Dr. Bobby Brown dies

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
MicMan
Swell

Former American League president and cardiologist, Korean War vet and Tulane med school grad. Oh, yeah, helped the Yankees win four World Series while playing 3B.

https://www.mlb.com/news/dr-bobby-brown ... ident-dies

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RIP in Dr Brown....my thoughts and prayers for you and your Family
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

That’s a hell of a life. But didn’t even go to space ? Pshhhh slacker

Surprised he didn’t run for office
winwave
Top of the WAVE

May he rest in peace. Talk about recency bias. He should have has his number retired long ago. Best MLB career of any Tulane player. Get it right Tulane.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:26 pm May he rest in peace. Talk about recency bias. He should have has his number retired long ago. Best MLB career of any Tulane player. Get it right Tulane.
Absolutely. Definitely a shame he would get to come to campus for the ceremony. He convinced the Tulane medical school dean to let him pursue pro ball while still studying for his medical degree. He also had a fellowship at Tulane, definitely an incredible guy. He was also the president of the Texas rangers for a bit
Jaxwave
Swell

Not retiring his number just another example of apathy towards sports by the Tulane administration.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I was doing some research on his Tulane days and found this. He met his future wife at Newcomb. The last paragraph is a gem!
After driving back to Tulane after the successful 1949 Series, Bobby met the love of his life, Sara Kathryn French. A Newcomb College psychology major and Tulane‟s 1950 homecoming queen, Sara was a member of Pi Beta Phi sorority and Bobby was a Deke. According to Bobby, this Dallas beauty “was perfect; she was wonderful.” After successfully proposing to Sara, he coached her on closing the deal with her parents:
“Tell your father I‟m a third baseman for the Yankees,” he said. “Tell your mother I‟m in medical school.”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Props to coach Rick Jones for sharing this with me. He said coach Schloss was good friends with Bobby and attended the same church.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave Fan
Low Tide

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:56 pm Not retiring his number just another example of apathy towards sports by the Tulane administration.
This might need to be brought to President Fitts attention.
Show Me
Tsunami

Great thread.
ajcalhoun
Swell

A life well lived.
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:58 am I was doing some research on his Tulane days and found this. He met his future wife at Newcomb. The last paragraph is a gem!
After driving back to Tulane after the successful 1949 Series, Bobby met the love of his life, Sara Kathryn French. A Newcomb College psychology major and Tulane‟s 1950 homecoming queen, Sara was a member of Pi Beta Phi sorority and Bobby was a Deke. According to Bobby, this Dallas beauty “was perfect; she was wonderful.” After successfully proposing to Sara, he coached her on closing the deal with her parents:
“Tell your father I‟m a third baseman for the Yankees,” he said. “Tell your mother I‟m in medical school.”
This is amazing ! Truly a legend and a (brilliant) gentleman !