Football Recruiting 2022

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

https://247sports.com/Article/Tulane-re ... 165057369/

This is an awesome article about Carson Haggard. His sister goes to Tulane, he’s from S Florida and spent spring break “hanging” at Tulane with Michael Pratt and his sister. Now he’s trying to recruit all of his friends in SFlorida to come to Tulane and play. Love it

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:14 pm https://247sports.com/Article/Tulane-re ... 165057369/

This is an awesome article about Carson Haggard. His sister goes to Tulane, he’s from S Florida and spent spring break “hanging” at Tulane with Michael Pratt and his sister. Now he’s trying to recruit all of his friends in SFlorida to come to Tulane and play. Love it
Good stuff. Hopefully he's successful reeling them in.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Speedy Rogers now COMMITTED .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
anEngineer
Riptide

While it does show significant progress in recruiting quality, it's hard to get locked in on May commitments. I think Coach Fritz's already-good reputation has only grown stronger with his time here. Now that we are getting legitimate quality QBs, the WRs will follow. I feel confident that we will eventually start losing quality QBs to the portal because we will have really good ones in place.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We often talk about the allure of living and going to school in New Orleans. Seemingly many students then proceed to go to more rural destinations. Kids throughout Florida LOVE to make the trip into New Orleans. It’s their favorite destination. If they love it, let’s use it and bring em in. I think it’s safe to assume Michael Pratt and Carson’s sister ar Tulane showed him an excellent time (despite covid).
wave97
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:13 pm While it does show significant progress in recruiting quality, it's hard to get locked in on May commitments. I think Coach Fritz's already-good reputation has only grown stronger with his time here. Now that we are getting legitimate quality QBs, the WRs will follow. I feel confident that we will eventually start losing quality QBs to the portal because we will have really good ones in place.
I thank God that our former President is gone and our current President seems to be handling the tiller with great effect.
President Fitts was a young law professor at Penn when another Tulane President completely transformed the image and endowment at the University of Pennsylvania. Sheldon Hackney's legacy at Penn has not gone lost with Fitts.
We have a competent executive in Michael Fitts who I think will continue to do what's best for Tulane & Tulane Athletics. The bombastic blowhard is gone. HOO-RAY!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:57 am
anEngineer wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:13 pm While it does show significant progress in recruiting quality, it's hard to get locked in on May commitments. I think Coach Fritz's already-good reputation has only grown stronger with his time here. Now that we are getting legitimate quality QBs, the WRs will follow. I feel confident that we will eventually start losing quality QBs to the portal because we will have really good ones in place.
I thank God that our former President is gone and our current President seems to be handling the tiller with great effect.
President Fitts was a young law professor at Penn when another Tulane President completely transformed the image and endowment at the University of Pennsylvania. Sheldon Hackney's legacy at Penn has not gone lost with Fitts.
We have a competent executive in Michael Fitts who I think will continue to do what's best for Tulane & Tulane Athletics. The bombastic blowhard is gone. HOO-RAY!
+1,000. Sheldon Hackney was a wonderful Tulane president.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

Here's a more current article about the South Florida recruits. A lot of the info is the same, but there's a few other names mentioned that they're trying to recruit.

https://www.305sports.net/how-tulane-ha ... 022-cycle/
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This is amazing. If the New Orleans Louisiana players don’t want to come here then bring on south Florida, Alabama and Mississippi players who do want to be here. After we start winning aaa. Championships and make the playoff we can let their coaches push for their recruitment.
anEngineer
Riptide

I don't begrudge any 18-year-old who wants to experience someplace different than where he has lived his whole life and where his parents are.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:57 am I thank God that our former President is gone and our current President seems to be handling the tiller with great effect.
I agree with both your assessment of Cowen and Hackney and am still waiting to grade Fitts. But I'm curious, what was the University of Pennsylvania's image prior to Hackney? Given it's age (it's one of a select few that dates to before our nation was formed) and reputation, I find it difficult to believe it wasn't always a well respected academic institution, despite the "rowbottom riots" of the middle 20th century.

