Football Recruiting 2022

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Wave QB
Swell

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:26 pm

I saw this kid at a Newman practice a few weeks ago, and was super impressed! I didn’t know that he already had an offer from us. All I can tell you guys is..............OMG!!!! I pray we get him. Remember you heard it here first. This kid is going to be the real deal.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... son-251668

Ruski
Surge

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:42 am

Wave QB wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:26 pm
I saw this kid at a Newman practice a few weeks ago, and was super impressed! I didn’t know that he already had an offer from us. All I can tell you guys is..............OMG!!!! I pray we get him. Remember you heard it here first. This kid is going to be the real deal.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... son-251668
Get the package with Arch Manning. About time we start keeping local private school kids.
Eaglewave
Swell

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:01 am

AJ Johnson went to McMain his freshman year and was killing it. He transferred to Newman, so he had to sit out this year. I asked some folks I know about him, and they all told me that this kid is a hell of a basketball player as well. One coach (who is now at Abramson) told me that he was dunking like crazy in middle school while at Akili Academy! Lol. Looking forward to seeing what he does with Arch. Hopefully, we can snatch up some big time recruits by being able to showcase a top 25 G5 program.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/11002739/AJ-Johnson
Bowl Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:50 am

The next Manning: High school freshman QB Arch Manning has the game to match his name https://theathletic.com/1345089/2019/11 ... ed-article
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Green Wave

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 am

I get that we have to be recruiting these kids early. But none of this means anything until December of their Senior years of HS. Most kids, it seems, renege on their verbal commitments, particularly those that are before the middle of their Senior season of HS Football. What we line up now for 2022 is going to be a whole different story than what we sign. I'm not against going after these underclass HS players, and would LOVE to land Manning. I'm just saying it's kinda crazy to put much emphasis a few years out, even if they give us verbal commitments.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Jaxwave
Swell

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:52 pm

The better these guys perform over the next few years the worse chance we have to sign them.
DfromCT
Green Wave

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:04 pm

Jaxwave wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:52 pm
The better these guys perform over the next few years the worse chance we have to sign them.
That's the recruiting dilemma: Go after a kid that's a HS underclassman and he gets on the radar of other schools. He plays well and gets P5 offers. He plays poorly and we have to wonder if we should offer. Now, I'm not saying that a Newman QB named Manning was going to fly under anybody's radar....
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
RobertM320
Tsunami

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:09 pm

At some point you have to put your faith in Coach Fritz and his staff to be able to sell the advantages Tulane offers. Granted, we're not going to be landing 4 and 5 star players, we just have to accept that. But Fritz has shown the ability to sell recruits on the Tulane package. Education, world class city, and great conference.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
GreenLantern
Swell

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:26 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:09 pm
At some point you have to put your faith in Coach Fritz and his staff to be able to sell the advantages Tulane offers. Granted, we're not going to be landing 4 and 5 star players, we just have to accept that. But Fritz has shown the ability to sell recruits on the Tulane package. Education, world class city, and great conference.
Precisely. Now is not the time to have concerns about Tulane recruiting. That would have been in December 2015, after firing a Super Bowl winning coach and announcing to the world that no one could win at Tulane. Like compound interest, recruiting is a process that builds upon success and prior results.

Trust in Fritz. Fritz will provide.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 pm

GreenLantern wrote:

That would have been in December 2015, after firing a Super Bowl winning coach and announcing to the world that no one could win at Tulane.
Calling CJ a "Super Bowl winning coach," which is technically true, is a bit disingenuous and I guarantee you that nobody, and I mean nobody, ever said "If CJ can't win at Tulane no one can."

Edited for spelling. Not ruling out doing it again.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
Bicoastalwave
Surge

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:35 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 pm
GreenLantern wrote:

That would have been in December 2015, after firing a Super Bowl winning coach and announcing to the world that no one could win at Tulane.
Calling CJ a "Super Bowl winning coach," which is technically true, is a bit disingenuous and I guarantee you that nobody, and I mean nobody, ever said "If CJ can't win at Tulane no one can."

Edited for spelling. Not ruling out doing it again.

This is correct and hilarious. It’s like cherry picking data to mis represent the truth. I would love for someone to say “If CJ can't win at Tulane no one can." To me. I would have an entertaining response. You can also sub in cow dick with similar sentiments and a similar response from me.