Football Recruiting 2022

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Wave QB
Swell

I saw this kid at a Newman practice a few weeks ago, and was super impressed! I didn’t know that he already had an offer from us. All I can tell you guys is..............OMG!!!! I pray we get him. Remember you heard it here first. This kid is going to be the real deal.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... son-251668

Ruski
Swell

Wave QB wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:26 pm I saw this kid at a Newman practice a few weeks ago, and was super impressed! I didn’t know that he already had an offer from us. All I can tell you guys is..............OMG!!!! I pray we get him. Remember you heard it here first. This kid is going to be the real deal.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... son-251668
Get the package with Arch Manning. About time we start keeping local private school kids.
Eaglewave
Swell

AJ Johnson went to McMain his freshman year and was killing it. He transferred to Newman, so he had to sit out this year. I asked some folks I know about him, and they all told me that this kid is a hell of a basketball player as well. One coach (who is now at Abramson) told me that he was dunking like crazy in middle school while at Akili Academy! Lol. Looking forward to seeing what he does with Arch. Hopefully, we can snatch up some big time recruits by being able to showcase a top 25 G5 program.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11002739/AJ-Johnson
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The next Manning: High school freshman QB Arch Manning has the game to match his name https://theathletic.com/1345089/2019/11 ... ed-article
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I get that we have to be recruiting these kids early. But none of this means anything until December of their Senior years of HS. Most kids, it seems, renege on their verbal commitments, particularly those that are before the middle of their Senior season of HS Football. What we line up now for 2022 is going to be a whole different story than what we sign. I'm not against going after these underclass HS players, and would LOVE to land Manning. I'm just saying it's kinda crazy to put much emphasis a few years out, even if they give us verbal commitments.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

The better these guys perform over the next few years the worse chance we have to sign them.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:52 pm The better these guys perform over the next few years the worse chance we have to sign them.
That's the recruiting dilemma: Go after a kid that's a HS underclassman and he gets on the radar of other schools. He plays well and gets P5 offers. He plays poorly and we have to wonder if we should offer. Now, I'm not saying that a Newman QB named Manning was going to fly under anybody's radar....
RobertM320
Green Wave

At some point you have to put your faith in Coach Fritz and his staff to be able to sell the advantages Tulane offers. Granted, we're not going to be landing 4 and 5 star players, we just have to accept that. But Fritz has shown the ability to sell recruits on the Tulane package. Education, world class city, and great conference.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:09 pm At some point you have to put your faith in Coach Fritz and his staff to be able to sell the advantages Tulane offers. Granted, we're not going to be landing 4 and 5 star players, we just have to accept that. But Fritz has shown the ability to sell recruits on the Tulane package. Education, world class city, and great conference.
Precisely. Now is not the time to have concerns about Tulane recruiting. That would have been in December 2015, after firing a Super Bowl winning coach and announcing to the world that no one could win at Tulane. Like compound interest, recruiting is a process that builds upon success and prior results.

Trust in Fritz. Fritz will provide.
ajcalhoun
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:26 pm
That would have been in December 2015, after firing a Super Bowl winning coach and announcing to the world that no one could win at Tulane.
Calling CJ a "Super Bowl winning coach," which is technically true, is a bit disingenuous and I guarantee you that nobody, and I mean nobody, ever said "If CJ can't win at Tulane no one can."

Edited for spelling. Not ruling out doing it again.
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 pm
That would have been in December 2015, after firing a Super Bowl winning coach and announcing to the world that no one could win at Tulane.
Calling CJ a "Super Bowl winning coach," which is technically true, is a bit disingenuous and I guarantee you that nobody, and I mean nobody, ever said "If CJ can't win at Tulane no one can."

Edited for spelling. Not ruling out doing it again.

