Justin Campbell denied Admission

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There is a fact that winwave refuses to recognize that is a tell-all in this discusssion: Against better competition, he had a better record and lower ERA than any starting pitcher on Tulane's roster. More than a run better than Olthoff, with a better record against better competition.

Refute that. You want facts, those are the facts. And while your at it, using your term "step on campus two way stud" he ABSOLUTELY WAS. 2020 is when he debuted. I already posted his bio from 2020. Very impressive. To quote a line in the movies "you can't handle the truth."

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually you can't. He was not their Friday night ace. He was their midweek starter until their second conference series. He never started a Friday night game during the regular season. So let Olthoff or Aldrich start midweek like he did and their numbers would be better too. As noted against the better competition he was 0-2 with a 7.50 ERA. As a freshman he was 1-2 with a 4.43 ERA. That's the truth. Deal with it.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:53 pm There is a fact that winwave refuses to recognize that is a tell-all in this discusssion: Against better competition, he had a better record and lower ERA than any starting pitcher on Tulane's roster. More than a run better than Olthoff, with a better record against better competition.

Refute that. You want facts, those are the facts. And while your at it, using your term "step on campus two way stud" he ABSOLUTELY WAS. 2020 is when he debuted. I already posted his bio from 2020. Very impressive. To quote a line in the movies "you can't handle the truth."
Also “He can’t handle being wrong”
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:07 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:53 pm There is a fact that winwave refuses to recognize that is a tell-all in this discusssion: Against better competition, he had a better record and lower ERA than any starting pitcher on Tulane's roster. More than a run better than Olthoff, with a better record against better competition.

Also “He can’t handle being wrong”
You can't dispute the facts I've given so you attack. Typical.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:06 pm Actually you can't. He was not their Friday night ace. He was their midweek starter until their second conference series. He never started a Friday night game during the regular season. So let Olthoff or Aldrich start midweek like he did and their numbers would be better too. As noted against the better competition he was 0-2 with a 7.50 ERA. As a freshman he was 1-2 with a 4.43 ERA. That's the truth. Deal with it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol:

WRONG AGAIN I will quote from his 2020 bio:
was in the weekend starting rotation the entire season
:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll:

And oh by the way, Olthoff played JUCO baseball his first two years out of HS. How many weekend starts at the D1 level did he make those two years? His era his Sophomore season was 0.06 better than Campbells Sophomore season. But that's comparing WalMart to Saks 5th Avenue.
Last edited by DfromCT on Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:19 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:06 pm Actually you can't. He was not their Friday night ace. He was their midweek starter until their second conference series. He never started a Friday night game during the regular season. So let Olthoff or Aldrich start midweek like he did and their numbers would be better too. As noted against the better competition he was 0-2 with a 7.50 ERA. As a freshman he was 1-2 with a 4.43 ERA. That's the truth. Deal with it.
WRONG AGAIN I will quote from his 2020 bio:
was in the weekend starting rotation the entire season
One little other tidbit to consider: What was Olthoff doing his first year out of HS? Pitching for a community college. Which he did for two seasons. I'd say Campbell is light years ahead of that at the same stage of his career.
You're wrong as usual. Look at their schedule. He was their midweek starter this year until their second conference series. He never started a Friday night game during the regular season. As to Olthoff no one ever declared him a step on campus stud. He didn't start pitching till his senior year of HS. But you knew that b/c the last time you came with that weak argument I posted the article that pointed that out.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

:D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

What day of the week was April 2nd 2021? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. That series started on a Thursday. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:59 pm LOL. That series started on a Thursday. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He never started a Friday night game during the regular season.
:? :? :?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:08 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:59 pm LOL. That series started on a Thursday. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He never started a Friday night game during the regular season.
:? :? :?
LOL. You know the point is you said he was the Friday night ace which means starting the opening game of the series. He didn't. Even funnier is that you clearly went back and looked at their schedule and saw that I was right about the things I said. Then you try and deflect on this. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't recall calling him their Friday night starter, I said he would be fighting for our Friday night starting job. Then you said he never made a start on a Friday night. As usual, when proven wrong, you tried to change the argument, and threw in a qualifier. Likewise I never called him a two way stud. OSU did. Their coach has repeatedly done so by using him as a DH. He won some award for being one of the best two way players, do OSU, his coach and Baseball America all say the things you attribute to me (thanks!) yet you keep telling us the guy is smoke and mirrors. It's so funny to watch you back pedal time after time after time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good night, Gracie.
McWave
High Tide

