2020 football recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9514
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:44 pm

We should land 90% or more of our recruiting class on the early signing day, as that's the way it's gone the first two years of having the early signing day. Until they send their signed LOI's, they're not yet ours!

We should all welcome the talented recruits this staff has been working on and hope the rest of the class stays intact.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Pepper
Surge
Posts: 787
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Tuggle has gotten some pretty good offers as of late. Cant blame him.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bicoastalwave
Swell
Posts: 1544
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:30 pm

Cancel the apocalypse boys ! FTW is reporting Tuggle has flipped back and we have landed new recruits ! This is a positivity stream/chain.
Jaxwave
Swell
Posts: 1202
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:48 pm

James is a big loss. We need all the DL we can get. Losing one with experience hurts.
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 2926
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:00 pm

Bicoastalwave wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:30 pm
Cancel the apocalypse boys ! FTW is reporting Tuggle has flipped back and we have landed new recruits ! This is a positivity stream/chain.
That is great news. 24 hours to get over the hump.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:58 am

DfromCT wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:44 pm
We should land 90% or more of our recruiting class on the early signing day, as that's the way it's gone the first two years of having the early signing day. Until they send their signed LOI's, they're not yet ours!

We should all welcome the talented recruits this staff has been working on and hope the rest of the class stays intact.
They're not "ours" until they arrive on campus and enroll. A LOI is just an LOI.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:03 am

ajcalhoun wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:04 pm
HoustonWave wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:21 am
Any 3 star recruit who opts for a P5 parasite over an AAC school is assured of two things. First, playing time will likely be harder to come by, and two, he will be signing up to be hammered by the P5 factories for the next four years—enjoy.
So you're trying to recruit a kid by telling him he isn't good enough to compete with the best? Got it. Good luck with that.
+1
anEngineer
Surge
Posts: 755
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:06 am

wave97 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:58 am
DfromCT wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:44 pm
We should land 90% or more of our recruiting class on the early signing day, as that's the way it's gone the first two years of having the early signing day. Until they send their signed LOI's, they're not yet ours!

We should all welcome the talented recruits this staff has been working on and hope the rest of the class stays intact.
They're not "ours" until they arrive on campus and enroll. A LOI is just an LOI.
That is a REAL reach of pessimism. Thanks for the absurd opinion. Once they sign the LOI they definitely aren't playing major college football anywhere else next year.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:40 am

anEngineer wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:06 am
wave97 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:58 am
DfromCT wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:44 pm
We should land 90% or more of our recruiting class on the early signing day, as that's the way it's gone the first two years of having the early signing day. Until they send their signed LOI's, they're not yet ours!

We should all welcome the talented recruits this staff has been working on and hope the rest of the class stays intact.
They're not "ours" until they arrive on campus and enroll. A LOI is just an LOI.
That is a REAL reach of pessimism. Thanks for the absurd opinion. Once they sign the LOI they definitely aren't playing major college football anywhere else next year.
Not true.
Bicoastalwave
Swell
Posts: 1544
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:01 pm

Very excited about the class and finished strong. We’re in the top 3-4 of the AAC and Probably top 5 in G5. I think we are forgetting how big this is. We wanted to hold onto the class, we wanted depth, we want to build a program. . . We did that.

Life is good. Coach isn’t going anywhere. Next year and beyond Tulane is set up for sustained winning. Roll wave
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9514
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:47 am

KJ Costello, QB, Stanford has entered the Transfer Portal.

From CBS Sports:
Costello, a rising senior, will be classified as a graduate transfer and eligible immediately according to NCAA rules. Costello was the starting quarterback for the Cardinal for the latter half of the 2017 season, the entire 2018 season and for five games during the 2019 season as he battled through multiple injuries. His best season came as a sophomore when he threw for 3,540 yards, 29 touchdowns and 11 interceptions for a Cardinal team that finished the campaign 9-4.

The 2019 season got off to a strong start for Costello when he competed 16 of 20 passes for 152 yards and one touchdown in the first half of a win over Northwestern. But a gruesome helmet-to-helmet hit knocked him out of the game and he was absent in the loss to USC one week later. Junior Davis Mills, a five-star prospect in the Class of 2017, started in his place. He came back in losses to UCF and Oregon but injured his hand against the Ducks and missed the next three games. Costello returned in the win over Arizona on Oct. 26 but was knocked out of the loss to Colorado the following week after another vicious hit which ended his season.
At the very least, I hope we make the phone call to see if he'd like a year in New Orleans. He could provide additional leadership and has done more, at a MUCH higher level than K. Howard. He will be a hot commodity, but we have no shot if we don't try!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:05 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:47 am
KJ Costello, QB, Stanford has entered the Transfer Portal.

