2020 football recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Weird. I assume as our offensive line continues to get better and our recruits get better hall/fritz wouldn’t necessarily require a dual threat QB. It’s also amazing to see the SMU we recruits this year at WR. In this class alone they have a Juco stud who is almost a 4 Star with offers from everyone and 2020 recruit who also is almost and 4 Star who is their highest rated recruit. Those are the last two blemishes on fritz- QB & WR recruits.

anEngineer
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:45 am Weird. I assume as our offensive line continues to get better and our recruits get better hall/fritz wouldn’t necessarily require a dual threat QB. It’s also amazing to see the SMU we recruits this year at WR. In this class alone they have a Juco stud who is almost a 4 Star with offers from everyone and 2020 recruit who also is almost and 4 Star who is their highest rated recruit. Those are the last two blemishes on fritz- QB & WR recruits.
I have high hopes that, at least one of the two freshmen will end up being a quality QB. The WR thing is very real and a real puzzler.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm wondering if ShiKeem Laister can play some WR? From his highlight films I seem to remember him being a safety and a QB in an option offense that was like what we used to run.

Dyson certainly plays WR. He's got a burst, too.

Also, maybe the coaches were onto something others didn't see with the Watts brothers. They had pedestrian (being kind) stats at JUCO, but let's hope they can be productive.

I think the problem recruiting HS WR's is that our offense is still perceived as a "run first" offense. We need to aggressively pursue WR's for our 2021 class. There's no shortage of them locally.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:33 am I'm wondering if ShiKeem Laister can play some WR? From his highlight films I seem to remember him being a safety and a QB in an option offense that was like what we used to run.

Dyson certainly plays WR. He's got a burst, too.

Also, maybe the coaches were onto something others didn't see with the Watts brothers. They had pedestrian (being kind) stats at JUCO, but let's hope they can be productive.

I think the problem recruiting HS WR's is that our offense is still perceived as a "run first" offense. We need to aggressively pursue WR's for our 2021 class. There's no shortage of them locally.
Exactly—we probably are still perceived as “run first”. Hence we keep adding to a strong stable of RBs. SMU on the other hand is seen as an aerial circus, which will continue to attract high caliber QBs and WRs. It all comes down to what each head coach emphasizes. Will we get our passing game going, before SMU gets their running game started?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Did Pratt enroll for the Spring Semester? Boy would it be great if he were to become a 4 year starter.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:17 pm Did Pratt enroll for the Spring Semester? Boy would it be great if he were to become a 4 year starter.
Pratt is enrolled and will participate in spring practice.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:45 am Weird. I assume as our offensive line continues to get better and our recruits get better hall/fritz wouldn’t necessarily require a dual threat QB. It’s also amazing to see the SMU we recruits this year at WR. In this class alone they have a Juco stud who is almost a 4 Star with offers from everyone and 2020 recruit who also is almost and 4 Star who is their highest rated recruit. Those are the last two blemishes on fritz- QB & WR recruits.
Our offensive line is far from being good. What looked like noticeable improvement there early in the year turned out to be a mirage as the schedule got tougher.. Hall's offense desires a dual threat. As others have noted our prior offense scared off WR recruits. McMillan's inaccuracy didn't help promote the new offense. Hopefully we see a breakthrough on the field that results in a breakthrough in recruiting at WR.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

True true true, all around. I do believe the watts brothers were targeted pretty early on and were a priority. Let’s hope our talent evaluation was spot on (as it usually is).
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Looks like there were a good number of recruits on campus this weekend, most of them being for the 2021 Class.

Or atleast willie didn’t have anyone from 2020 tweet anything about their visit.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

misc info regarding academic and local recruits
https://crescentcitysports.com/louisian ... titutions/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:04 am misc info regarding academic and local recruits
https://crescentcitysports.com/louisian ... titutions/
It's comical to read of the students listed with their target schools and those schools' national academic rankings (with a few SEC schools), yet no mention of the school up-river. Then there is an obligatory mention of that school with the other Louisiana schools like "and the rest" on the original Gilligan's Island theme song.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wee need more articles like that ! Maybe The author could devote a little more time to Tulane who has by far the largest number of Local kids going their and, ya know, is a local school.

I didn’t realize FSU was ranked so highly. . . That’s a joke. While there are some intelligent students there and it is a large school, partying and athletics are the priorities there.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:43 pm
Our offensive line is far from being good. What looked like noticeable improvement there early in the year turned out to be a mirage as the schedule got tougher.. Hall's offense desires a dual threat. As others have noted our prior offense scared off WR recruits. McMillan's inaccuracy didn't help promote the new offense. Hopefully we see a breakthrough on the field that results in a breakthrough in recruiting at WR.
Most college football and many NFL offenses requires an ability for the QB to tuck & run at a minimun & to be a constant threat at most.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Yup, just the beginning . I hopes its not the beginning of the end for Tulane football! If we still have a program, we are going to be at the bottom of this new league. I hope I am wrong.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!