Mack Brown

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

If Hall moves on after this season, I hope Fritz calls Lincoln Riley and Kliff Kingsbury for OC recommendations.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

An interesting dichotomy is that Darrell Royal was the one (as a paid Tulane consultant) who advised Mack to seek a job at a university that starts with a "The", yet Royal's other words and actions (retiring at 52) highlight the misery of head coaching at a university that starts with a "The". Fritz might want to think about that, if pondering any future offers.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:00 am If Hall moves on after this season, I hope Fritz calls Lincoln Riley and Kliff Kingsbury for OC recommendations.
why call the students, when U can call the teacher..Hal Mumme, or better yet, hire the teacher
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:59 am
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:00 am If Hall moves on after this season, I hope Fritz calls Lincoln Riley and Kliff Kingsbury for OC recommendations.
why call the students, when U can call the teacher..Hal Mumme, or better yet, hire the teacher
Can you imagine the offensive show that Mumme could put together with our offensive talent? A sure fire QB would help, and I'm hoping that Howard becomes a pleasant surprise.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:09 am
An interesting dichotomy is that Darrell Royal was the one (as a paid Tulane consultant) who advised Mack to seek a job at a university that starts with a "The", yet Royal's other words and actions (retiring at 52) highlight the misery of head coaching at a university that starts with a "The". Fritz might want to think about that, if pondering any future offers.
Our official name is "The Tulane University of Louisiana."
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:40 pm
Indeed. But Royal wasn't considering Tulane's official name when recommended that Mack find a "The" school. We can reemphasize our "The", but will need to start acting more like a "The".
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:51 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:40 pm
Indeed. But Royal wasn't considering Tulane's official name when recommended that Mack find a "The" school. We can reemphasize our "The", but will need to start acting more like a "The".
Agreed.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

"amateurism' is dead...never goin to be seen again... SMU wuz ahead of the curve
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/north-ca ... rism-again
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He calls for a separation of divisions leaving G5's behind:

"We’ve all got to get together. I wish our leadership would be more of a group," Brown told SI. "We’ve got people making decisions that are making decisions for the whole. You can’t make the same decisions for Division II like you do the Power 5. We’re doing that, and it doesn’t work. Even FCS. Even Group of 5. There’s not as much money. We need to separate divisions."
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

assholes like him are ruining college football! I said it from the beginning that NIL was also going to cause big problems and it is. The money hungry whores have nothing in mind but their pockets.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Awful
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
dpm wave
Swell

Doesn't Fox "news" require a some sort of disclaimer at this point??
Houma de Wave
Swell

That’s terrible.
arkhou02
High Tide

I really could care less what Mack Brown has to say. Last time I looked, we were ranked a lot higher than that overrated program in Chapel Hill. Why is he even coaching still?
wave97
Swell

Doesn't surprise me at all. Mack Brown may be 72 years old, but he's not dumb. He's concerned about the status of his conference if/when Clemson & Florida State decide to bolt from the ACC to join the Big 0 & the SEC for some unnamed Uber Conference.
This future conference has decided to include half of it's membership from the hollowed out shell of the industrial Mid-West & Northeast. There should be performance based relegation for entry & exit to the top conference to weed out the Vandy's & most of the current "Big 10" .
A 16 team post season play off would be lovely for every FBS conference champion (11). A 5 team group of top ranked conference losers should be spared. There already is plenty of room for the countless shit bird bowls by separating into a post season football version of the NIT while sparing a few into something akin to the football version of the NCAA tournament.
I know this will be wildly popular & I also know that it will never happen.
Right Mack? You slimy slithering little bastard!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NCAA...U azz holes are a major disappointment
https://www.si.com/college/2023/09/07/n ... ligibility
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

How Mack became the recruiting King of Texas and the nation.
The best article I’ve ever read on Mack. Amazing how he excelled in the beginning of early recruitment called “Junior Day”.
https://theathletic.com/5318851/2024/03 ... ed_article
Outside of Mack Brown’s office on Feb. 24, 2007, two blue-chip high school quarterback recruits waited to hear whether they’d receive a coveted scholarship offer from the Texas Longhorns.

Riley Dodge, a gunslinger from perennial Texas prep power Southlake Carroll High, waited eagerly. Sitting on a couch nearby was a Houston-area multi-sport athlete with a golden arm and NFL bloodlines. His name? Andrew Luck.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Tulane Green Wave Football Promotional Film (1985) from 39 years ago starring Mack Brown:

Enjoy the video fellow "old timers" and for our Gen X and Millennial members a little Green Wave history. And notice, the SuperDome was celebrated rather than blamed by the then likes of a Scott Cowen for any decline in Tulane football interest? And notice, metallic lime as a Green Wave color is nowhere to be seen?
🤔😁🌊
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am Tulane Green Wave Football Promotional Film (1985) from 39 years ago starring Mack Brown:

Enjoy the video fellow "old timers" and for our Gen X and Millennial members a little Green Wave history. And notice, the SuperDome was celebrated rather than blamed by the then likes of a Scott Cowen for any decline in Tulane football interest? And notice, metallic lime as a Green Wave color is nowhere to be seen?
🤔😁🌊
What a different world it was back then.
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am
Wave755 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am Tulane Green Wave Football Promotional Film (1985) from 39 years ago starring Mack Brown:

🤔😁🌊
What a different world it was back then.
Seems like 5 lifetimes ago, and a well-done promotional film for Tulane & New Orleans. A young Mack Brown, Eamon Kelly & Dr. Roch Hontas, really brings back a lot of memories, fun to watch.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

🤔😁🌊
Outstanding find! First time I can ever recall seeing this. I definitely remember when I was in school the University academically was in the top 25 and now we have proof!
Tulane Class of 1981
Citypark
Ripple

This was a super promotional video that brings to mine wonderful memories. I was also pleased to see those beautiful traditional dark green uniforms. They were the best look in college football. Unfortunately we seem bent on stressing baby blue. We are the GREEN Wave not North Carolina want-a-bees.

Roll GREEN Wave!!!
BC Wave
Swell

And the kids stayed off of my front lawn!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The first player that speaks right after Eamon Kelly gushes about Mack Brown wanting the players to have a true college experience, looks just like Josh Remetich. Changing subjects, I didn't realize Ken Karcher played for Mack.