of that Maryland Texas Game between Shane B (SMU) and Pig playing for Tulane.

Although when do we start getting SMU QB recruits like this ? https://247sports.com/Player/Preston-Stone-46039887/
When we get the Tulane equivalent of Sonny Dykes. WF is great and I love him but we're not gonna get top New Orleans recruits until we get someone connected aka local and loud enough.

Noah Taliancich is great step in that direction though.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:51 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:18 pm I’ll take Pig if he’s healthy, but still have concerns about his turn overs. It would be fun to have a QB rematch of that Maryland Texas Game between Shane B (SMU) and Pig playing for Tulane.

When we get the Tulane equivalent of Sonny Dykes. WF is great and I love him but we're not gonna get top New Orleans recruits until we get someone connected aka local and loud enough.

and what " Local Coach' would that be.....Dykes, was born in Big Spring Texas which is a suburb of "MOJO" ..he played First Base at TX Tech, while his dad, Spike, was Head football Coach @ Tech
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Ruski
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:04 pm

and what " Local Coach' would that be.....Dykes, was born in Big Spring Texas which is a suburb of "MOJO" ..he played First Base at TX Tech, while his dad, Spike, was Head football Coach @ Tech
His dad was playing against or recruiting Dallas HS players for 40 years. Sonny inherited a lot of relationships from Spike. Sonny grew up in Texas HS football royalty. Big difference from WF relationship with LA HS system.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We have much higher ranked local incoming Frosh than Noah. Angelo Anderson, Josh Remetich, and Adonis Friloux are all ranked higher. I hope Noah turns into a monster on D for the next few years, but wonder why you chose him? Especially when your post is mostly based on having local coaches?

How about JJ McKlesky? And although he's from Shreveport, LSU grad Byron Dawson should not be overlooked. He's well respected throughout the state.

Golfnut, Dykes not only has lots more contacts in-state, but the state has a ton more highly ranked prospects as well.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Ruski
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 pm

We have much higher ranked local incoming Frosh than Noah. Angelo Anderson, Josh Remetich, and Adonis Friloux are all ranked higher. I hope Noah turns into a monster on D for the next few years, but wonder why you chose him? Especially when your post is mostly based on having local coaches?

How about JJ McKlesky? And although he's from Shreveport, LSU grad Byron Dawson should not be overlooked. He's well respected throughout the state.

Golfnut, Dykes not only has lots more contacts in-state, but the state has a ton more highly ranked prospects as well.
The reason I chose Noah is because Noah was decided way before receiving his Tulane offer. No other school had any chance any turning him, he's a life long Tulane fan and helped recruit other top players to Tulane. If you look at the quotes by Preston Stone, he is the same.

Ultimately I think a lot of our other players would've flipped to lsu/bama/texas, if they had the chance. Stone picked SMU over all those schools! That's a level of commitment that goes wayyyy beyond facilities and primetime ESPN. That kind of commitment can only come from years and years of relationships and pride for an institution.

An outsider like WF can cultivate that kind of loyalty and pride. But it will take 10 years of winning. But if you have ties to a players HS, Middle School, Peeweee football coaches and you've been primed your whole life to look at Tulane as the holy mecca.....well then you'll have your blinders on to more hookers and blow than even Louisville or Miami can offer!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Dykes has his prospects here in Texas.....as posted before, Metro Houston has the population of the complete state of Louisiana...Spike Dykes was liked and respected here in Texas, and was a very nice gentleman, Sonny has some contacts, but not nearly as many as ole Dad had
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:18 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 pm Golfnut, Dykes not only has lots more contacts in-state, but the state has a ton more highly ranked prospects as well.
Dykes has his prospects here in Texas.....as posted before, Metro Houston has the population of the complete state of Louisiana...Spike Dykes was liked and respected here in Texas, and was a very nice gentleman, Sonny has some contacts, but not nearly as many as ole Dad had
Exactly my point! :thumbup:

In an off year for the state of Texas, they only had just under 15% of all the HS 4 and 5 star recruits. Louisiana had less than 5%.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:09 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 pm Golfnut, Dykes not only has lots more contacts in-state, but the state has a ton more highly ranked prospects as well.

In an off year for the state of Texas, they only had just under 15% of all the HS 4 and 5 star recruits. Louisiana had less than 5%.
a few years ago, I gace WF' son the lead on two players here in Georgetown..they never bothered to contact either one...one is now a LB at Boise...the other a WR at Tx Tech...and now ya know why Chet Gladchuck insisted on Navy being in the west divison
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:06 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:09 pm

a few years ago, I gace WF' son the lead on two players here in Georgetown..they never bothered to contact either one...one is now a LB at Boise...the other a WR at Tx Tech...and now ya know why Chet Gladchuck insisted on Navy being in the west divison
Ditto Golf. I gave WF a lead on a kid who only wanted to play for Tulane. The staff never followed up—the kid is starting TE for Mizzou.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

It’s also worth noting that Preston Stone’s family are die-hard SMU alums. A similar situation as our getting Justin Ibeta.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

During the CJ error, I gave the recruiting coordinator an introduction to the head coach at New Canaan (CT) HS. The coach had told me at a fundraiser for Zach that he had a Junior OL that was a definite D1 player and had over a 4.0 GPA. I think our RC was Lichtenberger at the time. They never contacted the legendary New Canaan football coach (Lou Marinelli) and the player he was recommending went on to be a 4 year starter at TCU.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Can’t remember precisely, but I believe a poster here said he was frustrated because he had a great D1 hs property who hasn’t heard from Tulane, and he’s grown up a Tulane fan and committed to ULL. A few days later the poster responds the coaches are now talking to him, and weeks later the kid flips from ULL to Tulane. I believe that was Noah ?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:25 pm Can’t remember precisely, but I believe a poster here said he was frustrated because he had a great D1 hs property who hasn’t heard from Tulane, and he’s grown up a Tulane fan and committed to ULL. A few days later the poster responds the coaches are now talking to him, and weeks later the kid flips from ULL to Tulane. I believe that was Noah ?
Yes, that was Noah.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We are definitely heading in the right direction with Mcclesky, Dawson and back to back Bowl wins. Imagine what a 9+ Win season with a down LSU/ULL/LaTech year could do.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JT Daniels, who was a 5 star recruit in 2018 and started 11 games for USC as a true Frosh in 2018, has entered the portal. I'm sure some of the biggest football factories will be all over him. He lost his job after sitting out 2019 due to blowing out his ACL in the season opener. His replacement, another true Frosh, Kedon Slovis, appeared in 12 games with Daniels out of the lineup. Slovis threw for 3,502 yards and 30 touchdowns, averaging 8.9 yards per attempt.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

https://crescentcitysports.com/report-m ... er-portal/

Now this would be an great fit and a great get ! Does anyone having any scouting reports or knowledge of him ?

Out dueling Lamar Jackson as a Freshman isn’t too shabby ! https://sports.yahoo.com/mississippi-st ... 43110.html