Justin Campbell denied Admission

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:39 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:23 pm The subject is he's no super stud. You're an enabler. Now TJ is getting a long extension and a big raise. Thanks a lot.
No, the subject was whether or not Tulane admits student athletes with the same criteria as other D1 programs. Clearly Justin Campbell is a prime example that this is a fact. Once that argument was lost, you changed what you're arguing. Nobody claimed that they knew the reason why he wasn't admitted, only that it's a sign, once again, of Tulane fans getting Tulane'd.
Never changed the subject. The reason clearly matters. Unless of course you want to stop to LSU levels of overlooking things.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:36 am One thing is certain: we’re GoTula.netting the living hell out of this topic.
God Bless Everyone!
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:30 pm
Show Me wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:35 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:23 pm The subject is he's no super stud. You're an enabler. Now TJ is getting a long extension and a big raise. Thanks a lot.
Not at all. I just want Tulane to win and get the same opportunity to get kids in as other D1’s. That did not happen here.
Enabler. Giving the staff excuses. We do get kids in like other D-1's. As far as what happened here we don't know and the reason does matter.
Not enabling. No excuse I want to win. Getting kids rejected others can admit is a problem. Sorry you disagree just to argue here. No one else supports the admissions over coaches but you.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You are enabling. Making excuses for the coaches. He's no two way stud. More importantly no one knows the reason. If this was widespread you'd have something. But it's one player. Others see the red flag. You choose to ignore it. That's on you.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

The problem isn’t the admissions committee, it’s Jewett’s coaching. He’s isn’t doing what he needs to succeed.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:28 pm You are enabling. Making excuses for the coaches. He's no two way stud. More importantly no one knows the reason. If this was widespread you'd have something. But it's one player. Others see the red flag. You choose to ignore it. That's on you.
Had he gone to a JC I’d be silent. But he didn’t. And obviously Guerry put that no hitter info out there to rub it in the admissions face.
Tulane’d again
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Only in your dreams did he put it out there to spite admissions. Like everyone else he doesn’t know the reason.
Last edited by winwave on Thu May 13, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:24 pm Only in your dreams did d he said it it out there to spite admissions. Like everyone else he doesn’t know the reason.
So OSU is a cutting corners for athlete’s?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:16 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:24 pm Only in your dreams did d he said it it out there to spite admissions. Like everyone else he doesn’t know the reason.
Shocking.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:10 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:16 pm
Shocking.
Shocking you went back and edited about 3-4 of your replies to edit your lies.
The reply you had Bennet Lee the top recruit in Campbell’s was wrong. He was in the 2020 Class. Campbell was in the 2019 class.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. The only edits I made were for misspellings. As to them being in different classes you're right. I was wrong about them being in the same class. He was so inconsequential last year that we didn't hear about him. So much for being a super stud two way player.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:01 am LOL. The only edits I made were for misspellings. As to them being in different classes you're right. I was wrong about them being in the same class. He was so inconsequential last year that we didn't hear about him. So much for being a super stud two way player.
You didn’t hear about him last season because Covid killed the season way early for everyone. Another weak attempt to continue to argue.
nawlinspete
Riptide

No more about this guy unless he enters the transfer portal and comes here .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:22 am
winwave wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:01 am LOL. The only edits I made were for misspellings. As to them being in different classes you're right. I was wrong about them being in the same class. He was so inconsequential last year that we didn't hear about him. So much for being a super stud two way player.
You didn’t hear about him last season because Covid killed the season way early for everyone. Another weak attempt to continue to argue.
Like I said he's not the super stud two way player you tried to BS everyone into believing he is.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:50 am No more about this guy unless he enters the transfer portal and comes here .
I wish Tulane admissions would enter the Transfer Portal.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:02 am Like I said he's not the super stud two way player you tried to BS everyone into believing he is.
But he was admitted, easily, to OSU, proving that Tulane isn't on the same playing field from an admissions standpoint as the rest of D1. That's what everyone in this thread has referred to when discussing Tulane fans getting Tulane'd by our administration. Once again, whether it's on the playing fields or in Gibson Hall, Tulane is its' own worst enemy. How far would that no-no have gone had it been pitched in a Green Wave uniform against ECU? Tulane'd again.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:33 am
winwave wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:02 am Like I said he's not the super stud two way player you tried to BS everyone into believing he is.
But he was admitted, easily, to OSU, proving that Tulane isn't on the same playing field from an admissions standpoint as the rest of D1. That's what everyone in this thread has referred to when discussing Tulane fans getting Tulane'd by our administration. Once again, whether it's on the playing fields or in Gibson Hall, Tulane is its' own worst enemy. How far would that no-no have gone had it been pitched in a Green Wave uniform against ECU? Tulane'd again.
Again we don’t know the reason. As to his no-no that’s against Kansas. When he’s faced quality teams, which ECU is, he hasn’t fared well.
Show Me
Tsunami

