Tulane Players in the 2020 NFL Draft

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:22 am Recruit, retain and develop:

https://crescentcitysports.com/keyes-an ... l-program/
But let's narrow the gap between the P5's and Tulane recruiting, which is wider than the muddy Mississippi. LSU had more points in last weekend's NFL draft than our whole conference, by a HUGE margin.

Or, putting it bluntly like those of us from the Northeast do, they shamed not only Tulane, but our whole conference.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:15 pm Pratt will probably get playing time this season.
Likely so. Fritz has lamented this offseason about not getting more meaningful playing time for Howard in order to have him prepared for this year. So I would expect he wouldn't repeat that when it comes to Pratt. The only way that changes is if we get a quality grad transfer with two years of eligibility.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:07 pm
greenie78 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:15 pm Pratt will probably get playing time this season.
Likely so. Fritz has lamented this offseason about not getting more meaningful playing time for Howard in order to have him prepared for this year. So I would expect he wouldn't repeat that when it comes to Pratt. The only way that changes is if we get a quality grad transfer with two years of eligibility.
I have a feeling he may eventually get the starting job during the season assuming Howard doesn’t get the passing game going. Hopefully Howard is able to come out strong being in his second season under Hall.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:58 am
I have a feeling he may eventually get the starting job during the season assuming Howard doesn’t get the passing game going. Hopefully Howard is able to come out strong being in his second season under Hall.
I expect Howard to be a lot like McM: Flashes of brilliance and a whole lot of mediocrity. As most of us agree, taking the next step at the QB position is critical if we're going to contend. Without improved QB play, we're another middle of the AAC pack team.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:57 am
I expect Howard to be a lot like McM: Flashes of brilliance and a whole lot of mediocrity. As most of us agree, taking the next step at the QB position is critical if we're going to contend. Without improved QB play, we're another middle of the AAC pack team.
Pretty much how I feel. i will also add that we need to start signing higher end freshman WRs. LA is loaded with athletes, yes some are still skeptical of a run first offense but GT still signed plenty of high end WRs running the option. I don’t understand the lack of WR talent.
It’s a bit a chicken and egg with the QB and WR signings.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:48 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:57 am
Pretty much how I feel. i will also add that we need to start signing higher end freshman WRs. LA is loaded with athletes, yes some are still skeptical of a run first offense but GT still signed plenty of high end WRs running the option. I don’t understand the lack of WR talent.
It’s a bit a chicken and egg with the QB and WR signings.
+1
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

And the funny thing is, CJ's regime was the first to have issues finding talented WR's. As we know, he was/is a WR coach!
Wave755
Tsunami

Below a really great Bears.com article on both Darnell Mooney and Tulane. https://www.chicagobears.com/news/moone ... ars-rookie
I think Darnell will get it done for ‘da Bears. :D
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks. Looking forward to see him make it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.