Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:48 am
HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:50 pm All great comments---keep them coming. Only 10 pages to go.

Just to lend a hand, here's a picture of a really tall building...

a giraffe

and a redwood tree.

LMFAO and the push to 100 continues!

The pictures are, at this point, more exciting than the argument.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:08 am
Wave QB wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:03 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:53 pm The jealousy never ends.
And so does your pick 6 worshipping. The kid couldn’t win at here like you believed he could. He is gone, and the Krewe of INT’s doesn’t roll anymore. You and Tanner Lee should take notes from Justin McMillan on how to win games and beat FBS programs. Get over it, or help us get this thing to 100.
Drew Brees couldn't have won with that staff and team. Get over your hatred and deal with it.
We can go back and forth for years. No hatred, just facts.

Using Drew Brees as an example is pure blasphemy.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just so everyone knows how much of a joke this thread is, read some of the comments made to the tweet. Relects poorly on the board, and that's not fair to Steve.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:09 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:08 am
Wave QB wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:03 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:53 pm The jealousy never ends.
And so does your pick 6 worshipping. The kid couldn’t win at here like you believed he could. He is gone, and the Krewe of INT’s doesn’t roll anymore. You and Tanner Lee should take notes from Justin McMillan on how to win games and beat FBS programs. Get over it, or help us get this thing to 100.
Drew Brees couldn't have won with that staff and team. Get over your hatred and deal with it.
We can go back and forth for years. No hatred, just facts.

Using Drew Brees as an example is pure blasphemy.
Not at all. Just pure facts. Drew went 7-9 three straight years and 4 out of 5 with a good offensive line. There's more than one player on a team.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

In the spirit of keeping this thread alive....

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:50 pm In the spirit of keeping this thread alive....

:lol:
Wave755
Tsunami

:wave: As a “point of order” I would just like to say our starting quarterback for the 2019 season will be Justin McMillan and I couldn’t be more excited about that! :D
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:50 pm In the spirit of keeping this thread alive....

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is awesome.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

This is straight brilliant.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

And Tanner cashes another NFL check.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:36 pm Just so everyone knows how much of a joke this thread is, read some of the comments made to the tweet. Relects poorly on the board, and that's not fair to Steve.

Especially when a guy puts INT machine Tanner Lee and The Great Drew Brees’ name in the same thread! How embarrassing!
Wave QB
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:54 pm :wave: As a “point of order” I would just like to say our starting quarterback for the 2019 season will be Justin McMillan and I couldn’t be more excited about that! :D
I am excited about that as well. Justin McMillan is a winner for Tulane and is wanted around here.
Wave QB
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:42 pm

This is straight brilliant.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it is. I have to settle down now. This took the cake! Ok, I am done!
Eaglewave
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is awesome.
LMFAO! Damn!
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tanner plays on and takes the barbs with the same class he has always exhibited.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

See, not until page 91 did we get this creative classic. What other treasures await us?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:50 pm And Tanner cashes another NFL check.

I hear ya Winwave, and I do respect your willingness to defend a kid who you see/saw mad potential in, (I saw it too in the 2013 pregame warmups vs UTEP and the Tulsa 2014 games), but the kid really played like shit for us and the Huskers when defenses came for his head. When I finally got his bandwagon, he started play like pure shit. Some guys just can’t handle the heat, and Tanner Lee proved to be one of them. Tanner’s arm was better than Nick Montana, his tools as a pocket passer was better than Powell, and his size/frame was very too much for Jordy to compete with him in a QB battle. However, Montana was a better game manager, Powell found a way to move the offense once Price kept him in the shotgun, and Jordy didn’t panic at all when he finally got starting time. And once again, all of those guys had to deal with McDonell’s trashy offensive line, Price’s garbage play calling, and Curtis “Da Teddybear” Johnson’s unwillingness to make changes. I easily understood why Tanner beat all of them in an outright Qb battle during camp or practice, but in the game, he could never put it together. Not at Tulane, or Nebraska.

These guys don’t hate the kid, but it’s hard to debate their points.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 am
winwave wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:50 pm And Tanner cashes another NFL check.

I hear ya Winwave, and I do respect your willingness to defend a kid who you see/saw mad potential in, (I saw it too in the 2013 pregame warmups vs UTEP and the Tulsa 2014 games), but the kid really played like shit for us and the Huskers when defenses came for his head. When I finally got his bandwagon, he started play like pure shit. Some guys just can’t handle the heat, and Tanner Lee proved to be one of them. Tanner’s arm was better than Nick Montana, his tools as a pocket passer was better than Powell, and his size/frame was very too much for Jordy to compete with him in a QB battle. However, Montana was a better game manager, Powell found a way to move the offense once Price kept him in the shotgun, and Jordy didn’t panic at all when he finally got starting time. And once again, all of those guys had to deal with McDonell’s trashy offensive line, Price’s garbage play calling, and Curtis “Da Teddybear” Johnson’s unwillingness to make changes. I easily understood why Tanner beat all of them in an outright Qb battle during camp or practice, but in the game, he could never put it together. Not at Tulane, or Nebraska.

