Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Eaglewave
Swell

Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NO !!! say it ain't so...we were so close...Damn...c'mon Saints do the right thing, we are trying to set a record here
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Tanner may be done, but the dream lives on—100 or bust!!
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This is Tanner's second time being cut. He spent 1 week in the NFL on an active roster. It may not be over, but the end is certainly coming closer and closer for his NFL career.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:34 am This is Tanner's second time being cut. He spent 1 week in the NFL on an active roster. It may not be over, but the end is certainly coming closer and closer for his NFL career.
His career only needs to last 7 more pages.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:04 am
NO !!! say it ain't so...we were so close...Damn...c'mon Saints do the right thing, we are trying to set a record here
Exactly. The Saints need to "do the right thing", if not for Tanner, at least for the Gotula board.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Although it's fun to laugh about, I don't think any NFL team is going to sign Tanner simply to see if this thread can get to 100 pages. His talent is better documented on film than on this board. I know golfnut isn't serious, but some here think he's worth another shot. I'm not in that camp. I'm in the 2nd line parade for the death of his NFL football career. And I wish Tanner the best in whatever his next endeavor turns into.
greenie78
Riptide

The fact is if Tanner Lee wasn’t white, he wouldn’t have been drafted. He just fit the prototype because otherwise he was pedestrian in college. A black QB with similar numbers in college would have never been drafted.
Wave QB
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:44 pm The fact is if Tanner Lee wasn’t white, he wouldn’t have been drafted. He just fit the prototype because otherwise he was pedestrian in college. A black QB with similar numbers in college would have never been drafted.
https://memes.yarn.co/yarn-clip/c7f2309 ... 0f9b2405b8
ajcalhoun
Swell

n/m
God Bless Everyone!
Show Me
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:44 pm The fact is if Tanner Lee wasn’t white, he wouldn’t have been drafted. He just fit the prototype because otherwise he was pedestrian in college. A black QB with similar numbers in college would have never been drafted.
No but you can thank JaMarcus Russell for that so called prototype and the $32 million he stole from Oakland.
https://theundefeated.com/features/jama ... n-a-hurry/
dz1
Ripple

Eric Price being on the Jacksonville coaching staff is the reason he was drafted.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Agreed. There is no way he would have been drafted if he was a different race given his college stats even if with Eric Price with the Jaguars.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:09 am
No but you can thank JaMarcus Russell for that so called prototype and the $32 million he stole from Oakland.
https://theundefeated.com/features/jama ... n-a-hurry/
https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/se ... ssell-now/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It wasn't Russell's fault the Raiders over-estimated his talents and used the first overall pick in the draft on him. That blame goes on the Raiders, not on Russell.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:14 am It wasn't Russell's fault the Raiders over-estimated his talents and used the first overall pick in the draft on him. That blame goes on the Raiders, not on Russell.
The blame goes directly to Al Davis, who overruled Lane Kiffin on draft day, Kiffin wanted nothing to do with Russell, just as Harbaugh wanted nothing to do with Kapernickl.....
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

hope for 100 is eternal.....there is always the XF&L
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/274 ... ight-teams
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:55 pm Although it's fun to laugh about, I don't think any NFL team is going to sign Tanner simply to see if this thread can get to 100 pages. His talent is better documented on film than on this board. I know golfnut isn't serious, but some here think he's worth another shot. I'm not in that camp. I'm in the 2nd line parade for the death of his NFL football career. And I wish Tanner the best in whatever his next endeavor turns into.
Sadly, you're undoubtedly right D. No team will give Tanner another chance just to help our thread get to 100 pages---but they should. :-D
HoustonWave
Tsunami

To accentuate your point g78, while it's been over 30 years, just compare what Terrance Jones accomplished during his college career, compared to Tanner. Talk about a brutal comparison.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

XFL, tv gigs and coaching . . . We’re still alive
Wave755
Tsunami

Tanner cut!!! 🙀😭🥵

(Just doing my bit toward a page 100 - The dream lives on, the hope will never die! :lol: )
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:14 am It wasn't Russell's fault the Raiders over-estimated his talents and used the first overall pick in the draft on him. That blame goes on the Raiders, not on Russell.
Didn’t matter who drafted him that fact remains that he was a complete bust and he help continue and perpetuate the stereotype of being a black QB in the NFL.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:09 pm
Didn’t matter who drafted him that fact remains that he was a complete bust and he help continue and perpetuate the stereotype of being a black QB in the NFL.
I guess Shaun King and Donovan McNabb had nothing to do with that? How about Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, DeShaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes just to name a few others. The race card is a ridiculous argument in 2019.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:34 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:09 pm
I guess Shaun King and Donovan McNabb had nothing to do with that? How about Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, DeShaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes just to name a few others. The race card is a ridiculous argument in 2019.
I may be mistaken, but at least 3 on that list, are not African American
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Some are of mixed race, I will admit. But I still think it's ridiculous to play the race card w/r/t QB's at this stage in the NFL.