To avoid a total thread-drift, what was the last big recruit Tulane signed from the Quaker State?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

LT Matt Lombardi, St Joseph Prep (a good Jesuit boy).
Penn was at the bottom of the Ivy's during the 70's. Crime was rampant in West Philadelphia and Penn's endowment was weak.
Football is not being played in sufficient numbers to support the rosters throughout large portions of the country that PA once did. Penn State has to troll the South for recruits. 25 years ago that would have been unheard of. How do you think somebody as stupid as Joe Paterno managed to die as a fallen demi-god? He got the cream of the crop from Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio, New Jersey, New York & Virginia. As long as Johnny Majors & Jackie Sherrill were not taking him to school, he had the pick of the litter.
MicMan
Swell

Under Sheldon Hackney Penn re-emphasized athletics and became a regular Ivy Football champion, to the point where the conference would adjust recrutiing and other rules to rein in Penn's dominance.
wave97
Swell

The Philadelphia Police mounted a 50 caliber machine gun on one of their helicopters and sprayed a neighborhood not far from Penn with live shells in an attempt to evict a group of people living in a compound they didn't see eye to eye with. Shortly thereafter several satchels of c4 were dropped on the house killing all who remained and burning down blocks of row housing.
Monday mornings were a fine time for University of Pennsylvania alumni in lower Manhattan in the eighties & nineties. Donald Trump was one👍 Although he's more of a mid-town guy..
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Gabriel Jacas has committed:

Like that he was a wrestler.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

One of our higher rates recruits. Let’s keep the momentum in south Florida going.

As an aside- Stephen Huderson chose to go to mcneese state.
RobertM320
Green Wave

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He did help us but we moved up to 50 because several of our recruits that previously had no ranking got ranked.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Excellent to hear. Imagine what happens if we beat ole miss and move into the top 25 !

Also apparently the new TE was the 6th highest recruit EVER at Tulane (with modern services).
gbgreenie
Surge

One that we lost to ULL, Montrell Johnson from De La Salle down St. Charles Ave. True freshman, 13 carries 84 yards and 4 td.
Player Rating
247SPORTS COMPOSITE®
NATL .908
History
RB 60
LA 29

https://crescentcitysports.com/montrell ... f-bobcats/
GreenLantern
Riptide

Future UCLA quarterback recruit passed for 13 touchdowns in a single game. They were up 83-0 at the half. His team shut out their opponent for all four quarters, scored over 100 points and still executed a two-point conversion on the last play of the game. That's real sportsmanship there.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/04/us/ingle ... index.html
Bigschtick
Riptide

I hope that our recruiting is not in the dumpster after this nightmare season!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:21 am I hope that our recruiting is not in the dumpster after this nightmare season!
BIG's...fear not, we have Wesley Fritz in charge of talent evaluation
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:21 am I hope that our recruiting is not in the dumpster after this nightmare season!
Today, an SMU alum told me that they are very concerned about their recruiting because of the AAC disaster. They have two 4-star commits, but now have doubts they’ll hold onto them. They are also concerned that Sonny Dykes may be up for grabs. At least we don’t have those problems. 🤪🤪
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:33 pm
Today, an SMU alum told me that they are very concerned about their recruiting because of the AAC disaster. They have two 4-star commits, but now have doubts they’ll hold onto them. They are also concerned that Sonny Dykes may be up for grabs. At least we don’t have those problems. 🤪🤪
Dykes is lucky to be at SMU.......TCU and Tech are not going to hire him, he has too many in game brain farts to overcome, when Baylor passed on him, his fate was sealed...SMU has a coach on staff that has paid a price and may now get another opportunity Jim Leavett, and the DC at Baylor, Ron Roberts, may get a serious look by both schools...of course the UTSA coach will be mentioned as well...and as we all know, Tom Hermann and Kevin Sumlin are available
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !