Rich Rodriguez

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He can't get a HC job because of his sex scandal at Arizona. Good to know though that you think highly of his skills. You were very fond of ULL this season as they finished the season ranked #15. Yet you think in 3 years RR can help take a very downtrodden ULM and surpass ULL. It will be interesting for sure.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Yeah you right. And I thought U-La-La was a better team than Tulane was in 2020.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 am Yeah you right. And I thought U-La-La was a better team than Tulane was in 2020.
💤
Wave QB
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 am Yeah you right. And I thought U-La-La was a better team than Tulane was in 2020.
It’s unfortunate, but they would have beaten us convincingly.
Tulane1111
High Tide

Good article out there today, what if he had accepted the Alabama job, where would Saban been coaching. Apparently he was offered the job first.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:32 pm
It’s unfortunate, but they would have beaten us convincingly.
:wave: That's just what you said in December of 2018 for the Cure Bowl?🤷‍♂️ And, while I am no fan of LSWho, by both the AP & Coaches rankings ULALA should also defeat 'dem Tigggers? And, by the AP poll 🥳 ULALA, a 7 point victor over 'Mighty UTSA, would beat as well North Carolina :confused:? :D :) :lol:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:02 am :wave: That's just what you said in December of 2018 for the Cure Bowl?🤷‍♂️ And, while I am no fan of LSWho, by both the AP & Coaches rankings ULALA should also defeat 'dem Tigggers? And, by the AP poll 🥳 ULALA, a 7 point victor over 'Mighty UTSA, would beat as well North Carolina :confused:? :D :) :lol:
All I know is this: U-La-La played well for most of their games, we did not. They played much closer to 60 minutes which we did not in a single game. If we were to play our best game for 60 minutes, I think we beat the Cajuns. But we did not, not a single time this past season and thus I would expect to lose to them by 2 touchdowns or more. They would play at a higher level for a longer period of time than Tulane would. You cannot expect one team to all of the sudden play it's best for a full game when it never did. That's why the Cajuns were 10-1 and we were 6-6. That's why U-La-La was a better football team in 2020 than Tulane was. F the rankings, I have made no mention of them, other than U-La-La beating a team that's ranked higher than any we've defeated since I was an undergrad in the early 80's (never mind we later forfeited that win). (And ISU wasn't ranked because of the 2020 craziness, they've been ranked consistently the past few years.) The Cajuns were plain and simply the better team. You are either blind or blinded by your rivalry since you hate U-La-La.

Please show me where I said UL-L was a better team before the cure bowl. Your full of crap on that one. I may have said they deserve more respect than you gave (surprised?) but didn't say they were a better team in 2018 as they clearly were without a doubt in 2020.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:29 am
Wave755 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:02 am
Please show me where I said UL-L was a better team before the cure bowl. Your full of crap on that one. I may have said they deserve more respect than you gave (surprised?) but didn't say they were a better team in 2018 as they clearly were without a doubt in 2020.
Actually, my reply was to ULALA lover Wave QB! :D :thumbup: :wave:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 pm He can't get a HC job because of his sex scandal at Arizona. Good to know though that you think highly of his skills. You were very fond of ULL this season as they finished the season ranked #15. Yet you think in 3 years RR can help take a very downtrodden ULM and surpass ULL. It will be interesting for sure.
Sexual lawsuit has been dismissed, NOT, settled out of court. There was also zero evidence of an alleged hostile workplace
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -dismissed
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:38 am
winwave wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 pm He can't get a HC job because of his sex scandal at Arizona. Good to know though that you think highly of his skills. You were very fond of ULL this season as they finished the season ranked #15. Yet you think in 3 years RR can help take a very downtrodden ULM and surpass ULL. It will be interesting for sure.
Sexual lawsuit has been dismissed, NOT, settled out of court. There was also zero evidence of an alleged hostile workplace
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -dismissed
Good for him. This is what I was responding to to put it in context:

We knew his star had fallen. Despite some saying he should be the next HC here every time Fritz's agent leaks that U of Nowhere is interested, Rich Rod couldn't get a HC job anywhere. He's now the OC at UL-M. No, not even UL-L. UL-M.

https://crescentcitysports.com/rich-rod ... ordinator/

It does look interesting that Terry Bowden has RR as his OC. UL-M will beat UL-L in 3 or 4 years, if these two stay that long.

Now we can hire him as HC.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tragedy for RR and others.
The recent Alabama shooting resulted in death of one of his recruits.
https://www.wvtm13.com/article/rich-rod ... g/43612496
Philstavious "Phil" Dowdell was one of the four victims in the fatal shooting that took place in Dadeville at a 16th birthday party.

The young multi-sport athlete had recently committed to play football at Jacksonville State University. Head football coach at JSU Rich Rodriguez shared this statement online following the news that Phil had died:

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Philstavious Dowdell and the other victims of the senseless tragedy last night. He was a great young man with a bright future. My staff and I are heartbroken and hope that everyone will support his family through this difficult time.”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Makes the list.
Current Top 25 coaches in the country
https://theathletic.com/5316941/2024/03 ... ed_article
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

And to think, in 1998 RR got "beat out" for the Tulane head coaching job to Georgia's offensive line coach?

Thanks for nothing Scott, and "only at Tulane."
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's still as fiery as ever.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:27 am And to think, in 1998 RR got "beat out" for the Tulane head coaching job to Georgia's offensive line coach?

Thanks for nothing Scott, and "only at Tulane."
next...an extension for Ron Hunter....SC lives !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !