Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tanner has been active for 1 NFL game, and hasn't taken a snap. Whatever money he's made is GREAT for him! But his stats speak for themselves at every level. I think he has a great arm, but I also think his head shows what kind of QB he really is, and it's not pretty. If he ever takes a meaningful NFL snap, I would put money on his QB rating being under 60.

But he is making a decent living ($7600/wk on the practice squad) playing a game. Ryan Griffin has made a whole lot more than Tanner without taking a meaningful snap.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

All great comments---keep them coming. Only 10 pages to go.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:43 pm
Wave QB wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:01 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:14 am You've been wrong all along . The Saints have Drew Brees, who will be first ballot Hall of Famer, and a good offensive line with weapons to boot yet went 7-9 for three straight season and 4 of 5 before the recent two seasons. Sorry it's just not all about the QB. We get that a few like you can only see one player on the field but it's a team game. CJ was unfit to ever be a HC. Riley was at the end of his career. Tanner won and kept the starting job at Nebraska not an FCS. He got drafted into the NFL and is still there. Proving you wrong yet again.

Nope. I called it when he committed. He doesn’t have what it takes Winwave. He proved it at Tulane, and Nebraska. He is a practice player, and continues to prove that fact. He is not a good QB, and you know it.
The jealousy really has the best of you.

No reason to be jealous, I have reason to support why I was right about him.
Wave QB
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:24 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:14 am You've been wrong all along . The Saints have Drew Brees, who will be first ballot Hall of Famer, and a good offensive line with weapons to boot yet went 7-9 for three straight season and 4 of 5 before the recent two seasons. Sorry it's just not all about the QB. We get that a few like you can only see one player on the field but it's a team game. CJ was unfit to ever be a HC. Riley was at the end of his career. Tanner won and kept the starting job at Nebraska not an FCS. He got drafted into the NFL and is still there. Proving you wrong yet again.

Nope. I called it when he committed. He doesn’t have what it takes Winwave. He proved it at Tulane, and Nebraska. He is a practice player, and continues to prove that fact. He is not a good QB, and you know it.
I was never a big Lee fan and have had battles with winwave on this site. But let me get this straight, you are taking the time to crap on a kid who was drafted and actually suited up for an NFL game? Seriously just let it die at a minimum. What is your hatred for him? Is this some goofy NOLA high school vendetta?

Don’t respond if you want to let it die. I was replying to a shot fired my way, so let it be. Just because the kid did what I predicted him to do at Tulane and Nebraska doesn’t mean I hate the kid. If he had played well, then I would have been to first to admit that I misjudged him and that he was/is a good QB. However, 31 games and 37 INT’s later, I have no problem with saying “I told you so” to anyone who calls my words out. Take it and move on before you assist us in a record breaking page.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Whats the Over/under on hitting 100 pages ?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

He is playing pro football. Jeez. Why is he attacked on this board.
So weird.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 pm He is playing pro football. Jeez. Why is he attacked on this board.
So weird.
EXACTLY!!!

He's making more money playing football than any poster on this board has ever done. Even if he's only on the practice squad, which he's eligible for one more season. Good for Tanner. But he's not making $495k unless he makes the roster going into week 1. And he didn't make $480k last year.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:04 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:43 pm

The jealousy really has the best of you.

No reason to be jealous, I have reason to support why I was right about him.
The jealousy rages on.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

Wave QB,
Even though Tanner Lee sucked as our starter, I am more happy that CJ is gone more than him. It's CJ's fault that we had to sit through the madness and fustration.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

EW-The team sucked. Still waiting to hear how high you were drafted and how long your NFL career was>.

Onward to 100.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:59 am EW-The team sucked. Still waiting to hear how high you were drafted and how long your NFL career was>.

Onward to 100.
I am just curious, u have never been drafted or played a pro minute, so who cares what you think (at least in ur rationale).
Make ur argument, don’t attack.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:39 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:59 am EW-The team sucked. Still waiting to hear how high you were drafted and how long your NFL career was>.

Onward to 100.
I am just curious, u have never been drafted or played a pro minute, so who cares what you think (at least in ur rationale).
Make ur argument, don’t attack.
I made my argument.
Eaglewave
Swell

Onward to 100.

Oh, sorry I forgot to respond.
I was never drafted. So what? Where you? No, but so what? Tanner Lee was drafted and good for him, but he still sucked as the starting QB for the Huskers and Tulane. I seriously doubt we will see him throwing anymore picks on TV again.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The team sucked. Especially the coaching. To lay it all on him is ludicrous.
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:59 pm The team sucked. Especially the coaching. To lay it all on him is ludicrous.
I agree, but Montana, Powell, and Jordy all had to deal with it and didn’t get a pass for their F ups from you. Some, (not the majority), of you give Tanner too much sympathy and continued to baby the kid when he proved that he couldn’t get the job done. Yes, the coaching stunk, but many of those picks were absolutely pathetic. It’s not a coincidence that he performed the same way with Nebraska. The kid doesn’t have it.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:59 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:59 pm The team sucked. Especially the coaching. To lay it all on him is ludicrous.
I agree, but Montana, Powell, and Jordy all had to deal with it and didn’t get a pass for their F ups from you. Some, (not the majority), of you give Tanner too much sympathy and continued to baby the kid when he proved that he couldn’t get the job done. Yes, the coaching stunk, but many of those picks were absolutely pathetic. It’s not a coincidence that he performed the same way with Nebraska. The kid doesn’t have it.
Total BS. None of us liked the picks. What we saw was the potential . He had talent none of those others possessed. I pointed out from the first practice that Montana’s throwing motion was horrific. We had no chance with him. Powell was given a pass by others but he was not a D-1 caliber QB. He was someone that would have had to have gone to an FCS to have a chance to play. Jordy was really given too much credit by many here. Weak arm and two pick sixes to blow the Tulsa game. But y’all wouldn’t call him out because that didn’t fit your agenda. The kid had it. Drafted and in the NFL.
Wave QB
Swell

Eaglewave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:59 pm
Tanner Lee looked damn good at practice, and is getting credit for it in the NFL as a practice player. He looked terrible in gameplay, and won’t get a snap in the NFL. He is nothing more than a practice player.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The jealousy never ends.
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:53 pm The jealousy never ends.
And so does your pick 6 worshipping. The kid couldn’t win at here like you believed he could. He is gone, and the Krewe of INT’s doesn’t roll anymore. You and Tanner Lee should take notes from Justin McMillan on how to win games and beat FBS programs. Get over it, or help us get this thing to 100.
Last edited by Wave QB on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wave QB
Swell

It wasn’t just “most” Tulane fans.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:03 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:53 pm The jealousy never ends.
And so does your pick 6 worshipping. The kid couldn’t win at here like you believed he could. He is gone, and the Krewe of INT’s doesn’t roll anymore. You and Tanner Lee should take notes from Justin McMillan on how to win games and beat FBS programs. Get over it, or help us get this thing to 100.
Drew Brees couldn't have won with that staff and team. Get over your hatred and deal with it.
ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:50 pm All great comments---keep them coming. Only 10 pages to go.

Just to lend a hand, here's a picture of a really tall building...

a giraffe

and a redwood tree.

God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Excellent aj. 100 or bust!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

By monitoring Tanner's training camp exploits, I really think we can get to the magical 100 before we open with FIU.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:48 am
HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:50 pm All great comments---keep them coming. Only 10 pages to go.

Just to lend a hand, here's a picture of a really tall building...

a giraffe

and a redwood tree.

Bump. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981