2020 football recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

The 4 star from Rummel just got an offer from FSU & Norvel. That’s probably that

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Currently 3rd in the AAC behind Cinci (two 4 stars!) and ECU (right behind them, but they have 21 commits, 2 more than us). Cinci, Ucf, Memphis have higher per recruit averages, just fewer recruits.

It would be interesting to create a composite aggregating everyone still on the team for their star score and % with P5 offers. Compare that to when Willie Started and to what Cinci/Houston/UCF/Memphis have done. We are closing the gap. The Top tier has been beating P5’s and getting 4 stars for 5 years. We have 1-2 classes that were comparable.

Edit:
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:57 am Currently 3rd in the AAC behind Cinci (two 4 stars!) and ECU (right behind them, but they have 21 commits, 2 more than us). Cinci, Ucf, Memphis have higher per recruit averages, just fewer recruits.

It would be interesting to create a composite aggregating everyone still on the team for their star score and % with P5 offers. Compare that to when Willie Started and to what Cinci/Houston/UCF/Memphis have done. We are closing the gap. The Top tier has been beating P5’s and getting 4 stars for 5 years. We have 1-2 classes that were comparable.

Edit:
I think this will show on January the 4th @ the Armed Forces Bowl just as it did against ULALA @ last year’s Cure Bowl.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Will Barr sign with the Wave on Wednesday or will the bright lights of P5 have too much allure?

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:05 pm Will Barr sign with the Wave on Wednesday or will the bright lights of P5 have too much allure? I

Ugh here come the Kansas, Vandy Etc other trash football all P5’s who look to pick off our commits because they strike out not on their top guy and are lazy.

I can’t wait until the Playoff expands and the P5 nonsense starts to shrink. I am mostly referring to Kansas, Rutgers, Vandy and non premier football schools who have no right and no connection to many of these kids. It’s been shown the aac was better than the ACC & Pac 12 this year. That’s including Clemson and Utah And Oregon. Btw Utah/Oregon vs Memphis/Cinci etc would have been fun match ups. I think the pac 12 is meh at best, as is the ACC outside of Clemson.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Lost another...

waveclem
Surge

Ethan Barr is as good as gone. Josh Remetich though may still indeed sign with the wave. He had indicated he still plans on signing with Tulane. We shall see though.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Fingers crossed, signing day can’t come quick enough as the enemies are at the gates. Let’s weather the storm
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:22 am Fingers crossed, signing day can’t come quick enough as the enemies are at the gates. Let’s weather the storm
With Tuggle and Barr leaving that puts us at 17 recruits and a score that put us right behind UCF (4th in the AAC.) If we can pick up one or two we can jump back up to #2. I know this is slightly silly, but we need the momentum and infusion of talent. Roll wave
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:46 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:05 pm Will Barr sign with the Wave on Wednesday or will the bright lights of P5 have too much allure? I

Ugh here come the Kansas, Vandy Etc other trash football all P5’s who look to pick off our commits because they strike out not on their top guy and are lazy.

I can’t wait until the Playoff expands and the P5 nonsense starts to shrink. I am mostly referring to Kansas, Rutgers, Vandy and non premier football schools who have no right and no connection to many of these kids. It’s been shown the aac was better than the ACC & Pac 12 this year. That’s including Clemson and Utah And Oregon. Btw Utah/Oregon vs Memphis/Cinci etc would have been fun match ups. I think the pac 12 is meh at best, as is the ACC outside of Clemson.
Non premier? Look in the mirror.

They have every right to recruit our commits and said commits have every right to change their mind.

I would send my D1 fball child to vandy football over tulane, generally speaking. Playing time, coaching staff and scheme might change things, but generally I would prefer low end P5s over TU. Facts really.

AAC had a very strong year, particularly the west. But cool it as it was basically an outlier. Not to mention AAC conference members (even after the new 2020 contract) make a fraction in TV, day game, donations, marketing, branding, bowls etc. I just am not going to keep hearing the AAC P6 narrative. It’s a total lie. The AAC is better than every G5 by every metric but is well behind P5 as well. That is reality and not a bad thing. The conference is a constant feeder to low end and high end P5 schools for coaches. It is also unstable as basically every member has goals/visions of a pathway to a P5 conference. Aresco can earn his inflated salary with the p6 nonsense, no one who has a true unbiased POV buys it.

