Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:59 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:45 pm First, remember that he didn't play a lot of HS ball. Then if one takes the time to look at his collegiate career, versus just shooting from the lip like those talking heads, you see his numbers improve each season. In his last season he improved his numbers while going against better competition. NO ONE knows if he will EVER take a meaningful snap in the NFL but I'm glad he's getting the opportunity. He deserves it.
Who's fault is it that he didn't play a lot of HS ball? Yes, he had an option QB that was way more athletic than he that started half the games his first two years of HS, but why didn't he start playing sooner? And we all know the only reason he was so highly regarded is because he lived down the street from Sean Peyton who told CJ that the kid has a live arm. NONE of us debate the fact that he can throw the football. It's who he throws it to ON GAME DAY that splits us up. His stats SUCK. Ryan Griffin had a much better career on teams that were worse. He could manage the offense and call out the blocking schemes behind a line no better than anything Tanner played behind. Tanner is clueless when it comes to identifying the opposition's attack. CLUELESS. And Ryan has earned a hell of a lot more money in the NFL than Tanner will ever see. I hope Tanner has a great career, but it's not going to be in the NFL. His days are numbered whether it's this year or next, he's out of the league by 2021, and more than likely by the start of 2020.

He has an NFL CALIBER arm. I will admit that.

I've got $100 that says he never takes an NFL regular season snap. By meaningful snap I mean in a regular season game with his team not up or down two TD's. Put up or shut up. The money goes to TAF whomever wins.
It's not a matter of who was at fault for his lack of playing time in HS. The fact is he didn't get much playing time. As for his numbers like I said they got better each season and in his last season he was going against a much higher grade of opposition.

As for the bet I'll gladly give another $100 to GWC if he doesn't take such a snap.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:01 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:41 pm
Aberzombie1892 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:38 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:59 pm
I've got $100 that says he never takes an meaningful NFL regular season snap. By meaningful snap I mean in a regular season game with his team not up or down two TD's. Put up or shut up. The money goes to TAF whomever wins.
Fixed.

I think your stance is warranted. It's possible it works out, but Lee is currently competing with FIU and WSU's QBs for the backup role. Once that is settled, there will be a question as to whether Lee would be the #3. If not, he's probably in trouble (i.e. like Bryce Petty from Baylor at the Jets).
Zombie, does "fixed" mean you take the bet?

There's always movement after the rosters are reduced in late August. We'll see if Tanner gets another Practice Squad spot, as I think the limit is two years.

The march to 100 continues!
after two years, Tanner will go the same legal route as Kollin Kumpernikel and sue under the collusion statute ...( this is my contribution to the March to 100 )
This post makes zero sense. How do u even come up with a comparison between the two QB’s?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:00 pm This post makes zero sense. How do u even come up with a comparison between the two QB’s?
You're right, this makes no sense. There's little comparison between the two. Kapernick has played in the NFL, right up to a Super Bowl. Lee has watched from the practice squad, and didn't even make the "travel team" for the Jags.

They're both going to be on the outside looking in. Kapernick at least had a chance to play, and had enough talent to get a legitimate chance. I think he's talented enough to stay in the league, but has been black balled. Lee, on the other hand, better stand up for every national anthem he ever hears just to have a shot to make ANY practice squad again. Clearly one has a whole lot more talent than the other and Kapernick and his actions keep him out of the league. And he's already had a whole lot more in the NFL than Lee will likely see. He started a Super Bowl. Lee will be lucky to hold a clipboard for a post season team. More likely he'll play for the CFL or the new spring football league.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:09 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:00 pm This post makes zero sense. How do u even come up with a comparison between the two QB’s?
You're right, this makes no sense. There's little comparison between the two. Kapernick has played in the NFL, right up to a Super Bowl. Lee has watched from the practice squad, and didn't even make the "travel team" for the Jags.

