Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:16 pm If Tanner elects to stay in early retirement, got a call in to Aaron Brooks. After all he was the last QB not named Drew Brees to win a game as a Saint (2005). Is that possible?
Wow. That puts it all in perspective.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:53 pm It would be very telling if the Saints don't call Tanner. Sean Peyton was the one that got him recruited by CJ.

6 pages to go!!!

ROLL WAVE!
D- IIRC it was Robert Neu who was the Saints QB coach that told CJ about him. I think it was tps that said that when he was being recruited.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mods...to help with the goal of 100 pages, can we please merge "Jesuit QB Tanner Lee Commits" to this thread...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:46 am
DfromCT wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:53 pm It would be very telling if the Saints don't call Tanner. Sean Peyton was the one that got him recruited by CJ.

6 pages to go!!!

ROLL WAVE!
D- IIRC it was Robert Neu who was the Saints QB coach that told CJ about him. I think it was tps that said that when he was being recruited.
In the interest of being factual, and reaching our goal, the correct answer is Mike Neu.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:50 pm

6 pages to go!!!

ROLL WAVE!
In the interest of being factual, and reaching our goal, the correct answer is Mike Neu.
and now, many wonder, if he neu what he was doing
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

6 pages to go!!!

ROLL WAVE!
Not the story I heard. I heard it was his neighbor, head coach Sean Payton that told CJ about Tanner,.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

When Curtis Johnson was speaking to a number of fans here in Slidell, he said that Sean Payton had told him about Tanner Lee. I can’t swear that’s what actually happened, but it is a fact that’s what Curtis Johnson told us.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:29 pm When Curtis Johnson was speaking to a number of fans here in Slidell, he said that Sean Payton had told him about Tanner Lee. I can’t swear that’s what actually happened, but it is a fact that’s what Curtis Johnson told us.
The story I was told, when Tanner was a Junior in HS, was that Payton saw him throwing the ball in his yard, and thought he was a natural talent. After that we offered, and I saw him play a couple of HS games after that. Neu was the one that nicknamed him Tom Brady. Great practice QB, too bad it never turned out consistently on game days.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

In reality he was the Anti Tom Brady
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:54 pm In reality he was the Anti Tom Brady
I don't disagree. My point is that it was Sean Payton that recommended Tanner to CJ,
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Great discussion guys. I think we need to further flush out this Neu, Payton, CJ and Tanner story. 100 or Bust.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I personally wouldn’t mind someone writing an in depth break down of the differences between Tom Brady (or Drew Brees) and Tanner Lee.

Another possible thesis topic would be an analytical break down of Race and Draft order for Qb’s and The implications on Tanner.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OK...I will add once again to the thread...The Urban Legend to be named HC at USC and Tanner Lee will be the neu QB Coach
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:52 pm I personally wouldn’t mind someone writing an in depth break down of the differences between Tom Brady (or Drew Brees) and Tanner Lee.

Another possible thesis topic would be an analytical break down of Race and Draft order for Qb’s and The implications on Tanner.
Short story. Brees and Brady were amazing. Neither were considered to be future Hall of Fame quarterbacks, both will be first ballot inductees. Tanner had a pedestrian (being kind) college career and NO NFL career. His completion percentage at both levels was mediocre, if you include those that were completed to the opposition.

The march to 100 continues! Frankly, I wouldn't mind if it died here.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Just want to see this get to page 96...
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
green4life
Low Tide

I thought his name was Stagger Lee. .... I need to get with it.
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

green4life wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:14 pm I thought his name was Stagger Lee. .... I need to get with it.
Stagger Lee lit a cigarette and she shot him in the balls!

Great song!

Not so great QB!
ajcalhoun
Swell

I can't think of anything to say but I want to contribute to our "Quest for 100" so I'll just leave these here:

God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:28 am I can't think of anything to say but I want to contribute to our "Quest for 100" so I'll just leave these here:

Lol
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tanner to Kansas City?
Recent brought in for a tryout
https://nfltraderumors.co/chiefs-try-ou ... anner-lee/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:36 am Tanner to Kansas City?
Recent brought in for a tryout
https://nfltraderumors.co/chiefs-try-ou ... anner-lee/
As Dr. Frankenstein said, “He lives!!!”
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:28 am I can't think of anything to say but I want to contribute to our "Quest for 100" so I'll just leave these here:

Wonderful pictures!! Would love to see more, as we wait for the next installment in the Tanner Lee saga.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

In addition to the Brees injury, aren’t the Steelers looking for another back up QB for the rest of the season. Foles our in Jacksonville, Darnold and Siemian out in New York. Many opportunities may develop for Tanner as the QB injuries mount. The quest for 100 is very much alive.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I understand Tanner tied out for a JPRD Men's Flag football team...but as a center
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:04 am I understand Tanner tied out for a JPRD Men's Flag football team...but as a center
But he failed the tryout because he snapped the ball to the other team, which took it immediately to the end zone.