Rick Dickson 3 year deal AD Tulsa

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Jaxwave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:20 pm A highlight with RD I’ll always remember occurred at the 2005 Super Regional at Turchin Game 1 vs Rice. Rick came and stood with us Railbirds down the 1st base line just past the Rice dugout. He happened to be the first person on the rail. One of the Rice hitters crushed a liner foul right at us. We all ducked out the way. Dickson stuck out his bare hand and caught it. To this day I’ve never seen that done from such a close range. He acted like it was no big deal. I’ll never forget that because someone could have been badly injured.
I think he may have played baseball in college. Not sure.
I was sitting along third base line one windy spring afternoon in the early 70s in those old high school like bleachers. The wind was blowing out to RF about 15 mph when a foul pop up was hit directly behind the stands back over the tennis courts. I leaned my head directly back over my head figuring there was a chance the ball might come back. Everyone was settled back into their seats alongside, in front and in back of me when the ball came back down directly into my lap. I caught the ball with both hands while exclaiming something like Holy Crap. Nobody believed me that it was the foul ball just hit until I showed them my hands which were very red and starting to swell. Everyone then stood and cheered for me which was not good as I had to give the ball back to the ball boy.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:35 pm Ok. Since we’re giving Dickson love I’ll tell my story. I first met him at the Yulman Stadium presentation open house with the neighbors. Told him I had been a lifetime Tulane season ticket holder and had seats on the 48 yard line since the Tulane Stadium days and I wanted to keep my seats. He told me to just request them again and “PLEDGE” the $10,000 required Glazer Club donation. I did so and like many others never figured out how to make good on my pledge :confused: :confused: :confused:
For that I’ll always have a soft spot for that man. But Fu Cowen!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.