They're both going to be on the outside looking in. Kapernick at least had a chance to play, and had enough talent to get a legitimate chance. I think he's talented enough to stay in the league, but has been black balled. Lee, on the other hand, better stand up for every national anthem he ever hears just to have a shot to make ANY practice squad again. Clearly one has a whole lot more talent than the other and Kapernick and his actions keep him out of the league. And he's already had a whole lot more in the NFL than Lee will likely see. He started a Super Bowl. Lee will be lucky to hold a clipboard for a post season team. More likely he'll play for the CFL or the new spring football league.
no need for comparisions...just a cause/mission... Kaepernick the PC cause./ mission.......Tanner the casue/mision to break 200 pages on GOTULA....and for gawds sake Lighten Up....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:22 pm

no need for comparisions...just a cause/mission... Kaepernick the PC cause./ mission.......Tanner the casue/mision to break 200 pages on GOTULA....and for gawds sake Lighten Up....
200 pages??!! :o :o :o
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:04 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:22 pm

200 pages??!! :o :o :o
Zero relevancy between the two.
Eaglewave
Swell

+1
Ball Sumrall!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Thursday August 8:
0-3 , one interception , sacked three times losing 17 yards .
The beat goes on .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Profoundwizard
Swell

This post makes zero sense.
You can say that about 99.9% of golfnut’s post.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Page 93?
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tanner's career may end before Labor Day. But this thread will march onward!
Jaxwave
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:34 pm Thursday August 8:
The beat goes on .
The int was a pick six, an exact duplicate of the one he threw against GT in his very first game (opening Yulman). Quick slant where LB stepped in front. Great talent, just has not been able to pick up his awareness of defenses. An int machine. May get cut this week.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:26 am Tanner's career may end before Labor Day. But this thread will march onward!
Let's hope he can hang on until at least the last roster cut--which may be a long shot if he keeps ginning out Pick 6s. A thorough analysis of each of his preseason performances should get us to the magical 100. :clap:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:46 am
DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:26 am Tanner's career may end before Labor Day. But this thread will march onward!
Let's hope he can hang on until at least the last roster cut--which may be a long shot if he keeps ginning out Pick 6s. A thorough analysis of each of his preseason performances should get us to the magical 100. :clap:
hang on Tanner...we're almost there
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:55 am
HoustonWave wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:46 am
hang on Tanner...we're almost there
That's right. Hang on Tanner, and you'll join the rare "100 Club"
wavemania
Surge

Kap was gven opportunuities to stay in the league. The douche bag didn't want to lay 2nd or 3rd string Good riddance, nothing but a cancer in the locker room. Harbaugh would still be at SF if he would have kept Alex Smith as his starter..
Aberzombie1892
Swell

wavemania wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:48 pm Kap was gven opportunuities to stay in the league. The douche bag didn't want to lay 2nd or 3rd string Good riddance, nothing but a cancer in the locker room. Harbaugh would still be at SF if he would have kept Alex Smith as his starter..
Kaepernick is good enough to start at about 30-50% of NFL teams even if he has not improved at all since the last time he was on the field.
Eaglewave
Swell

wavemania wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:48 pm Kap was gven opportunuities to stay in the league. The douche bag didn't want to lay 2nd or 3rd string Good riddance, nothing but a cancer in the locker room. Harbaugh would still be at SF if he would have kept Alex Smith as his starter..
I strongly disagree. Especially with your thoughts on Harbaugh on Alex Smith.
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

The beat goes on .

Beat goes on.

Damn Tanner, I actually want him to pull off a solid preseason game. I know he doesn’t have it, but it still would be cool.

I am sure Wave QB is loving this.
Ball Sumrall!
Wave755
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:37 pm
The beat goes on .

Beat goes on.

Damn Tanner, I actually want him to pull off a solid preseason game. I know he doesn’t have it, but it still would be cool.

I am sure Wave QB is loving this.
Almost the exact same pick six he threw against Ga. Tech for the inaugural game @ Yulman 5 years ago. :shakingno:
Show Me
Tsunami

A OL worse than the one he had at Tulane. Probably 3rd stringers. You can’t judge him by that. He had no time and was running for his life.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Show Me wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:54 am A OL worse than the one he had at Tulane. Probably 3rd stringers. You can’t judge him by that. He had no time and was running for his life.
To be fair, he was the worst of the three QBs that were drafted in 2018. Yes, they all had a tough time, but when you are 0-3 with an INT and 3 Sacks for 17 yard worth of loss, it's difficult to optimistic in regard to your capabilities.

Minshew - 7/14 for 46 yards, 1 sack for a 4 yard loss
McGough - 3/8 for 19 yards, 0 sacks
Lee - 0/3 for 0 yards, 1 pick 6, 3 sacks for 17 yards of loss

The numbers are pretty clear.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tanner...hit the film room...we only need 8 more pages
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:50 am Tanner...hit the film room...we only need 8 more pages
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We could have a bet as to whether or not Tanner gets cut before this thread reaches 100 pages! He's already been cut once, a year ago, but signed to the practice squad. I don't know that he gets the practice squad gig this year.