Justin Ibieta

Talk about the latest recruits here.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:06 am TPS do you know if he’s going to play baseball?
Not sure but I’d think so. Being a pitcher is a lot easier to play two sports then being an everyday position player.
We’ve have many successful two sport athletes over the years. Justin could be the next one for sure. One of my all-time favorites was a QB/Pitcher Bobby Duhon.

All State QB
https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/05/lou ... tment.html

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:49 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:06 am TPS do you know if he’s going to play baseball?
Not sure but I’d think so. Being a pitcher is a lot easier to play two sports then being an everyday position player.
We’ve have many successful two sport athletes over the years. Justin could be the next one for sure. One of my all-time favorites was a QB/Pitcher Bobby Duhon.

All State QB
regarding Duhon
https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2004/1 ... Duhon.aspx
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

My only concern is that he played in the 2A classification in HS. In contrast, McMillan played in the 6A classification and won a state title there.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Welcome aboard. May you have a very successful career with the Wave!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:38 am My only concern is that he played in the 2A classification in HS. In contrast, McMillan played in the 6A classification and won a state title there.
Quick question. What classification level did Eli and Peyton Manning play in? The defense rests, your honor.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:38 am My only concern is that he played in the 2A classification in HS. In contrast, McMillan played in the 6A classification and won a state title there.
Just look at his bloodline. His mom and dad were both successful athletes on the D1 collegiate level and his sister is having success on that level as well.
I saw CD play a bunch last season. They would have beaten most of the 6A schools. Justin carries the entire team on his back. They were the only team to beat State Champs Amite. You have to consider the entire team. Peyton never won a State Championship either. Newman was 1A back then as well.
Great comeback led by Justin here.
Newman was up 28-7 late in the 3rd Qtr and Justin took over. CD won 35-31 in the final seconds.
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

McWave wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:08 pm Welcome aboard!!! Glad to here it. Will definitely follow his fall season.
...hear...
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
gbgreenie
Surge

Great catch but watching Newman game, speed of the game is very slow compared to higher levels of football. But Ibieta has the tools.
swampnik
Surge

All State QB
thanks for that info. Never knew that Duhon also pitched for the Wave and pretty well evidently.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:42 am
Quick question. What classification level did Eli and Peyton Manning play in? The defense rests, your honor.
no one seem to give a krap that John Curtis Christian was a 2A school for years, but everyone wanted their players
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat May 18, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm
no one seem to give a krap the John Curtis Christian was a 2A school for years, but everyone wanted their players
The exception isn’t the rule.

For example, Tom Brady and Russell Wilson were not drafted in the first round and are NFL starters, however, 22/32 of the NFL starters were drafted in the first round.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:03 pm

All State QB
thanks for that info. Never knew that Duhon also pitched for the Wave and pretty well evidently.
LSU would beat us in FB but Bobby would pitch and beat them back in baseball.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

This is great and exciting news.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tommy Mathews coaches Justin in baseball at CD
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:22 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm
no one seem to give a krap the John Curtis Christian was a 2A school for years, but everyone wanted their players
The exception isn’t the rule.

For example, Tom Brady and Russell Wilson were not drafted in the first round and are NFL starters, however, 22/32 of the NFL starters were drafted in the first round.
I don't care what level you're playing, 55 TDs and 3800 yds passing in a single season in high school is doing something right.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Very Excited . . . One of the final boxes Coach Fritz had to check was a HS QB he could groom and build around. Ruse didnt get the job done . . . But Hall Did ! This 6.5 months until he signs is going to be exhausting. Roll Wave !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

With our current depth chart at the position we need to land one more HS QB in this class.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:30 pm

All State QB
Loved Bobby. One of my all time favorites.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:09 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:30 pm

All State QB
Loved Bobby. One of my all time favorites.
Same here. One of the all time greats!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Justin accounted for all 16 CD TD in the playoffs. (11 passing, 5 rushing)
That’s what I mean carrying the team on his back.
https://crescentcitysports.com/recruiti ... to-tulane/
In two playoff games, Ibieta accounted for all 16 touchdowns scored by his team. He threw for 11 scores and ran for five touchdowns.
Tulane Class of 1981
gbgreenie
Surge

Justin was rated number 34 player in La. by Dandy Don of LSU Recruiting, the Curtis QB is number 96 in the state. Someone was pushing the Curtis QB but we got better.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Lets be honest, he’s going to shoot up the ratings sites this next year. If he doesnt we should be happy, literally hes playing 3 sports and not attending camps. I hope that continues. Kentucky, duke and pitt were looking at him and if he goes and gets a LSU look we know how this will LIKELY go. His family has kicked ass at tulane and i hope he comes in with Hall and we continue to defend AAC WEST crown, and put that yulman expansion talk to the top of the message board. 🥂 Its Called optimism and im happy to have it

Roll wave
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:21 am Hope he sticks. Signing day is 6.5 months away.

Welcome to the family, Justin!

ROLL WAVE!
So true. It ain't over til the dotted line is signed. But in the meantime, hopefully getting Justin's commitment will start a snowballing effect, for Willie and the Boys, in regards to some of the other high profile recruits they have offered--would love to see a big time class put together.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:11 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:21 am Hope he sticks. Signing day is 6.5 months away.

Welcome to the family, Justin!

ROLL WAVE!
So true. It ain't over til the dotted line is signed. But in the meantime, hopefully getting Justin's commitment will start a snowballing effect, for Willie and the Boys, in regards to some of the other high profile recruits they have offered--would love to see a big time class put together.
Amen!

Would love to see us in the top 3 in the AAC with this class.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V