Frank Monica

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to our former assistant FB coach. As Comets name “Frank Monica Field”

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Nice honor for a great football coach and man. Tulane football should have found a way to keep this guy on just about every staff they had.
MicMan
Swell

It's the last scrimmage of 1981 spirng practice, the week after the spring game in Slidell. I'm on the White team with Charlie, another kicker. Monica had been out of town the week before and hadn't coached special teams, so Charlie and I worked out the kicking ourselves, alternating extra points/field goals, We did the same thing the next week, Monica never spoke to us in warm-ups or during the week. So there's a score, and I start to run out for the XP. Monica grabs me and says, "No, Charlie kicks this one." Charlie and I just look at each other and start explaining our set-up. Monica just says, :"Charlie." The play clock's running down. Charlie sprints out but the snap comes as he barely finishes setting up, and he rushes and misses the kick.

That's my Frank Monica story.
greenphantom
Swell

Great guy. Had him for PE at Jesuit my Soph year in 88-89. It was a small class, 9 people so he would play some pickup with us to make 10. He was a lot quicker than he looked.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:18 am It's the last scrimmage of 1981 spirng practice, the week after the spring game in Slidell. I'm on the White team with Charlie, another kicker. Monica had been out of town the week before and hadn't coached special teams, so Charlie and I worked out the kicking ourselves, alternating extra points/field goals, We did the same thing the next week, Monica never spoke to us in warm-ups or during the week. So there's a score, and I start to run out for the XP. Monica grabs me and says, "No, Charlie kicks this one." Charlie and I just look at each other and start explaining our set-up. Monica just says, :"Charlie." The play clock's running down. Charlie sprints out but the snap comes as he barely finishes setting up, and he rushes and misses the kick.

That's my Frank Monica story.
Played "Legion" ball against Frank in the summer of '65... East Jeff had two "Legion' teams at the time... I played on the JV team, Post 267....we traveled to Godchaux High...Monica was their pitcher, that is my Monica story.....the other EJ legion team had future TU players Bob Thomas and Steve Walton, they also had Barry Raziano, who later pitched for the Mets and Angels on their team...too bad Tulane could not find a place for Frank on every football coaching staff
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !