Justin Campbell denied Admission

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Once again there is more to admissions than academics. No one here has any proof that it was academics that kept him out. Just look at all of our rosters and see all the transfers we have been taking in. Those scores cited by that writer are for the general student body. They don't apply to student-athletes. They just need to meet NCAA minimums.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:50 am Once again there is more to admissions than academics. No one here has any proof that it was academics that kept him out. Just look at all of our rosters and see all the transfers we have been taking in. Those scores cited by that writer are for the general student body. They don't apply to student-athletes. They just need to meet NCAA minimums.
The proof is he wanted to go how come he was denied and was immediately accepted at OSU? Tulane’d for a new reason then. Just let us know what other unknown roadblocks put up against athletes. This kid was the top recruit in his class and was denied admission. That’s the bottom line.
You think Paul Mainieri gets denied here? Bogus.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As I posted you don't know that it was academics.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:15 am As I posted you don't know that it was academics.
Then what was it?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That’s the question. That writer doesn’t know as he cites academic standards that don’t apply to our athletes.
Show Me
Tsunami

Just saw Guerry mention this.
Congrats on your no hitter Justin
Tulane’d again!
https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma- ... 165204810/
Oklahoma State’s Justin Campbell made history as the ninth pitcher in program history to throw a no-hitter, and the 20th-ranked Cowboys clinched a series win at Kansas for the first time in more than a decade with a 19-0 win Saturday at Hoglund Ballpark.
Campbell’s performance saw him strike out 11 and surrender one walk, that coming with one out in the eighth inning and being all that stood between the right-hander and a perfect game, as the second-year freshman improved to 5-1 on the season with the 99-pitch outing.
Wave QB
Swell

Tulane is a different type of place man. I keep trying to tell my friend Winwave this.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We just got a commit from a football player with a score of 20 on the ACT. Once again no one here as any knowledge of the actual issue. There is more to admissions than the academic part. The writer from Oklahoma showed his lack of knowledge by claiming the player needed a 30 to get in Tulane. We are getting in all kinds of transfers from JC's and lower level academic schools. Things aren't perfect but they are better. Facilities are what we lack to really move up the ladder athletically.
Last edited by winwave on Tue May 11, 2021 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:13 pm We just got a commit from a football player with a score of 20 on the ACT. Once again no one here as any knowledge of the actual issue. There is more to admissions than the academic part. The writer from Oklahoma showed his lack of knowledge by claiming the player needed a 30 to get in Tulane. We are getting in all kinds of transfers from JC's and lower level academic schools. Things aren't perfect but they are better. Facilities are what we lack to really move up the ladder academically.
Sure we know what happened. We got Tulane’d again. Doesn’t matter what happened he was denied here and welcomed at OSU and is a major impact two way player. Same ole Tulame admissions.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's not the same admissions. Like I said you nor anyone else knows what kept him out. Yet we now get all kinds of transfers we had difficulties getting in in the past. The old admissions people that harmed athletics for decades have moved on. Athletics is clearly treated much better with the new admissions people.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:13 pm We just got a commit from a football player with a score of 20 on the ACT. Once again no one here as any knowledge of the actual issue. There is more to admissions than the academic part. The writer from Oklahoma showed his lack of knowledge by claiming the player needed a 30 to get in Tulane. We are getting in all kinds of transfers from JC's and lower level academic schools. Things aren't perfect but they are better. Facilities are what we lack to really move up the ladder academically.
+1

Maybe it was pure academics (unlikely) or maybe there were red flags. We don’t know, but I agree things have gotten much better and will give the benefit of the doubt to the people who actually know what happened.
Show Me
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:47 pm
+1

Maybe it was pure academics (unlikely) or maybe there were red flags. We don’t know, but I agree things have gotten much better and will give the benefit of the doubt to the people who actually know what happened.
You proved my point. Tulane Athletics is not on a level playing field when it comes to admissions. Otherwise he’d be accepted just like he was at OSU. Doesn’t matter why.
How is it better that our best baseball recruit was not admitted but was instantly admitted to OSU?
I can explain it to you but can’t understand it for you.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:20 am
+1

You proved my point. Tulane Athletics is not on a level playing field when it comes to admissions. Otherwise he’d be accepted just like he was at OSU. Doesn’t matter why.
How is it better that our best baseball recruit was not admitted but was instantly admitted to OSU?
Like I said you nor anyone else here knows the reason. What if he's an abuser? You want to be like LSU? I can't help you when you don't know what you don't know.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:47 am

+1

Like I said you nor anyone else here knows the reason. What if he's an abuser? You want to be like LSU? I can't help you when you don't know what you don't know.
Please. We accepted a convicted murderer. Try again.
Barstool got it right.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:08 am
Barstool got it right.
Hell, I would have settled for accidental manslaughter, I wonda if Derek Chauvin will have any elegibility left, and can he throw the "slider"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:08 am
Barstool got it right.
Nice try but that was a different administration. People lost jobs over that debacle. Like I said you don't know what you don't know.
Show Me
Tsunami

I do know he didn’t get in. The “why” he wasn’t admitted doesn’t matter. If we were on a level field he’d been in our dugout and not someP5 school. He’d be two-way stud here instead of at OSU. Obviously someone fed that to Guerry to post. I can’t blame our coaches when they are trying to compete and still have to overcome some baseball unfriendly Tulane admission BS.
Like I said earlier we got Tulane’d again.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not Tulaned here. The reason does matter unless like I said you don't care if someone is an abuser.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:18 am Not Tulaned here. The reason does matter unless like I said you don't care if someone is an abuser.
Your out of line implying that he’s an abuser. You better have facts if you’re going public with that implication. I’ll send this link to his parents.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

To whatever extent our admissions policy has become more flexible for our athletic program--it's obviously not enough. There is no way Justin Campbell should not have been admitted, as he qualified at another D1 school. Nobody on this board knows "why" he was not admitted, and we really don't need to know "why"--clearly our admission requirements are still different than Oklahoma State's. Given that most Okies are conservative in nature and respectful of laws and morals, I doubt Justin Campbell is an abuser of any kind. Okla. St. needed him far less than we did, and they didn't see any flaws worthy of denying him admission. We have definitely been Tulaned again.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:28 am
winwave wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:18 am Not Tulaned here. The reason does matter unless like I said you don't care if someone is an abuser.
Your out of line implying that he’s an abuser. You better have facts if you’re going public with that implication. I’ll send this link to his parents.
LOL. I clearly used the word"if". Learn to read.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Different schools have different risk tolerances. Tulane does value their academic record and public image More so then LSU who doesn’t care if their students fail out, can read a book or commit sexual assault (or worse). . . As long as they win. Just using Tulane football as an an example- Willie has run a very tight football program with very few transfers, very few kids failing out and very few off the field issues. Fritz also does extra due diligence on transfers and jucos. We won’t accept the same guys that USM and Kansas accepts, they have to actually be willing to go to class. We do know that the texas tech qb transfer Duffy was weeded out by a thorough background check.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:13 am
Show Me wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:28 am
LOL. I clearly used the word"if". Learn to read.
You learn to read I said “implied”. Why even go down that road? I know you’re desperate to be right. But if he got in somewhere else then we are not yet even with others. I can only explain it to you I can understand it for you. Had he gone to a JC I’d agree. But he’s at a D1 and having tremendous success. He should be in our uni. That’s all I’m trying to say. Things may be better but they are still not even. And that from a bar was so low before.
Show Me
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:40 am Different schools have different risk tolerances. Tulane does value their academic record and public image More so then LSU who doesn’t care if their students fail out, can read a book or commit sexual assault (or worse). . . As long as they win. Just using Tulane football as an an example- Willie has run a very tight football program with very few transfers, very few kids failing out and very few off the field issues. Fritz also does extra due diligence on transfers and jucos. We won’t accept the same guys that USM and Kansas accepts, they have to actually be willing to go to class. We do know that the texas tech qb transfer Duffy was weeded out by a thorough background check.
That’s correct. We may not accept kids that can get into OSU, Memphis, Kansas, SMU and others. That’s fine but needs to be pointed out.
Show Me
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:58 am To whatever extent our admissions policy has become more flexible for our athletic program--it's obviously not enough. There is no way Justin Campbell should not have been admitted, as he qualified at another D1 school. Nobody on this board knows "why" he was not admitted, and we really don't need to know "why"--clearly our admission requirements are still different than Oklahoma State's. Given that most Okies are conservative in nature and respectful of laws and morals, I doubt Justin Campbell is an abuser of any kind. Okla. St. needed him far less than we did, and they didn't see any flaws worthy of denying him admission. We have definitely been Tulaned again.
Exactly
Tulane’d again. We did it to ourself.