Jason Rollins

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Scott Kushner ‏@ScottDKushner now3 seconds ago
I wish Jason Rollins the best of luck in San Antonio. Big loss for #Tulane but he was loyal to the Green Wave for a long time.

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/statu ... 7543114753

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
JerseyWave
Riptide

WTF......this is not a forward career move. Wilson is probably going to try to recruit exclusively in Louisiana from deep in the heart of Texas. Fritz should make a big offer to Jabbar Juluke who was just hired by Texas Tech!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Rollins will be joined by FRANK SCELFO who has been named UTSA OC, per Football Scoop.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RobertM320
Green Wave

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Frank Wilson will get to see how the other half lives. For one thing, he's going to have to throw away his entire recruiting list, because none of the kids he was recruiting for LSU are going to flip to UTSA. Also, he's going to find it a lot harder recruiting to C-USA as compared to the SEC.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Defensive backs coach Jason Rollins, the only Johnson assistant Fritz retained when he was hired in December, confirmed Wednesday night he was leaving to join the staff of new University of Texas at San Antonio coach Frank Wilson as assistant head coach/secondary coach, a move he said was too good to pass up.

Rollins already has been deleted from the staff directory on Tulane’s official website, with the secondary coach listed as TBA.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/latestspo ... vers-coach
LOL. Wes Fritz in charge of Tulane's official website?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Jonathan
Riptide

Dumpy non academic low tier university at UTSA in the worst conference in the nation the Sunbelt. Good luck but do not count on it!
puffy
Surge

Best of luck to Rollins as it appears to be a promotion, at least in name/title. He misses out on seeing Tulane operate under a real deal coaching staff and athletic director. Would've liked to have kept him on staff, but the addition of Nagle becomes that much more important for recruiting Louisiana.

I don't know if Lionel Washington has anything in the works for next season yet, but I wouldn't mind him being brought back to replace Rollins.
Jonathan
Riptide

Our new AD and football coach blew it with Jason. He should have not been announced until he was under written contract. Sad and embarrassing for Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sorry to see him go. I would have liked to see him coach w/a good staff for once.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:Dumpy non academic low tier university at UTSA in the worst conference in the nation the Sunbelt. Good luck but do not count on it!
... UTSA is in C-USA, not the Sunbelt
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:WTF......this is not a forward career move. Wilson is probably going to try to recruit exclusively in Louisiana from deep in the heart of Texas. Fritz should make a big offer to Jabbar Juluke who was just hired by Texas Tech!
I do not think Jaluke will leave TX Tech... but you never know, Tech is in dire need of defensive assistants, and I am sure he is going to be paid fairly well. I wish Jason all the best, he has the Title of "Assistant Head Coach" so on paper it is a move upward...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I spoke to Jason at the Bruno's function. I got the impression something wasn't right.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:I spoke to Jason at the Bruno's function. I got the impression something wasn't right.
Seems like something was amiss because otherwise something doesn't make sense. Unless Fritz is a flop, hard to see how this is a smart move on paper.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

jonathanjoseph wrote:
tpstulane wrote:I spoke to Jason at the Bruno's function. I got the impression something wasn't right.
Seems like something was amiss because otherwise something doesn't make sense. Unless Fritz is a flop, hard to see how this is a smart move on paper.
People were coming up to him and were happy he made the "cut" for the third time. I wonder how many recruits he was involved with decommitted?
Maybe he'll take them to UTSA.
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

I'm more concerned with the five carryover recruits Coach Fritz retained from Coach Rollins' efforts.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DrBox
Riptide

This doesn't surprise me. Fritz for better or worse (hopefully for better) is really bringing in his guys on the staff. He may have felt like an outsider. We also probably had to cut some of his recruits loose which is never comfortable.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:
This doesn't surprise me. Fritz for better or worse (hopefully for better) is really bringing in his guys on the staff. He may have felt like an outsider. We also probably had to cut some of his recruits loose which is never comfortable.
Good analysis. That's exactly how I thought. Especially the part about being an outsider and cutting loose his recruits.
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:WTF......this is not a forward career move. Wilson is probably going to try to recruit exclusively in Louisiana from deep in the heart of Texas. Fritz should make a big offer to Jabbar Juluke who was just hired by Texas Tech!
Why isn't this a forward career move? Just curious to hear your point.
Ball Sumrall!
sader24
Tsunami

Rollins is an up and coming recruiter. Major schools are dropping major dollars on coaches who are essentially recruiting coordinators. Wilson was making just under $700K at LSU. I'm assuming that's what Rollins is trying to become next and building up connections in both South Louisiana and South/Central Texas is probably a good idea as is going to coach under a guy who is widely considered the best recruiter in the country. The move makes complete sense to me and is honestly a pretty smart one. He'll prob get 2 or 3 years under Wilson and then be in line for a job at an SEC/Big 12 school. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see Wilson get UTSA a bowl game in year 1.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Eaglewave wrote:

He basically is taking the same role at San Antonio that he had at Tulane in a lower conference. If he is a great recruiter, then an SEC school would have picked him up next. Instead, he's working for CJ2 in a foreign state.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:

He basically is taking the same role at San Antonio that he had at Tulane in a lower conference. If he is a great recruiter, then an SEC school would have picked him up next. Instead, he's working for CJ2 in a foreign state.
upon further review, if he is such an ace recruiter, why did Less Miles not make him an offer, you would think the transition between Wilson and Rollins at LSU would have been very smooth... I have a feeling that Fritz and Rollins did not agree on who should be asked/told to de-commit and this reeks of CJ 's playing time policy...if so...Jason enjoy the hills of San Antonio, it is lovely
Jaxwave
Swell

Sader, I respect your opinion as much as anybody's and there's no question about the perception that Wilson is very good...but don't you think you and I could recruit great for LSU in this state with no in state competition. Find me the guy who recruits well at a school without a monopoly in its home state and I'll go with him as the best.
Of course, I've got to be honest, I think they are all cheating their butts off.
puffy
Surge

While I respect the job Rollins did here at Tulane and managing to stay employed through two head coaching changes, I'm having a difficult time accepting the fact that he was an ace recruiter for Tulane. I don't believe Tulane was recruiting any better under CJ than they were under the last half of Scelfo's tenure at Tulane. He wasn't a Trooper Taylor-level recruiter (who, btw, is currently DBacks coach at Arkansas State...just sayin').
Show Me
Tsunami

I like him and won't say a bad word about him. I hope he finds his way to a HC job. I can see Frank Wilson being a successful HC without being a coordinator first.