Jonathan "Adam" Chaney - 3* ILB Commits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Offers from LSU, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Duke...

Rivals has him as 3*:
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... -interests
https://twitter.com/j_adam_chaney/statu ... 4205424640

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Great pickup! Just hope he stays committed.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:31 pm Great pickup! Just hope he stays committed.
+1
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

But the hillbilly upriver said we’d never have any guys that could make their squad. . . Roll wave great pick up !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Look at the other schools he had on his list. Obviously academics means something to him, with Ole Miss, Duke and Vandy. Guess that's why he chose us over the football factory upriver.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
AugWave
Swell

Nice pickup. Let's keep it goin...
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Welcome aboard. Looks like a good one.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IF we can hold onto our early commits, this is shaping up to be one hell of a class. They'll probably be marked down for picking a mid-G5, but most of our early commits have offers from an impressive list of P5 schools. Fritz has certainly upgraded the recruiting target zone.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

If he truly runs a 4.34 forty, not sure we’ll get him on the dotted line.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:37 pm Look at the other schools he had on his list. Obviously academics means something to him, with Ole Miss, Duke and Vandy. Guess that's why he chose us over the football factory upriver.
Agreed. That's one of the best written commitment tweets I've seen in a long time. No spelling errors, no grammatical errors, doesn't say he's committed to University of Tulane. REALLY hope we keep this one!

Roll Fritz Wave!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

There was some BS lsu article about them focusing on him with a photo of the inbred hillbilly coach from upriver. It was behind a pay wall, but interesting they were “focusing” on a 3 star.

I hope he signs, but even if he doesnt we are getting many many great verbals right now. JUST WIN and it will take care of itself. I guarantee beating any of auburn/ucf/houston/Memphis will help.
McWave
High Tide

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:37 pm Look at the other schools he had on his list. Obviously academics means something to him, with Ole Miss, Duke and Vandy. Guess that's why he chose us over the football factory upriver.
Ole miss ranks below LSU in academics according to US News (154 vs 140). I only point this out because I continually hear (locally - gulf coast) how good the ole miss academics are. They are not. In fact, according to US News, LSU is better. Duke and Vandy absolutely great academics.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:10 am I hope he signs, but even if he doesnt we are getting many many great verbals right now. JUST WIN and it will take care of itself.
This.
Roll Wave!
galvezwave
Swell

The vibe surrounding the football program right now is almost palpable. It’s crazy. I remember just at mid season I was doubting WF . Then the switch to McMillan, minor bowl win , new OC and now the recruiting quality upgrade . There is a real chance of making huge strides as a program this fall. Please let it happen
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

galvezwave wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:34 am The vibe surrounding the football program right now is almost palpable. It’s crazy. I remember just at mid season I was doubting WF . Then the switch to McMillan, minor bowl win , new OC and now the recruiting quality upgrade . There is a real chance of making huge strides as a program this fall. Please let it happen
I want to believe this so bad. I feel it. I think it. But ugh, I just can't make myself think anything until the season starts. Because, you know, Tulane.
Roll Wave!
galvezwave
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:35 am
galvezwave wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:34 am The vibe surrounding the football program right now is almost palpable. It’s crazy. I remember just at mid season I was doubting WF . Then the switch to McMillan, minor bowl win , new OC and now the recruiting quality upgrade . There is a real chance of making huge strides as a program this fall. Please let it happen
I want to believe this so bad. I feel it. I think it. But ugh, I just can't make myself think anything until the season starts. Because, you know, Tulane.
I know , right
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

McWave wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:50 am
Ole miss ranks below LSU in academics according to US News (154 vs 140). I only point this out because I continually hear (locally - gulf coast) how good the ole miss academics are. They are not. In fact, according to US News, LSU is better. Duke and Vandy absolutely great academics.
Maybe they're referring to grad programs ?
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:53 am
Ole Miss' academics are poor across the board (aside from Pharmacy).
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

The same goes for bball as I absolutely love what Hunter was able to accomplish after getting such a late start. He also has said all the right things but I am trying to temper my excitement for fear of being let down.
galvezwave
Swell

Agree about Hunter. I just think that while he has some nice new pieces, there’s still some road to travel. And it’s only fair in year 1 following the worst season in school history , arguably.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

After what we’ve been through in basketball he’ll be given ample time. It’s nice to be looking forward to the season though.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:09 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:53 am
Ole Miss' academics are poor across the board (aside from Pharmacy).
I think Ole Miss ranks number 24 nationally in RX drug culture
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Hey im always down to come together to crap on sec academics (minus vandy obviously). Ill bring the dip
HoustonWave
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:40 am
I know , right
We all know. Tulane has a knack for fumbling any positive momentum. Hopefully Fitts and Dannen will know how to successfully navigate our programs through the current improvements and future opportunities.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana