Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Eaglewave
Swell

Show Me wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:44 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm You brought it up after two years as you can’t get over your Tanner hatred. He didn’t get coaches fired. CJ was never qualified and Riley was at the end of his career. As for QB’s and and offensive lines the Saints have Drew Brees and a good line yet went 7-9 three straight years and 4 out of five years before this recent uptick. But yeah it’s all about the QB only. But you’ll keep on hating.
+1
Tanner’s development was cut short with the departure of Mike Neu. Tanner had all the tools to become a successful QB but had zero coaching once QB coach Neu left. And his line was among the worst in all of college football at that time.
I agree that Neu was the best thing for him, but at the end of the day, Tanner didn’t do what many thought he would do. Instead, he was a nightmare for two offenses and no NFL offensive coordinator is going to work with some tools that can’t fix anything.

Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:29 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm You brought it up after two years as you can’t get over your Tanner hatred. He didn’t get coaches fired. CJ was never qualified and Riley was at the end of his career. As for QB’s and and offensive lines the Saints have Drew Brees and a good line yet went 7-9 three straight years and 4 out of five years before this recent uptick. But yeah it’s all about the QB only. But you’ll keep on hating.
Wrong again. Actually, Show Me brought up the fact that folks got excited about Tanner Lee’s showing at the Manning Camp that resulted in a excitement and hype before another losing season.

Ok Winwave, Tanner Lee is a great QB who never had 1 good collegiate season because both Tulane and Nebraska coaches and offensive lines sucked. He tossed pick 6’s and incorrectly read defensive coverages because Mike Nue didn’t have time to correct the few flaws he had. Ok. I finally understand. Hopefully, the NFL begs him to take a spot on their rosters once the form the perfect offensive line and quarterback coach for him.
Wrong as usual. Showme's post was from two years ago. Then you quoted a post from me from two years ago. I never said he was great but he does have talent. The NFL drafted him and he's cashing his checks from the Jags. I'll trust NFL GM's, coaches and scouts over you any day. Remind us where you got drafted and how much you made in the NFL.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:49 pm
Eaglewave wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:29 pm
Wrong again. Actually, Show Me brought up the fact that folks got excited about Tanner Lee’s showing at the Manning Camp that resulted in a excitement and hype before another losing season.

Ok Winwave, Tanner Lee is a great QB who never had 1 good collegiate season because both Tulane and Nebraska coaches and offensive lines sucked. He tossed pick 6’s and incorrectly read defensive coverages because Mike Nue didn’t have time to correct the few flaws he had. Ok. I finally understand. Hopefully, the NFL begs him to take a spot on their rosters once the form the perfect offensive line and quarterback coach for him.
Wrong as usual. Showme's post was from two years ago. Then you quoted a post from me from two years ago. I never said he was great but he does have talent. The NFL drafted him and he's cashing his checks from the Jags. I'll trust NFL GM's, coaches and scouts over you any day. Remind us where you got drafted and how much you made in the NFL.
whoa !!!! trust scouts and GM's...Keppin' it local... with the Saints first draft picked, they chose Les Kelly !?!?!?!?...Hell, Russell Exerlablen was a first round draft choice, the number 11 overall pick...pure GM and Scouting genius on display !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

If the Tanner Lee discussion becomes too contentious, everyone might be interested to know that cupcake holders make great dresses for ducks.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The call! Jag coaches can’t believe Tanner was still on the board.
https://www.jaguars.com/video/draft-roo ... e-20610547
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It will be interesting to see if Tanner Lee ever takes a meaningful snap in an NFL regular season game. If he does, it will be one more than any of us have taken, and he's already made more money with his 1 week active roster paycheck (plus a tidy practice squad paycheck for 16 weeks) than any of us have from the NFL. I'm not a Tanner Lee fan, but he's living the dream. Good for him. Don't forget Sean Peyton first scouted him and told CJ about the neighborhood kid.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:36 pm The call! Jag coaches can’t believe Tanner was still on the board.
https://www.jaguars.com/video/draft-roo ... e-20610547
Duh . What else would you expect them to say about a draft pick . Correction , a wasted draft pick .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave QB
Swell

Oh god. Here y’all go again! Please! Let it die!
The Yulman Stadium curse of Tanner “ The Lean Mean Interception Machine” Lee is over at Tulane fellas! He wasn’t they guy some of you dreamers where hoping he would be, and he looked like the same guy that Nebraska fans were calling to get rid of as well. I for one am very pleased that those ugly days are over! Hopefully, he can find himself while taking snaps with the practice squad. All we can do is wish the kid well on his NFL journey.

Let’s talk about the progression of our current QB who is trying to lead us to another bowl win.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:27 pm Tanner Lee again!!??
Heeee’ss Baaaaacckk!! Can we at least move these Tanner Lee comments to the infamous Tanner Lee thread—and give us renewed hope of getting to 100 pages?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:19 pm
anEngineer wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:27 pm Tanner Lee again!!??
Heeee’ss Baaaaacckk!! Can we at least move these Tanner Lee comments to the infamous Tanner Lee thread—and give us renewed hope of getting to 100 pages?
For sure. On the road now but will soon.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave QB
Swell

@Eaglewave

You do realize that you commented on an old comment right? I blame you!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If you want it to die then let it die rather than needlessly bashing the kid again. The experts here said he needed to go to FCS to have a chance for playing time. Instead he went to Nebraska and won and kept the starting job. He then got drafted into the NFL and is still there making his living. That's something no one here has done. Best of luck to him going forward.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Only 12 more pages to the century mark.- “ we can do it!”
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:29 pm Only 12 more pages to the century mark.- “ we can do it!”
I'll help.
God Bless Everyone!
TXWave88
Surge

During this revived thread, Tanner Lee threw 2 interceptions to me while sitting at my desk.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TXWave88 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:25 am During this revived thread, Tanner Lee threw 2 interceptions to me while sitting at my desk.
I ran him down from behind, while riding my lawnmower, here in scenic Georgetown TX
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

TXWave88 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:25 am During this revived thread, Tanner Lee threw 2 interceptions to me while sitting at my desk.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Give him the benefit of the doubt. One was tipped and the other was under pressure from a blitz the O-Line didn't pick up.

But you have to love the fact that he hit you at your desk between your numbers!
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:05 pm If you want it to die then let it die rather than needlessly bashing the kid again. The experts here said he needed to go to FCS to have a chance for playing time. Instead he went to Nebraska and won and kept the starting job. He then got drafted into the NFL and is still there making his living. That's something no one here has done. Best of luck to him going forward.

1. Your second to last sentence isn’t true and there are folks around here who know better.

2. Members around here said that he needed to go to the FCS if he wanted to a a good collegiate career. His poor performances Tulane and Nebraska vs FBS opponents made that point even stronger. 37 picks isn’t pretty.

3. I was responding to Eaglewave because I believe that he woke up all of you Tanner Lee believers who ignore his FBS gameday performances a blame everyone else for his INT habits.

4. Tanner Lee is who I thought he was. I have no reason to start a debate because my point was proven on the field. Lee is a good practice player. Nothing more.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:47 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:05 pm If you want it to die then let it die rather than needlessly bashing the kid again. The experts here said he needed to go to FCS to have a chance for playing time. Instead he went to Nebraska and won and kept the starting job. He then got drafted into the NFL and is still there making his living. That's something no one here has done. Best of luck to him going forward.

1. Your second to last sentence isn’t true and there are folks around here who know better.

2. Members around here said that he needed to go to the FCS if he wanted to a a good collegiate career. His poor performances Tulane and Nebraska vs FBS opponents made that point even stronger. 37 picks isn’t pretty.

3. I was responding to Eaglewave because I believe that he woke up all of you Tanner Lee believers who ignore his FBS gameday performances a blame everyone else for his INT habits.

4. Tanner Lee is who I thought he was. I have no reason to start a debate because my point was proven on the field. Lee is a good practice player. Nothing more.
1. Name the poster here who got drafted and made a living in the NFL. If people here knew it not to be true they would have jumped on it.

2.No, they said if he wanted to play he needed to go to an FCS school. Instead he won the job at a P5. The team was bad and everyone knew it was going to be their coaches last season. But you want to blame all ills on Tanner.

3. Nobody ignores the picks nor blames others. What they see is his positives. The same positives an NFL team saw and drafted him on. I know that's upsetting to you and yours but you were proven wrong.

4. See #3.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I still don't think he takes a snap in a regular season NFL game. If he does, watch for the pick 6's.
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:41 am I still don't think he takes a snap in a regular season NFL game. If he does, watch for the pick 6's.
Probably not a bad thing if he never does take a regular season snap. Ryan Griffin has made out pretty well that way.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:56 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:41 am I still don't think he takes a snap in a regular season NFL game. If he does, watch for the pick 6's.
Probably not a bad thing if he never does take a regular season snap. Ryan Griffin has made out pretty well that way.
And God bless both of them for making a living playing a game they love!
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:08 pm
Wave QB wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:47 pm

1. Name the poster here who got drafted and made a living in the NFL. If people here knew it not to be true they would have jumped on it.

2.No, they said if he wanted to play he needed to go to an FCS school. Instead he won the job at a P5. The team was bad and everyone knew it was going to be their coaches last season. But you want to blame all ills on Tanner.

3. Nobody ignores the picks nor blames others. What they see is his positives. The same positives an NFL team saw and drafted him on. I know that's upsetting to you and yours but you were proven wrong.

4. See #3.
1. Ok. Believe what you want man.

2. His stats clearly show that he wasn’t FBS material. Yes, he started at Tulane and Nebraska, but so what? He didn’t perform well. I am confident that his numbers would have looked better if he would have started at SLU or McNeese. I would say Southern, but their offensive line wouldn’t have been able to put the golden gates of heaven that you and about two others around here prayed for so he he not throw INT’s all Saturday like he did at Tulane.

3. Tannner Lee was the guy I told you he was. He failed here, and failed there. Your “he won the starting job” sign means absolutely nothing since he still performed terribly. His numbers proved my point. They don’t prove yours.

4. See 3 or see another pick 6 from Tanner Lee!
Last edited by Wave QB on Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wave QB
Swell

I hope he does! I prayed that he would start for Nebraska as the grown man he was just to confirm my point that he made at Tulane. He started, he stunk, the fans wanted him gone just like we did, his coach was fired, and the new coach wanted nothing to do with him. Same ole story.

I really hope and pray that we see him take the snaps behind someone’s NFL offensive line so my man Winwavedat can see my point on the biggest stage. Tanner Lee is a good kid who wanted to win for us, but he just didn’t have “it”.