This is correct and hilarious. It’s like cherry picking data to mis represent the truth. I would love for someone to say “If CJ can't win at Tulane no one can." To me. I would have an entertaining response. You can also sub in cow dick with similar sentiments and a similar response from me.
Wave QB
Swell

Eaglewave wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:01 am AJ Johnson went to McMain his freshman year and was killing it. He transferred to Newman, so he had to sit out this year. I asked some folks I know about him, and they all told me that this kid is a hell of a basketball player as well. One coach (who is now at Abramson) told me that he was dunking like crazy in middle school while at Akili Academy! Lol. Looking forward to seeing what he does with Arch. Hopefully, we can snatch up some big time recruits by being able to showcase a top 25 G5 program.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11002739/AJ-Johnson
My man Eagle.
Wave QB
Swell

VanceWGreen
Ripple

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:26 pm That would have been in December 2015, after firing a Super Bowl winning coach
Well-said. Truth.
wave97
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:09 pm At some point you have to put your faith in Coach Fritz and his staff to be able to sell the advantages Tulane offers. Granted, we're not going to be landing 4 and 5 star players, we just have to accept that. But Fritz has shown the ability to sell recruits on the Tulane package. Education, world class city, and great conference.
Precisely. Now is not the time to have concerns about Tulane recruiting. That would have been in December 2015, after firing a Super Bowl winning coach and announcing to the world that no one could win at Tulane. Like compound interest, recruiting is a process that builds upon success and prior results.

Let us see how well we recruit if changes are not made among the weakest performing coaches.
Jeffrey Johnson is regressing to Braynon Edwards status under Coach Dawson. D-lineman do not learn technique running into a fixed steel machine. You have to go live, good vs good - time again & again & again. Steel contraptions provide *zero* development for defensive. lineman.
Our DB's are coached by the three stooges of Curtis, McClesky & what's his hyphenated from Army. Our defensive strategy has consistently failed under this staff because of a complete breakdown of tactics & execution. If there is not turnover of the position group coaches our program is going nowhere with recruiting, or wins.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:03 am

Let us see how well we recruit if changes are not made among the weakest performing coaches.
Jeffrey Johnson is regressing to Braynon Edwards status under Coach Dawson. D-lineman do not learn technique running into a fixed steel machine. You have to go live, good vs good - time again & again & again. Steel contraptions provide *zero* development for defensive. lineman.
Our DB's are coached by the three stooges of Curtis, McClesky & what's his hyphenated from Army. Our defensive strategy has consistently failed under this staff because of a complete breakdown of tactics & execution. If there is not turnover of the position group coaches our program is going nowhere with recruiting, or wins.
Great points Wave97. The combination of improved recruiting and poor game performance, makes me really wonder what is going on at practice, Monday thru Fridays? Why do talented defensive players seem to regress during their Tulane years? Why does our OL never seem to measure up against our AAC competitors? Why can't our WRs catch the ball consistently? Why do we tackle so poorly? Why does a Keon Howard start ahead of a Michael Pratt? What is going on at practice?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave QB
Swell

With the way our receivers look at the moment, we need to let AJ Johnson know that he will start as a true freshman here! Get this kid Fritz!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We are competing with LA tech and Memphis for many on that list. Memphis was very successful last year in LA, we need to beat them for the kids we want.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm We are competing with LA tech and Memphis for many on that list. Memphis was very successful last year in LA, we need to beat them for the kids we want.
Memphis has been eating lunch and dinner in the Greater New Orleans and Louisiana recruiting grounds. They've out recruiting us in our backyard for over a decade.
Pepper
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:19 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:16 pm We are competing with LA tech and Memphis for many on that list. Memphis was very successful last year in LA, we need to beat them for the kids we want.
Memphis has been eating lunch and dinner in the Greater New Orleans and Louisiana recruiting grounds. They've out recruiting us in our backyard for over a decade.

Memphis has a lot of coaches on their staff with some unique titles.

https://gotigersgo.com/sports/football/coaches
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:53 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:19 am

Memphis has a lot of coaches on their staff with some unique titles.

https://gotigersgo.com/sports/football/coaches
Do we have a Team Chaplin? For many recruits, from religious families, that might be viewed as an important consideration.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If that’s what we need, go get one. I actually remember there being a priest at Tulane who was the team spiritual leader for the Pittsburg Steelers during their playoff and Super Bowl runs. Really funny and pragmatic Irishman, ALOT of wild stories from the team.

On a separate note- how many coaches do we have vs Memphis ? I know the ncaa limits on field coaches, but not analysts. I hope WF has what he needs
billow
High Tide

Tulane’s team Chaplain is Corey Olivier
Eaglewave
Swell

AJ Johnson committed to LSu.
Ball Sumrall!