FB Transfer Portal

Talk about the latest recruits here.
gbgreenie
Surge

Siaki Ika : 2018 First Team ALL-USA Utah Football Team/Defensive Player of the Year
DT
HEIGHT 6-2.5 WEIGHT 372
Massive frame. Built like a tank at 350 pound. Immovable on the interior. Agile and quick off the snap. Demands double teams. Impressive motor and hand technique. Balanced skill set as pass rusher with sound technique. Impactful in run defense, can shed blocks and plug gaps. Needs to trim down to build conditioning. Can improve counter moves. High upside and potential to be a consensus All-American and future NFL Draft Day 2 selection.

Would be a great addition to the Defense from LSU reminds me of Davenport. Huge body, highly rated from High School. National recruit: As a Prospect
247 SPORTS COMPOSITE® 0.9400
NATL. 138
History DT 13
UT 2
CLASS
COMMITTED
12/19/2018

nawlinspete
Riptide

Let's start with a biggie , literally . Grant Gunnell a 6'6" QB who today entered the Portal . Rated as #15 Pocket Passer before signing with the fired Kevin Sumlin at U of Arizona .

Others ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
oliveandblue
Surge

Hmm. I think defensive depth is a key point of interest.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

O-Line and WR. You can never have too many linemen and we simply need an "Allstate" WR. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Any word locally about lsu QB Brennan transferring...CFN is already has the Johnson kid on the 2021 Heisman "watch list"
https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/01 ... -list-2021
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ULM and former Holy Cross TE Tyler Lamm will be transfering to Tulane

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootba ... tyler-lamm
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:36 am ULM and former Holy Cross TE Tyler Lamm will be transfering to Tulane

Welcome to Tulane ! Deserves his own thread ! Roll Wave
gbgreenie
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:30 pm Let's start with a biggie , literally . Grant Gunnell a 6'6" QB who today entered the Portal . Rated as #15 Pocket Passer before signing with the fired Kevin Sumlin at U of Arizona .

Others ?
We have two probably 3 future star QB in Pratt, Horton, and maybe Ibieta. Do not need to bring in a star right now. Let these 3 highly rated QB's battle in out in 2021 then see where we are.
gbgreenie
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:36 am ULM and former Holy Cross TE Tyler Lamm will be transfering to Tulane

Whyyyyy only a two star prospect, Not highly rated.
247SPORTS COMPOSITE® 0.7817
NATL .2623
History
TE 113
LA 121
wave97
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:26 pm

Welcome to Tulane ! Deserves his own thread ! Roll Wave
[https://images.app.goo.gl/tAkxFKnzQ5MBBj6ZA]
Star Gazer
gbgreenie
Surge

gbgreenie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:03 pm

Whyyyyy only a two star prospect, Not highly rated.
247SPORTS COMPOSITE® 0.7817
NATL .2623
History
TE 113
LA 121
Two days after de-committing from Nicholls State, Holy Cross senior tight end Tyler Lamm announced he was heading to Louisiana-Monroe to further is football career.

Lamm committed to Louisiana-Monroe over offers from Nicholls, Sam Houston State, Southeastern and Stephen F. Austin.

"When I first got up there, all the coaches were extremely cool and easy to talk to," Lamm said. "The players were also really cool throughout the trip and I felt like I was already one of them."

The 6-foot-4, 230-pound caught 14 passes for 141 yards and four touchdowns for the Tigers this season. He also showed off his ability as a blocker as Holy Cross credited him with 28 pancake blocks in 2015.
Pepper
Swell

The backup kicker from Bama, Bulovas (Mandeville) has entered the transfer portal.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
MicMan
Swell

Life of a G6: Obsessively searching the portal for P5 coulda-beens and never-wases.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

When looking at transfers our focus should be on those that played at a high level at a school in a lesser conference. We got a LT, Fisher, from USA a few years ago. He had started for three years and was all conference. After he recovered from an ankle injury he was the best LT we have had in a long time. Nick Anderson played JUCO and has played well here. For the most part the players we get from name schools are guys who never lived up to their rankings and haven't played much for three or four years. With all the analyst we have on staff someone should be assigned to scouting for those type of players. It could become our niche.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:03 pm When looking at transfers our focus should be on those that played at a high level at a school in a lesser conference. We got a LT, Fisher, from USA a few years ago. He had started for three years and was all conference. After he recovered from an ankle injury he was the best LT we have had in a long time. Nick Anderson played JUCO and has played well here. For the most part the players we get from name schools are guys who never lived up to their rankings and haven't played much for three or four years. With all the analyst we have on staff someone should be assigned to scouting for those type of players. It could become our niche.
I think we should keep our eyes open at all levels. I seem to remember a player that was moved from DL to OL at LSU that never played, came to Tulane as a grad transfer and was the best player on our D-Line that year (Davenport). I also seem to remember a left handed QB that, despite not taking a snap in fall practice, took the job by his 4th game and helped us a lot (despite being mediocre at best,) He couldn't find the field in Baton Rouge, either. Corey Dauphine was buried at Texas Tech, he seemed to contribute significantly. I don't know why you would ever consider turning a blind eye to the schools that have much deeper talent on their benches than we put on the field.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:25 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:03 pm When looking at transfers our focus should be on those that played at a high level at a school in a lesser conference. We got a LT, Fisher, from USA a few years ago. He had started for three years and was all conference. After he recovered from an ankle injury he was the best LT we have had in a long time. Nick Anderson played JUCO and has played well here. For the most part the players we get from name schools are guys who never lived up to their rankings and haven't played much for three or four years. With all the analyst we have on staff someone should be assigned to scouting for those type of players. It could become our niche.
I think we should keep our eyes open at all levels. I seem to remember a player that was moved from DL to OL at LSU that never played, came to Tulane as a grad transfer and was the best player on our D-Line that year (Davenport). I also seem to remember a left handed QB that, despite not taking a snap in fall practice, took the job by his 4th game and helped us a lot (despite being mediocre at best,) He couldn't find the field in Baton Rouge, either. Corey Dauphine was buried at Texas Tech, he seemed to contribute significantly. I don't know why you would ever consider turning a blind eye to the schools that have much deeper talent on their benches than we put on the field.
Go back and read my post. I didn't say we shouldn't look there. I said we should have a focus on players who have played a lot and performed well. I was happy for Davenport but the truth is we played an extremely weak schedule that year. He never played again.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 pm
Go back and read my post. I didn't say we shouldn't look there. I said we should have a focus on players who have played a lot and performed well. I was happy for Davenport but the truth is we played an extremely weak schedule that year. He never played again.
I am sure Fritz is keeping a close eye on the POV’s of the folks on gotula.net, especially when it pertains to his approach to transfers.
Excellent work.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The strength of our schedule is meaningless to this discussion. It doesn't affect the fact that Davenport was the best, or top 2 or 3 D-linemen on our roster that year. The fact that he didn't play again is likewise, meaningless. Other than Cairo Santos, nobody on that team is playing, and maybe one or two others saw action in the NFL. It's not like we have players transfer in to Tulane and then go on to play in the NFL regularly. I don't remember the last time that happened, or even if it has. The notion of trying to pick off players at lower level programs is despicable, and you're going to be the first one to complain when P5 programs do it to Tulane. Focus should be on players that enter the portal. Sure, there will be players that open eyes at other G5 and FCS programs. IF they hit the transfer portal, we should be all over them. Likewise, when a player that has struggled for playing time at a football factory, particularly if the current staff was recruiting him hits the portal, by all means we should go after him.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:26 pm

I am sure Fritz is keeping a close eye on the POV’s of the folks on gotula.net, especially when it pertains to his approach to transfers.
Excellent work.
It's a fan forum where we express our thoughts on the program. Welcome to the site newbie.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:38 am
The strength of our schedule is meaningless to this discussion. It doesn't affect the fact that Davenport was the best, or top 2 or 3 D-linemen on our roster that year. The fact that he didn't play again is likewise, meaningless. Other than Cairo Santos, nobody on that team is playing, and maybe one or two others saw action in the NFL. It's not like we have players transfer in to Tulane and then go on to play in the NFL regularly. I don't remember the last time that happened, or even if it has. The notion of trying to pick off players at lower level programs is despicable, and you're going to be the first one to complain when P5 programs do it to Tulane. Focus should be on players that enter the portal. Sure, there will be players that open eyes at other G5 and FCS programs. IF they hit the transfer portal, we should be all over them. Likewise, when a player that has struggled for playing time at a football factory, particularly if the current staff was recruiting him hits the portal, by all means we should go after him.
Strength of schedule is important. It matters who you do it against. He did it against very weak competition and so isn't a good example here. He wouldn't have done squat against our current competition. And again you make up things that weren't said. Never said we should be violating NCAA rules. Just said we should have someone on staff focus on players from lower level conferences that have played a lot and out performed their initial rankings who enter the portal rather than being caught up in the name of the school they are attempting to transfer from. And yet again I never said we should exclude those from big name schools.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Strength of schedule has ZERO influence on how good a player is vis a vis HIS OWN TEAMMATES. That's the arguing point, did Davenport contribute significantly? Who he did it against is meaningless. He was the best, or one of the best D linemen on the team. Period.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:24 am Strength of schedule has ZERO influence on how good a player is vis a vis HIS OWN TEAMMATES. That's the arguing point, did Davenport contribute significantly? Who he did it against is meaningless. He was the best, or one of the best D linemen on the team. Period.
Davenport was a beast. He was a difference maker for sure. Big time run stuffer. The best we’ve had here in many years.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Far from the best in many years. He had a good season against a very weak schedule. It was fun to watch but who you do it against matters.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:02 am Far from the best in many years. He had a good season against a very weak schedule. It was fun to watch but who you do it against matters.
You’ll stoop to any low not to admit you’re wrong. Ok Matt Forte played against a weak schedule. Give me a break. Name one Tulane lineman that had a better one year career than Davenport.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice job of limiting who he can be compared to. Got me there. LOL.
Last edited by winwave on Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.