From CBS Sports:
Costello, a rising senior, will be classified as a graduate transfer and eligible immediately according to NCAA rules. Costello was the starting quarterback for the Cardinal for the latter half of the 2017 season, the entire 2018 season and for five games during the 2019 season as he battled through multiple injuries. His best season came as a sophomore when he threw for 3,540 yards, 29 touchdowns and 11 interceptions for a Cardinal team that finished the campaign 9-4.

The 2019 season got off to a strong start for Costello when he competed 16 of 20 passes for 152 yards and one touchdown in the first half of a win over Northwestern. But a gruesome helmet-to-helmet hit knocked him out of the game and he was absent in the loss to USC one week later. Junior Davis Mills, a five-star prospect in the Class of 2017, started in his place. He came back in losses to UCF and Oregon but injured his hand against the Ducks and missed the next three games. Costello returned in the win over Arizona on Oct. 26 but was knocked out of the loss to Colorado the following week after another vicious hit which ended his season.
At the very least, I hope we make the phone call to see if he'd like a year in New Orleans. He could provide additional leadership and has done more, at a MUCH higher level than K. Howard. He will be a hot commodity, but we have no shot if we don't try!
If we're dreaming in fantasyland, let's get Justin Rogers from TCU. He's a native from the boot and turned down LSU.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9514
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:23 pm

BTW: Does anyone know what happened to a recruit from Rummel named "Pig" Cage? He took an official visit mid-season, and I couldn't find where he signed anywhere. He was widely recruited to programs such as UL-M, USM, Liberty, etc. But he certainly has an all-American name!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 7568
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:56 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:23 pm
BTW: Does anyone know what happened to a recruit from Rummel named "Pig" Cage? He took an official visit mid-season, and I couldn't find where he signed anywhere. He was widely recruited to programs such as UL-M, USM, Liberty, etc. But he certainly has an all-American name!
247 still has him listed as unsigned. I looked at his offers and he doesn't have anything better than us, that's for sure. USM, UL-M, etc.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 7568
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:10 pm

Here's a new name at QB in the transfer portal. Jamie Newman of Wake Forest. He would be a grad transfer. IIRC, he's more of a run first QB, although he did have 26 TD passes this year.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... d-transfer
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
anEngineer
Surge
Posts: 755
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:15 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:10 pm
Here's a new name at QB in the transfer portal. Jamie Newman of Wake Forest. He would be a grad transfer. IIRC, he's more of a run first QB, although he did have 26 TD passes this year.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... d-transfer
Sounds like he is looking for a place with a more pro-style offense than Wake..
Bicoastalwave
Swell
Posts: 1544
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:14 pm



Looks like we flipped him from houston ! He also had an Ole Miss & Memphis offer. He is our 5th highest rated player from 2020 according to 247.
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bicoastalwave
Swell
Posts: 1544
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:24 pm

This from a go coogs article:

“OUT: Hahnville, Louisiana, DL Adonis Friloux has committed to Tulane. Some believed Friloux was still committed to the Coogs until this week but that would have been a generous application of the word “commit.” One staff member thought he’d been wavering while another says he was likely out when he decided not to sign in December.
Friloux visited Tulane over the weekend and chose the Greenies. Tulane is 30 miles from his hometown of Boutte.“
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9514
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:09 pm

WOW!

This is turning into one hell of a great class. Between the Grad Transfers and the late signings (assuming Friloux and the others sign) and the HS signees, the 2020 roster will be significantly more talented than we've had in a long, long time. It will have a lot of first time players in the Fritz/Hall/Curtis systems, but it won't be short on talent.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 2926
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:41 pm

Awesome!! Fritz just keeps stocking the cabinets. After all the confirmed transfers and delayed high school signings, how many more available spots do we have left?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10142
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:34 pm

if we coild get the two DL's for UT...it would be quite the haul
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Swell
Posts: 1544
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:38 pm

I believe we are down to two spots ! Trey Tuggle may be one, and I assume Elijah Champaigne is an odd man out as we hold open a spot for a QB or Another impact grad transfer.

Sucks we missed out on TCU’s QB Rodgers transfer
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bicoastalwave
Swell
Posts: 1544
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:08 pm

https://crescentcitysports.com/recruiti ... to-tulane/

Solid article. This guy is a physical BEAST. He gave his word to Fritz, apparently it’s a done deal.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9514
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:13 pm

Bicoastalwave wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:08 pm
https://crescentcitysports.com/recruiti ... to-tulane/

Solid article. This guy is a physical BEAST. He gave his word to Fritz, apparently it’s a done deal.
Another great recruit. I'm very happy to have a highly rated HS recruit for the D-line, rather than a one and done grad transfer. This class is really "making Waves", and should do a lot of damage in the first half of the 2020's.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9514
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:52 am

We weren't (to my knowledge) recruiting him, but the 2019 player of the year in Louisiana high school football is going to play football and baseball at Southeastern. Christian Westcott, out of Mandeville's Lakeshore HS, will play for coaches Frank Scelfo and Matt Riser. On the football side, he's a Pro-style QB. His only FBS offer was from UL-M.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Post Reply