Justin Campbell denied Admission

Talk about the latest recruits here.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:31 pm The reason matters. You don't want to address the list issue because you can't. This is all about one player who Tulane may well have had good reason to deny admission too. It's laughable that you want to overlook the obvious sign that comes from this being only about one player. Tulane likely had good reason. When someone is wanted by the staff and denied admission they make it known. Used to happen all the time for 70 long years. That's no longer the case since the changes made a decade ago. NO ONE
ever said we are absolute equal footing. But again no private is. Others show you don't have to be to still be successful. Plus the player is not what was claimed here as being a star two way player. His stats or lack thereof as a hitter show that. It's laughable that people won't own up on that lie. I've said he could help as a pitcher but he wouldn't be our Friday or Saturday starter at this point.
He has a 2.25 ERA in the B12. Check our SP stats. He would be our game 2 starter.
Tell me why he was not admitted and he was admitted elsewhere, I think that is fair
Point being,why?.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Mon May 17, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profoundwizard
Swell

Didn’t we also lose a JUCO infielder to ULM a few years ago because of admissions?
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:25 pm What do those stupid scouts know. He was an 18th round daft pick out of high school.
Yep. And he turned down $750,000 to come to Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:08 pm
winwave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:31 pm The reason matters. You don't want to address the list issue because you can't. This is all about one player who Tulane may well have had good reason to deny admission too. It's laughable that you want to overlook the obvious sign that comes from this being only about one player. Tulane likely had good reason. When someone is wanted by the staff and denied admission they make it known. Used to happen all the time for 70 long years. That's no longer the case since the changes made a decade ago. NO ONE
ever said we are absolute equal footing. But again no private is. Others show you don't have to be to still be successful. Plus the player is not what was claimed here as being a star two way player. His stats or lack thereof as a hitter show that. It's laughable that people won't own up on that lie. I've said he could help as a pitcher but he wouldn't be our Friday or Saturday starter at this point.
He has a 2.25 ERA in the B12. Check our SP stats. He would be our game 2 starter.
Tell me why he was not admitted and he was admitted elsewhere, I think that is fair
Point being,why?.
Right. But what did he do against Texas and TCU? So he can handle the lesser teams but is still getting there against the better teams. This is his second season. Aubrey and Bogusevic were doing it from early on in their careers. My point has been that a few you now have chosen to sleep with have been on here trying to get everyone all riled up by proclaiming he was a star two player. HE'S NOT. As to stats saying he'd be our number two that's why they say stats are for losers. He'd be # 3 here this season. That would have helped. We don't know why he's not here and the reason matters. It may be good or maybe it's not.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:09 pm
Point being,why?.
Right. But what did he do against Texas and TCU? So he can handle the lesser teams but is still getting there against the better teams. This is his second season. Aubrey and Bogusevic were doing it from early on in their careers. My point has been that a few you now have chosen to sleep with have been on here trying to get everyone all riled up by proclaiming he was a star two player. HE'S NOT. As to stats saying he'd be our number two that's why they say stats are for losers. He'd be # 3 here this season. That would have helped. We don't know why he's not here and the reason matters. It may be good or maybe it's not.
Bogusevic didn’t crack the weekend rotation until mid-April of his Sophomore season
Show Me
Tsunami

This tread epitomizes the true insanity of one of our posters. Something that even a blind man can see. Everyone here can explain it but can’t learn it for him.
He too got Tulane’d
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:30 pm This tread epitomizes the true insanity of one of our posters. Something that even a blind man can see. Everyone here can explain it but can’t learn it for him.
He too got Tulane’d
Thank God everyone is not a simpleton like you . Others see it too that the reason matters. They just don't want to endure your ignorance. This is no great catastrophe nor a sign that we have a serious and chronic problem in admissions. It's one player and there may have been good reason for the denial.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:19 pm

Point being,why?.
Bogusevic didn’t crack the weekend rotation until mid-April of his Sophomore season
He got in the rotation in early April of his freshman season. Started 16 games on the mound his sophomore season.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:50 pm

He got in the rotation in early April of his freshman season. Started 16 games on the mound his sophomore season.
Those were midweek starts. You diminished the midweek starts from Campbell. Be consistent
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:44 pm
Show Me wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:30 pm This tread epitomizes the true insanity of one of our posters. Something that even a blind man can see. Everyone here can explain it but can’t learn it for him.
He too got Tulane’d
Thank God everyone is not a simpleton like you . Others see it too that the reason matters. They just don't want to endure your ignorance. This is no great catastrophe nor a sign that we have a serious and chronic problem in admissions. It's one player and there may have been good reason for the denial.
It doesn’t get any simpler.
You back yourself into a corner trying to defend our admissions office on this one. Just admit it and move on.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not defending admissions. As I've said all along no one knows the reason and since he's the only one it certainly gives reason to believe they had a good reason. You overplayed his status as a star two way player and you overplayed how serious a problem this really is. I just cleared that up.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Can you clear up the issue on why Campbell’s midweek starts aren’t impressive but Bogusevic’s were?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:59 pm
winwave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:50 pm

Those were midweek starts. You diminished the midweek starts from Campbell. Be consistent
His first start was against UNO on 4-1. On 4-11 of his freshman year he started against Houston in a conference game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:58 pm Can you clear up the issue on why Campbell’s midweek starts aren’t impressive but Bogusevic’s were?
In that weekend start against Houston he went6.2 and gave up one earned run.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:06 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:58 pm Can you clear up the issue on why Campbell’s midweek starts aren’t impressive but Bogusevic’s were?
In that weekend start against Houston he went6.2 and gave up one earned run.
So?
Justin Campbell threw a no-hitter against Kansas
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That was his second year year. 2003 was Bogusevic's first season. Be consistent.

Bottom line is he is no two player like Bogusevic was.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Campbell never got the opportunity to pitch conference games in his true freshman season, the season was cut short
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like admissions we'll never know.
ajcalhoun
Swell

I don't want to go back through this entire thread but is anyone agreeing with winwave here or is it winwave vs. the universe?
God Bless Everyone!
Profoundwizard
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:47 pm I don't want to go back through this entire thread but is anyone agreeing with winwave here or is it winwave vs. the universe?
The latter
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:47 pm I don't want to go back through this entire thread but is anyone agreeing with winwave here or is it winwave vs. the universe?
Posters agreed with me.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:51 pm
Posters agreed with me.
Uh no. I suggest you argue with a mirror and see who wins. This argument was over a long time ago. The kid is now a weekend starter in the Big 12. He would have given us 3 to 4 mid week victories and possibly 2 more in conference play. End of story. All I can tell you from one unnamed parent, the coaching staff was pretty pissed about having the Tulane trap door capture another recruit. The kid didn't commit a felony, sexually molest anyone or belong to a white supremist group. It's bs and it's the Admissions dept flexing their muscle. Our AD needs to be in the President's ear.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not true at all. Others agreed. Like I said above they just don't want to put up with y'alls BS. He is not the two way star you and yours tried to play him to be. As to his denial no one knows. We do know there's not some long list of situations like this. If the AD felt the way you do he would be in his ear. But he knows what admissions knows and you don't.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:34 pm Not true at all. Others agreed. Like I said above they just don't want to put up with y'alls BS. He is not the two way star you and yours tried to play him to be. As to his denial no one knows. We do know there's not some long list of situations like this. If the AD felt the way you do he would be in his ear. But he knows what admissions knows and you don't.
Nobody agrees. It’s the dumbest argument you’ve ever attempted here and there have been many.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They did. You're just not literate enough to read it.