2019-2020 Men’s Basketball Recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
WavyHoops
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:25 pm Let's face it: there's a wacky streak in our MBB Coach's personality. That being said, I like it! I fully expect him to be successful (though not post season in 19-20) and hope that's the case. If he strings together a couple of MD type seasons that lovable wackiness would wear thin pretty quickly.
Crazy like a fox! In this day and age it takes a unique energy to break through the clutter and make an impact.

nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:36 pm Hunter said, somewhat tongue in cheek I believe, that he would switch which team sat on which side of the scorers table.
The prophet of storrs ; wrong again .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
WavyHoops
High Tide

What? Is? Happening?

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

WavyHoops wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:25 pm What? Is? Happening?

I thought this kid had signed with Baylor
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think he would have 4 years left as he was a RS at Arkansas this past season. Do we have room for him with a scholarship? Would he have to sit another year despite not playing at Arkansas?

He has not "tweeted" any commitment.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:32 pm

That would be his second time signing with Baylor. He originally signed with the Bears in April 2018, then got released from his commitment and went to Arkansas, signing with the Hogs in May 2018. He red shirted at Arkansas.

My info is based upon WholeHogSports:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019 ... er-portal/
WavyHoops
High Tide

Pretty cool though I'm not sure what the West Virginia angle is.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

WavyHoops wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Pretty cool though I'm not sure what the West Virginia angle is.
maybe his is a John Denver fan....."almost Heaven"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I checked his twitter account when I posted at 2:36 (EST?) Didn't see the tweet!

Welcome to the fold, Mr. Ali!

Listen closely to Coach Hunter, and you'll have a fun ride in New Orleans.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Even though he redshirted he'd still have to sit out the year unless he gets an exemption that allows him to start playing immediately.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Welcome aboard.

Someone is leaving or someone is going to be medically disqualified. Could be Zhang leaving or maybe Ajang being Medically disqualified.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I could care less if it was any of Dunleavys guys leaving. Ali definitely has the build and look of an inside force. Love how many big time programs were on him.

I also like that he has already had some time of basketball skills development at other universities, and isnt a twig like our duo from africa.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:21 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:32 pm

That would be his second time signing with Baylor. He originally signed with the Bears in April 2018, then got released from his commitment and went to Arkansas, signing with the Hogs in May 2018. He red shirted at Arkansas.

My info is based upon WholeHogSports:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019 ... er-portal/
I remember the first time he signed, did not know he was granted a release and moved on to Arkansas....he's takin da tour...to your left is the Cabildo, to your right, Cafe Du Monde
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:03 pm I could care less if it was any of Dunleavys guys leaving. Ali definitely has the build and look of an inside force. Love how many big time programs were on him.

I also like that he has already had some time of basketball skills development at other universities, and isnt a twig like our duo from africa.
I cannot agree more with your post. My only concern was lack of production in High School and zero track record at the college level.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:43 pm Welcome aboard.

Someone is leaving or someone is going to be medically disqualified. Could be Zhang leaving or maybe Ajang being Medically disqualified.
As the door hits Zhang in the ass on his way out he is KO'd by the contact.

See 'ya , never again .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
galvezwave
Swell

Zhang ain’t all that don’t get me wrong, but in the right role could be an asset off the bench . Too much was asked of him . Could be an effective offensive situational guy
WavyHoops
High Tide

galvezwave wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:27 am Zhang ain’t all that don’t get me wrong, but in the right role could be an asset off the bench . Too much was asked of him . Could be an effective offensive situational guy
Very fair to wait and see how the holdovers do with more structure, stronger motivation and better talent around them.
nawlinspete
Riptide

So how is Ibby being added ; walk on , or who is "injured" , or who had their scholarship pulled ?