So it’s not TJ’s fault we lose. It’s the TU Admin. If TU would’ve allowed Campbell in we’d be in a regional. Then can we stop blaming TJ.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:57 pm I don't recall calling him their Friday night starter, I said he would be fighting for our Friday night starting job. Then you said he never made a start on a Friday night. As usual, when proven wrong, you tried to change the argument, and threw in a qualifier. Likewise I never called him a two way stud. OSU did. Their coach has repeatedly done so by using him as a DH. He won some award for being one of the best two way players, do OSU, his coach and Baseball America all say the things you attribute to me (thanks!) yet you keep telling us the guy is smoke and mirrors. It's so funny to watch you back pedal time after time after time.

Good night, Gracie.
That's truly pathetic. You did say he was their Friday night starter. I didn't put a qualifier in. You just weren't big enough to admit you were wrong. his own coach said he was a pitcher and that's where he needed to focus. He only hit .200 in conference play. he did play both ways so they listed him as that when they named him to the conference team. I never said he was smoke and mirrors. I said he's not a two way stud and he clearly isn't. I said he would have been our number three weekend starter. I also pointed out correctly that his numbers aren't as good as they look as he pitched against midweek competition and I also said correctly that when he faced top competition he didn't fare well. Thus he wouldn't have been out=r number 1 or 2. I'll pedal forward while you try and squirm your way out of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:23 am Has yet to beat a team that made a Regional. Hit around tonight by UCSB. Gave up 10 hits and 8 runs. Clearly not the step on campus two way stud that some here claimed.
His bio from his (pandemic shortened) 2020 season:
2020: Productive two-way player who made four starts on the mound and also appeared offensively in 10 games, including six as the starting DH … earned Freshman All-America honors from Collegiate Baseball … was in the weekend starting rotation the entire season … had four multiple-hit games … struck out four in three innings in collegiate debut at Grand Canyon (2/16) … was 3-for-3 with a home run and three RBIs in his first collegiate appearance in the batting lineup vs. UT Rio Grande Valley (2/21) … had a career day on the mound in the series-clinching win against BYU (3/6), working eight shutout innings and recording nine strikeouts, both career highs, while allowing only three hits and not issuing a walk … earned Big 12 Newcomer of the Week honors on March 9 following a week in which he also had four hits, including an RBI double, and three walks in 11 at-bats … hit safely in five of his last six games in the lineup … tied a career high with three RBIs in series finale vs. Saint Louis (3/11).

And not for nothing, but his team is playing in the post season. Tulane is not. I bet dollars to dimes had the admissions dept not Tulane'd us with Campbell that Tulane would be in the tournament. His stats against better competition are favorable to any Tulane starter. I'd take 7-2 with a 2.57 era (AFTER getting hit around for 6 innings yesterday) over 6-3 with a 3.78 era any day of the week, twice on Sundays. He was OSU's Friday starter, he would have been ours despite being 2 years younger than Olthoff.

I'll repeat: we were Tulane'd by our Admissions Dept. Self inflicted wounds continue to haunt Tulane. This kid would have been our ace.
Profoundwizard
Swell

McWave wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:07 pm So it’s not TJ’s fault we lose. It’s the TU Admin. If TU would’ve allowed Campbell in we’d be in a regional. Then can we stop blaming TJ.
That’s quite a leap. There are scholarship implications. If Campbell makes it to Tulane, someone else currently on the team likely doesn’t.

Jewett and Dannen both have earned criticism
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:18 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:57 pm I don't recall calling him their Friday night starter, I said he would be fighting for our Friday night starting job. Then you said he never made a start on a Friday night. As usual, when proven wrong, you tried to change the argument, and threw in a qualifier. Likewise I never called him a two way stud. OSU did. Their coach has repeatedly done so by using him as a DH. He won some award for being one of the best two way players, do OSU, his coach and Baseball America all say the things you attribute to me (thanks!) yet you keep telling us the guy is smoke and mirrors. It's so funny to watch you back pedal time after time after time.