We have and will continue to lose recruits to any and I mean any P5. Same goes for most G5’s.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Any 3 star recruit who opts for a P5 parasite over an AAC school is assured of two things. First, playing time will likely be harder to come by, and two, he will be signing up to be hammered by the P5 factories for the next four years—enjoy.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

BTW: The final conference rankings had the AAC 5th, right behind the PAC 12 and ahead of the ACC.

And the thread about coach Fritz trying to leave is doing nothing but hurting our recruiting.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Really you would rather have your child go to Rutgers or Kansas than Tulane ?

P5 Commissioners said G5 teams don’t play hard enough schedules in relation to the rigors of P5 conference play. Yet the reality is playing in the AAC West last year was more oe equallay difficult than playing in the PAC & ACC.
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:25 pm Really you would rather have your child go to Rutgers or Kansas than Tulane ?

P5 Commissioners said G5 teams don’t play hard enough schedules with the rigors of P5 conference play. Yet the reality is playing in the AAC West last year was more difficult than playing in the PAC & ACC.
Again, the AAC was ranked higher than the ACC, but right BEHIND the PAC 12. And frankly. using the "eyeball test" I thought the ACC was better. Throw the "metrics" out. Ask yourselves: Would Tulane have finished higher than 4th in either division of the ACC?
ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:21 am Any 3 star recruit who opts for a P5 parasite over an AAC school is assured of two things. First, playing time will likely be harder to come by, and two, he will be signing up to be hammered by the P5 factories for the next four years—enjoy.
So you're trying to recruit a kid by telling him he isn't good enough to compete with the best? Got it. Good luck with that.
God Bless Everyone!
anEngineer
Riptide

You pretty much have to be a top 10 recruiting power to have more 4+ recruits than 3's. Almost all the P5s are built around 3-star recruits with an occasional 4-star or 2.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:34 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:25 pm Really you would rather have your child go to Rutgers or Kansas than Tulane ?

P5 Commissioners said G5 teams don’t play hard enough schedules with the rigors of P5 conference play. Yet the reality is playing in the AAC West last year was more difficult than playing in the PAC & ACC.
Again, the AAC was ranked higher than the ACC, but right BEHIND the PAC 12. And frankly. using the "eyeball test" I thought the ACC was better. Throw the "metrics" out. Ask yourselves: Would Tulane have finished higher than 4th in either division of the ACC?
Outside of Utah and Oregon i wasn't impressed with anyone in the Pac, and outside of Clemson wasn't impressed with anyone in the ACC and think we could have beaten or lost to anyone. I think Tulsa could have beaten or lost to any of those teams as well.
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:04 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:21 am Any 3 star recruit who opts for a P5 parasite over an AAC school is assured of two things. First, playing time will likely be harder to come by, and two, he will be signing up to be hammered by the P5 factories for the next four years—enjoy.
So you're trying to recruit a kid by telling him he isn't good enough to compete with the best? Got it. Good luck with that.
I'm pretty sure the pitch would be pointing to similar recruits who haven't played in the last few years and have transferred from P5's. Then pointing to similar recruits who have played and contributed or started as true freshman at Tulane. See that wasn't so hard
RobertM320
Green Wave

Why better? If we're equal to them, finishing 4th in one of the ACC divisions would be the same as finishing 4th in the AAC. And yes, I do think we could have finished 4th in an ACC division.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:04 pm
No. You’re trying to recruit them by opening their eyes to the truth. Check the Transfer Portal. Check the records of Kansas, Arkansas, Oregon State, Vandy, BC, Rutgers, Colorado, Illinois, the list goes on and on.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Outside of Utah and Oregon i wasn't impressed with anyone in the Pac, and outside of Clemson wasn't impressed with anyone in the ACC and think we could have beaten or lost to anyone. I think Tulsa could have beaten or lost to any of those teams as well.
I think the AAC is something like 7-3 against the PAC 12 over the last 10 inter conference games. At one point we had won 5 or 6 in a row against PAC 12 teams.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The AAC is a whopping 6-3 versus the PAC 12 all time. Tulane has not contributed to that record as we have not played a PAC 12 team since we joined the conference. The conference has not played any of the top teams in the PAC 12 (particularly those mentioned above.) The AAC has played Arizona 2x (both wins) Stanford 2x (split) UCLA 4x (3-1) and Washington State once (loss).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ethan Barr has flipped to Vandy. Jamiran James has entered the transfer portal.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I can’t wait for this early signing day period to start . . . And end.
galvezwave
Swell

Barge to the portal and that sucks. Just sucks.