Nobody’s claiming to know why. That’s not what’s being discussed other than by you. He got in another D1 so Tulane admissions Tulane’d us again.
Your straw argument is not going to influence or change anything Tulane had done here.
Pepper
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:30 am
nawlinspete wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:50 am No more about this guy unless he enters the transfer portal and comes here .
I wish Tulane admissions would enter the Transfer Portal.
Winner!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:52 am
But he was admitted, IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE, to OSU, proving that Tulane isn't on the same playing field from an admissions standpoint as the rest of D1. That's what everyone in this thread has referred to when discussing Tulane fans getting Tulane'd by our administration. Once again, whether it's on the playing fields or in Gibson Hall, Tulane is its' own worst enemy. How far would that no-no have gone had it been pitched in a Green Wave uniform against ECU? Tulane'd again.
Again we don’t know the reason. As to his no-no that’s against Kansas. When he’s faced quality teams, which ECU is, he hasn’t fared well.
Again, the reason DOES NOT MATTER when discussing whether or not our admissions are on equal footing with other D1 schools. OSU admitting him proved we're not. PERIOD. It may be the Admissions Dept had a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all for not admitting him. It's meaningless to the argument of whether we're on the same footing admissions wise as the rest of D1. OSU proved we are not and did so definitively.

Campbell has stats very similar to Olthoff against better competition. Actually he has a stat that blows away Olthoff: He was drafted, in the 18th round, in 2018. Olthoff was passed up each and every time he was draft eligible. As far as being a two way stud goes, he certainly was that last year, earning Big 12 newcomer of the week multiple times, and being part of their weekend rotation all season. This year he's focussed more on pitching and is ONLY hitting .250. He's given up 17 earned runs in 11 starts. His team has won 7 of those 11, he's 5-1.

Win, you lost the argument about admissions, now you're losing it about how good of a player the young man is. Give it up. Let it go. Don't keep forcing us to degrade our own players because this kid somehow became tarnished in your brain.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:42 am Nobody’s claiming to know why. That’s not what’s being discussed other than by you. He got in another D1 so Tulane admissions Tulane’d us again.
Your straw argument is not going to influence or change anything Tulane had done here.
The reason matters and others recognize it. Also important is that this is not a a widespread issue. Used to be but things changed a decade ago.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:29 pm
winwave wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:52 am

But he was admitted, IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE, to OSU, proving that Tulane isn't on the same playing field from an admissions standpoint as the rest of D1. That's what everyone in this thread has referred to when discussing Tulane fans getting Tulane'd by our administration. Once again, whether it's on the playing fields or in Gibson Hall, Tulane is its' own worst enemy. How far would that no-no have gone had it been pitched in a Green Wave uniform against ECU? Tulane'd again.
Again, the reason DOES NOT MATTER when discussing whether or not our admissions are on equal footing with other D1 schools. OSU admitting him proved we're not. PERIOD. It may be the Admissions Dept had a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all for not admitting him. It's meaningless to the argument of whether we're on the same footing admissions wise as the rest of D1. OSU proved we are not and did so definitively.

Campbell has stats very similar to Olthoff against better competition. Actually he has a stat that blows away Olthoff: He was drafted, in the 18th round, in 2018. Olthoff was passed up each and every time he was draft eligible. As far as being a two way stud goes, he certainly was that last year, earning Big 12 newcomer of the week multiple times, and being part of their weekend rotation all season. This year he's focussed more on pitching and is ONLY hitting .250. He's given up 17 earned runs in 11 starts. His team has won 7 of those 11, he's 5-1.

Win, you lost the argument about admissions, now you're losing it about how good of a player the young man is. Give it up. Let it go. Don't keep forcing us to degrade our own players because this kid somehow became tarnished in your brain.
D- I haven’t lost the argument. The reason of course matters. Others see it too. You and others can try and deny it all you want but it is the crux of the matter.

As to Campbell he’s not a super stud two way player that some here claimed in an attempt to infuriate people. He’s 5-1 with no wins against quality teams. He’s not batting much because his coach has recognized he’s not a hitter at this level. He still has time to develop into a good pitcher and so that may happen. But no he’s not a super stud two player. Not close.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Again, I ask these questions, win: 1. Did he get admitted to Tulane? 2. Did he get admitted to OSU?

The answers to those two questions end the argument about whether or not Tulane is on the same footing admissions wise as other D1 athletics programs.

As far as how good the young man is, professional scouts have told us he's better than Olthoff. Enough said by people that know a whole lot more about baseball talent than we do.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

D- that’s just simpleton thinking. Surprised to see you go there. The reason matters. Like I said this is not some widespread issue. Much ado about nothing.

Not comparing him to Olthoff. No one said he was a two super stud. Campbell’s not .
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:54 pm D- that’s just simpleton thinking. Surprised to see you go there. The reason matters. Like I said this is not some widespread issue. Much ado about nothing.

Not comparing him to Olthoff. No one said he was a two super stud. Campbell’s not .
This is hilarious. You first brought up the term “super stud” I said two way player. But I played along once you went the stud route. Like D and everyone else on this topic there’s still a difference between Tulane and other D1’s when it comes to admissions. And yes we don’t know why but we do know there is a difference. We can explain this all day but we can’t understand it for you I see.
Last edited by Show Me on Sat May 15, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.