Good night, Gracie.
That's truly pathetic. You did say he was their Friday night starter. I didn't put a qualifier in. You just weren't big enough to admit you were wrong. his own coach said he was a pitcher and that's where he needed to focus. He only hit .200 in conference play. he did play both ways so they listed him as that when they named him to the conference team. I never said he was smoke and mirrors. I said he's not a two way stud and he clearly isn't. I said he would have been our number three weekend starter. I also pointed out correctly that his numbers aren't as good as they look as he pitched against midweek competition and I also said correctly that when he faced top competition he didn't fare well. Thus he wouldn't have been out=r number 1 or 2. I'll pedal forward while you try and squirm your way out of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He started 9 B12 games, 8 weekend and one in the conference tourney. This is a legit argument you bring up “Thus he wouldn't have been out=r number 1 or 2”. Even if true (debatable) what the hell are you talking about. He would easily be the best #3 in the AAC. The kid threw a no hitter against a team ranked higher in RPI than Tulane.
Even an average two way player is gold for Tulane’s current scholarship position, never-mind a freshman all B12.
Stop just stop. Please hold onto some credibility. I beg u, stop. Just don’t post. You made your “point”. It’s over. Literally not a single person on this site agrees with you, so you are just insulting everyone at this point or need to find a new Tulane sports fansite to get your point across.
So just stand in the mirror and pat yourself on the back and stfu here. Good grief
Profoundwizard
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:30 pm

Good night, Gracie.
He started 9 B12 games, 8 weekend and one in the conference tourney. This is a legit argument you bring up “Thus he wouldn't have been out=r number 1 or 2”. Even if true (debatable) what the hell are you talking about. He would easily be the best #3 in the AAC. The kid threw a no hitter against a team ranked higher in RPI than Tulane.
Even an average two way player is gold for Tulane’s current scholarship position, never-mind a freshman all B12.
Stop just stop. Please hold onto some credibility. I beg u, stop. Just don’t post. You made your “point”. It’s over. Literally not a single person on this site agrees with you, so you are just insulting everyone at this point or need to find a new Tulane sports fansite to get your point across.
So just stand in the mirror and pat yourself on the back and stfu here. Good grief
:!:
Show Me
Tsunami

Good night, Gracie.
MBA is 100% correct. Winwave has backed himself in a corner and won’t admit he’s wrong. Campbell should be at Tulane and we would probably be playing this weekend if he were.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:45 pm

:!:
You people are truly pathetic. So he started 8 conf. games. So what He feasted on the lesser teams and got knocked around by the good ones. Someone rated higher than Tulane. Seriously? That team finished last in the conference. What a joke. 0-2, 7.50 ERA against the quality teams . He hit .200 in conference. He's no two way player. I've seen two way players- Aubrey, Bogusevic and Owings. He's not a pimple on their ass. What an embarrassment you are. I've broken down his numbers and made it clear what BS some here tried to sell. Olthoff and Aldrich both did better against a top 5 team than he's come close to. Give it up and stop embarrassing yourselves and the site.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:22 pm

MBA is 100% correct. Winwave has backed himself in a corner and won’t admit he’s wrong. Campbell should be at Tulane and we would probably be playing this weekend if he were.
Wrong as usual. We wouldn't be in a Regional with him. 0-2, 7.50. .200.
Profoundwizard
Swell

When you just pick the games that a guy performed poorly in, you can make anyone look bad. I could pick a few games that make Olthoff and Aldrich look bad too.

Unfortunately A .200 batting average is often not even the worst average in the Tulane lineup
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:51 pm
When you just pick the games that a guy performed poorly in, you can make anyone look bad. I could pick a few games that make Olthoff and Aldrich look bad too.

Unfortunately A .200 batting average is often not even the worst average in the Tulane lineup
The numbers speak for themselves. He didn't do well against anybody of note. Olthoff and Aldrich did well against a top 5 team. He's no comparison to Aubrey, Bogusevic and Owings. Ridiculous to claim he is.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:14 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:51 pm

The numbers speak for themselves. He didn't do well against anybody of note. Olthoff and Aldrich did well against a top 5 team. He's no comparison to Aubrey, Bogusevic and Owings. Ridiculous to claim he is.
I never said that he was close to those guys, so....

They did well against Mississippi State, cool. They also had bad games against worse teams. Picking out a couple of baseball games is not indicative of much. Need a larger sample size