These guys don’t hate the kid, but it’s hard to debate their points.
Well we certainly have a different take on those others. Montana had no tools and it's why he got benched. He cost us the Bowl game against ULL. Devin never moved the offense and it's why he was a career bench warmer. Jordy was clearly a walk-on. He threw two pick sixes to cost us the Tulsa game yet you never heard outrage about it because it didn't fit people's agenda. We've had a lot of truly bad QB's yet they never endured the hate this kid did. Never ceases to amaze.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There's no "agendas" at work here. Just look at the stats. He threw for 46 TD's in college and 37 INT's. That SUCKS. And he's not "taking barbs with class" from this site, he probably never sees it. He's cashing an NFL practice squad paycheck, and has one NFL minimum paycheck under his belt. He's doing a whole lot better financially than 90% of us here, playing a game. But it is HIGHLY DOUBTFUL he EVER takes a meaningful NFL snap.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... lee-1.html

As others have pointed out he's got a great arm and is a great practice player. He stinks on gameday.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

First, remember that he didn't play a lot of HS ball. Then if one takes the time to look at his collegiate career, versus just shooting from the lip like those talking heads, you see his numbers improve each season. In his last season he improved his numbers while going against better competition. NO ONE knows if he will EVER take a meaningful snap in the NFL but I'm glad he's getting the opportunity. He deserves it.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:45 pm First, remember that he didn't play a lot of HS ball. Then if one takes the time to look at his collegiate career, versus just shooting from the lip like those talking heads, you see his numbers improve each season. In his last season he improved his numbers while going against better competition. NO ONE knows if he will EVER take a meaningful snap in the NFL but I'm glad he's getting the opportunity. He deserves it.
Who's fault is it that he didn't play a lot of HS ball? Yes, he had an option QB that was way more athletic than he that started half the games his first two years of HS, but why didn't he start playing sooner? And we all know the only reason he was so highly regarded is because he lived down the street from Sean Peyton who told CJ that the kid has a live arm. NONE of us debate the fact that he can throw the football. It's who he throws it to ON GAME DAY that splits us up. His stats SUCK. Ryan Griffin had a much better career on teams that were worse. He could manage the offense and call out the blocking schemes behind a line no better than anything Tanner played behind. Tanner is clueless when it comes to identifying the opposition's attack. CLUELESS. And Ryan has earned a hell of a lot more money in the NFL than Tanner will ever see. I hope Tanner has a great career, but it's not going to be in the NFL. His days are numbered whether it's this year or next, he's out of the league by 2021, and more than likely by the start of 2020.

He has an NFL CALIBER arm. I will admit that.

I've got $100 that says he never takes an NFL regular season snap. By meaningful snap I mean in a regular season game with his team not up or down two TD's. Put up or shut up. The money goes to TAF whomever wins.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:59 pm
I've got $100 that says he never takes an meaningful NFL regular season snap. By meaningful snap I mean in a regular season game with his team not up or down two TD's. Put up or shut up. The money goes to TAF whomever wins.
Fixed.

I think your stance is warranted. It's possible it works out, but Lee is currently competing with FIU and WSU's QBs for the backup role. Once that is settled, there will be a question as to whether Lee would be the #3. If not, he's probably in trouble (i.e. like Bryce Petty from Baylor at the Jets).
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:38 pm
I've got $100 that says he never takes an meaningful NFL regular season snap. By meaningful snap I mean in a regular season game with his team not up or down two TD's. Put up or shut up. The money goes to TAF whomever wins.
Fixed.

I think your stance is warranted. It's possible it works out, but Lee is currently competing with FIU and WSU's QBs for the backup role. Once that is settled, there will be a question as to whether Lee would be the #3. If not, he's probably in trouble (i.e. like Bryce Petty from Baylor at the Jets).
Zombie, does "fixed" mean you take the bet?

There's always movement after the rosters are reduced in late August. We'll see if Tanner gets another Practice Squad spot, as I think the limit is two years.

The march to 100 continues!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:41 pm
Fixed.

There's always movement after the rosters are reduced in late August. We'll see if Tanner gets another Practice Squad spot, as I think the limit is two years.

Ah. The original post didn't have the word meaningful in the first sentence. I put in bold, but it isn't that visible. I've added underlining and italics for additional emphasis.

Also, no, I don't want to take that bet. I agree with your stance.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:41 pm
Fixed.

after two years, Tanner will go the same legal route as Kollin Kumpernikel and sue under the collusion statute ...( this is my contribution to the March to 100 )
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !