Serious Allegations involving Willie Fritz & Troy Dannen

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
TulaCutie
Ripple

TulaCutie
Ripple

The tweet by Crissy Froyd. Did he help cover it up?

greenie78
Riptide

Spicy allegations, but no substance to back it up.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:09 pm Spicy allegations, but no substance to back it up.
Ooof, agreed. That X post may have opened a can of worms for one of them.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm sure Crissy will be pressed for details and it may blow up for either or both Crissy Froyd and Coach Fritz. I wonder when this took place?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

While I feel truly sorry for her being raped, I'm equally concerned for what she's going to go through having brought this to the public attention seemingly a year or years later. Victims of sexual assault crimes don't speak out immediately for many reasons. She's brave to stand up and speak out. I hope she can find peace and healing.
Dave breslin
Swell

Is this similar to what got the Baylor coach in hot water and canned? Don’t know any of the particulars.
OUG
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:42 am Is this similar to what got the Baylor coach in hot water and canned? Don’t know any of the particulars.
She chose her words very deliberately IMO. She said that they took actions which could have negatively impacted her career.

My reading of this is that they handled the situation poorly in the process of investigating it and as a result exposed her privacy at a time she was not comfortable with this being public. That’s just speculation, but it doesn’t feel like she is accusing them of covering it up a la Baylor.

I feel terrible for her and I hope she is able to heal. And I hope Tulane looks into how they handled the situation internally and learns some lessons.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What nobody is talking about (and I'm sure most are curious) is who raped her? Is it a recent player or did this happen several years ago? Fritz and Dannen were here 7 years if my memory is accurate, a lot of players went through the program in that time. Again, I hope she heals and finds peace, and I am sickened that she was raped apparently by a Tulane player. But she brought it to light, and will have to answer the questions. This story is just starting to unfold. If the local media picks up on it, it will be a national story quickly. I cannot imagine during the dog days of summer this story not getting attention.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:14 am
Dave breslin wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:42 am Is this similar to what got the Baylor coach in hot water and canned? Don’t know any of the particulars.
She chose her words very deliberately IMO. She said that they took actions which could have negatively impacted her career.

My reading of this is that they handled the situation poorly in the process of investigating it and as a result exposed her privacy at a time she was not comfortable with this being public. That’s just speculation, but it doesn’t feel like she is accusing them of covering it up a la Baylor.

I feel terrible for her and I hope she is able to heal. And I hope Tulane looks into how they handled the situation internally and learns some lessons.
That’s my take as well. Hopefully it all comes to light and past wrongs are righted the best way for the alleged victim here. This may turn out to be similar to the Les Miles situation when he was at LSU.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I am sorry to hear that she has been the victim of such a horrific crime. Now that she has come out she needs to name names and give facts in order to protect others. Tulane needs to know was Fitts, the Board or anyone else still at Tulane involved. Houston needs to know. Nebraska needs to know.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
arkhou02
Surge

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:14 am I am sorry to hear that she has been the victim of such a horrific crime. Now that she has come out she needs to name names and give facts in order to protect others. Tulane needs to know was Fitts, the Board or anyone else still at Tulane involved. Houston needs to know. Nebraska needs to know.
Agree
MicMan
Swell

Didn't Dannen flee to Nebraska after permitting a Washington player accused of rape to take the field?
mbissanti
Surge

MicMan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:16 pm Didn't Dannen flee to Nebraska after permitting a Washington player accused of rape to take the field?
+1000 lather rinse repeat
Wave755
Tsunami

This could be real trouble for Fritz, even at a "lowlife" operation like Houston?
💣

And, hard to believe Fitts was in anyway involved, but Dannen?
HoustonWave
Green Wave

Are there any specific facts about what happened, and what Fritz and Dannen did or didn't do afterwards? Their level of vulnerability has to be a function of such specifics.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbissanti wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:36 am
MicMan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:16 pm Didn't Dannen flee to Nebraska after permitting a Washington player accused of rape to take the field?
+1000 lather rinse repeat
Very good point MicMan.

I don't understand why the local media, (ie: Kare Johnson, Guerry Smith, Seth Lewis and others) haven't jumped all over this story, as it's something that needs to have light shined on it, not pushed under the rug.
bbourne917
Trickle

New here (Class of '08). Joined because I saw her Tweet. I apologize for the length of this message, but I simply want to share some timelines (primarily Tweets and timestamps) for those who are curious.

I think there’s a lot of moving parts to this story. She made serious allegations in a public space, so she needs to be prepared for this to garner both public and media interest as well as be prepared to answer questions.

In thinking about the timeline…

Fritz was with Tulane from 2016 - 2023. Crissy graduated LSU in 2020. She has covered a lot of teams for different publications; Tulane dates back to 2022(?). On June 7, 2023, Crissy Tweeted: “For those who have been wondering why I’ve been largely inactive, I would like to explain. I was recently sexually assaulted by one of my best friends. You try to cope, but you can’t see past it for weeks or even feel human enough to move out of bed. I’m so looking forward to getting back to myself and connecting again with all of you.”

I don’t know if this means that Crissy was sexually assaulted by a best friend AND raped by a former Tulane player (two separate people and two separate incidents). Or, is this former best friend also the former Tulane player (one person, one incident)?

When she says “former player”, that could mean a lot of different things. #1) The former player had already graduated and/or left the program and the incident occurred after. To that, I’m curious why Fritz would jeopardize Crissy's career over an ex player no longer with the team. #2) The former player was from a previous school (doubtful since she later brings up Troy Dannen). #3) The former player is “former” because Fritz left for Houston, but the player remains at Tulane. #4) The player is former as in graduated/left in 2023. The latter two bring to question and open another can of worms: where and when Crissy and a player were in a space for this to happen. Crissy is young (24, almost 25) and I assume this former player is somewhat close in age. They could have been at a bar, a party, or - if this former player is the "best friend" - then just hanging out. Especially if #3 or #4 and "best friends", she will be questioned on her ethics (conflict of interest, professional boundaries, etc.).

Prior to her allegation, she had Tweeted “Looking forward to what Willie Fritz accomplishes at Houston” on December 2, 2023.

On July 14, 2023 (a little over a month after her tweet stating that her best friend sexually assaulted her), Crissy quote tweeted the following about Fritz:

On December 4, 2022, Crissy said “Hand Willie Fritz national coach of the year.”

And on November 29, 2022, Crissy stated that “Willie Fritz is one of the best people I’ve ever worked with…”

I wouldn’t sing someone’s praise or say they are one of the best people I’ve ever worked with if they tried to jeopardize my career. It leads me to believe that we are strictly looking at 2023...and maybe even November/December 2023 when something happened between Crissy/Fritz/Dannen. By comparison, her December 2023 Tweet was a little less enthusiastic in tone as previous Tweets about Fritz.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

bbourne welcome and thanks for the timeline. It is interesting and relevant, though certainly not something to come to conclusions about. Anyone know who she was close to on the team? I assume it to be a QB since she did a lot of work with QB's in her (short) career, but that could be a bad assumption. I'm also curious if you are just some random TU grad that's been lurking and decided to post, or if there are other motives involved? Do you know or are you close to anyone mentioned?

Thanks again for the informative post, no need to apologize for it's length, IMHO.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

D- the poster joined on 6-18-24. Poster also says they joined b/c of the tweet by Crissy. So on the face of it it does make one wonder if the poster has some connection to someone involved.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:59 pm D- the poster joined on 6-18-24. Poster also says they joined b/c of the tweet by Crissy. So on the face of it it does make one wonder if the poster has some connection to someone involved.
Thus the last two sentences of the first paragraph of my post asking exactly that question. Check ur pm.
bbourne917
Trickle

Hi DfromCT and winwave! (Not sure if there is a way to tag you in posts so you see a notification?).

I do not have a connection to someone involved. I understand how it would seem so, though. I've been out-of-state since I graduated, but just remained an avid fan. And I hope that it doesn't seem like I was taking any sort of side. My goal was to present what information is available. Although it looks like a lot of work and digging...it wasn't at all. 5 minutes at the most using Twitter's Advanced Search.

To make a long story short, I think there's a lot of us who, unfortunately, know someone who is the victim of some form of abuse or assault. In my circle, it was my cousin who is like a sister to me. But, I've also known someone falsely tied to allegations.

The interest in signing up stems more from the fact that these are serious allegations. My goal was to present what information is available to those who may not know how to use that Advanced Search. Crissy has been very open on Twitter. Of course - by contrast - a coach and AD are not going to be. Her Tweets are the only ones to go by at this point.

Sorry for any confusion.
TulaCutie
Ripple

bbourne917 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:45 pm New here (Class of '08). Joined because I saw her Tweet. I apologize for the length of this message, but I simply want to share some timelines (primarily Tweets and timestamps) for those who are curious.

I think there’s a lot of moving parts to this story. She made serious allegations in a public space, so she needs to be prepared for this to garner both public and media interest as well as be prepared to answer questions.

In thinking about the timeline…

Fritz was with Tulane from 2016 - 2023. Crissy graduated LSU in 2020. She has covered a lot of teams for different publications; Tulane dates back to 2022(?). On June 7, 2023, Crissy Tweeted: “For those who have been wondering why I’ve been largely inactive, I would like to explain. I was recently sexually assaulted by one of my best friends. You try to cope, but you can’t see past it for weeks or even feel human enough to move out of bed. I’m so looking forward to getting back to myself and connecting again with all of you.”

I don’t know if this means that Crissy was sexually assaulted by a best friend AND raped by a former Tulane player (two separate people and two separate incidents). Or, is this former best friend also the former Tulane player (one person, one incident)?

When she says “former player”, that could mean a lot of different things. #1) The former player had already graduated and/or left the program and the incident occurred after. To that, I’m curious why Fritz would jeopardize Crissy's career over an ex player no longer with the team. #2) The former player was from a previous school (doubtful since she later brings up Troy Dannen). #3) The former player is “former” because Fritz left for Houston, but the player remains at Tulane. #4) The player is former as in graduated/left in 2023. The latter two bring to question and open another can of worms: where and when Crissy and a player were in a space for this to happen. Crissy is young (24, almost 25) and I assume this former player is somewhat close in age. They could have been at a bar, a party, or - if this former player is the "best friend" - then just hanging out. Especially if #3 or #4 and "best friends", she will be questioned on her ethics (conflict of interest, professional boundaries, etc.).

Prior to her allegation, she had Tweeted “Looking forward to what Willie Fritz accomplishes at Houston” on December 2, 2023.

On July 14, 2023 (a little over a month after her tweet stating that her best friend sexually assaulted her), Crissy quote tweeted the following about Fritz:

On December 4, 2022, Crissy said “Hand Willie Fritz national coach of the year.”

And on November 29, 2022, Crissy stated that “Willie Fritz is one of the best people I’ve ever worked with…”

I wouldn’t sing someone’s praise or say they are one of the best people I’ve ever worked with if they tried to jeopardize my career. It leads me to believe that we are strictly looking at 2023...and maybe even November/December 2023 when something happened between Crissy/Fritz/Dannen. By comparison, her December 2023 Tweet was a little less enthusiastic in tone as previous Tweets about Fritz.
Please someone screenshot those tweets before they are deleted.
MicMan
Swell

Her LinkedIn makes no mention of Tulane. What's her connection?