Eddie Smith

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 am To recap: We want to hire a guy who first year on the job thought it was OK to screw a co-worker while his wife was expecting their child and now can only get a HS job, apparently because he knows everything about dumbbells. How very Tulane.
Hopefully we hire the best baseball person available. Because of his unwise personal choices we may have a shot to get a Tulane Hall of Famer and Yankee as an assistant coach. Tulane accepts convicted murderers in their law school. So hiring Andy shouldn’t be a problem.

The guy actually turned out well as Andy will.
https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/ ... 6c878.html

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 am
MicMan wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 am To recap: We want to hire a guy who first year on the job thought it was OK to screw a co-worker while his wife was expecting their child and now can only get a HS job, apparently because he knows everything about dumbbells. How very Tulane.
Hopefully we hire the best baseball person available. Because of his unwise personal choices we may have a shot to get a Tulane Hall of Famer and Yankee as an assistant coach. Tulane accepts convicted murderers in their law school. So hiring Andy shouldn’t be a problem.

Well, that's some tortured logic: Two wrongs make a regional.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

And worse of all, we hired an egotistical buffoon as the university president for 18 years. It's hard to imagine any future hire could hurt Tulane like Baby Huey did.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Crickets. Funny.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:38 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:10 pm
sader24 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:01 pm
McWave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:24 pm I reverse my previous position on AC if this goes thru and if ES was the cause. Really, July to take a "volunteer" position. Thanks ES. Even if TJ gets canned next year, ES would do better to get a full time "paid" position at a D1 school at the close of the 2020 season.

But AC needs to come in and be a team player for a few years. I think TJ has the cover of a late departure to get it done. I think we could out pay the HS gig he has now. I would like to see AC battle "volunteer" coach in the recruiting trenches.

That said, if was my understanding TJ was the Vandy hitting coach and did the same at TU as well s head coach.
Cannizzaro is making $120k to coach at Holy Cross this year. Lots of coaches over there aren’t happy about it. As I understand it, it’s a 1-2yr gig and he’s heading back to college. I doubted the $120k figure myself, but it’s factual.
I’d heard 100k, didn’t believe it either. Crazy.
I heard 2 years Total $120,000 ($60K a year)
This guy sucks. End of story. He stinks. Really consider his actions at Miss St, with an absolute dream job on the line.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 am Eddie going after it
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 237d6.html
interesting few lines...Maneri "hired" him as a "volunteer"....how does that work ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

So because the law school accepted a felon that justifies any other Tulane hire? Complete nonsense. Talk about a joke straw-man.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:54 pm

So because the law school accepted a felon that justifies any other Tulane hire? Complete nonsense. Talk about a joke straw-man.
Tulane claims to strive for diversity and second chances. Perfect opportunity to prove it.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:47 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:36 am Eddie going after it
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 237d6.html
interesting few lines...Maneri "hired" him as a "volunteer"....how does that work ?
He’ll make more running LSU camps and giving private lessons then he would be making here as a “paid” employee.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

You can't permit someone with a history of committing adultery while his wife is pregnant with their child to have any sort of leadership role in your school or community. This could set a moral precedent for the highest offices in the land. Oh wait....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:58 pm You can't permit someone with a history of committing adultery while his wife is pregnant with their child to have any sort of leadership role in your school or community. This could set a moral precedent for the highest offices in the land. Oh wait....
Hire the best person available. Screw the political correct police.
Relax Andy’s not interested.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:58 pm You can't permit someone with a history of committing adultery while his wife is pregnant with their child to have any sort of leadership role in your school or community. This could set a moral precedent for the highest offices in the land. Oh wait....
leave Bill and Hillary out of this...neither one can hit a curve or slider
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:00 pm
Hire the best person available. Screw the political correct police.
Relax Andy’s not interested.
For the record, I would be in favor of hiring Andy C. I just wanted to point out that we appear somewhat duplicitous in applying (and ignoring) moral standards when they suit our agenda.
Profoundwizard
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:33 pm
McWave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:24 pm I reverse my previous position on AC if this goes thru and if ES was the cause. Really, July to take a "volunteer" position. Thanks ES. Even if TJ gets canned next year, ES would do better to get a full time "paid" position at a D1 school at the close of the 2020 season.

But AC needs to come in and be a team player for a few years. I think TJ has the cover of a late departure to get it done. I think we could out pay the HS gig he has now. I would like to see AC battle "volunteer" coach in the recruiting trenches.

That said, if was my understanding TJ was the Vandy hitting coach and did the same at TU as well s head coach.
Cannizzaro is making $120k to coach at Holy Cross this year. Lots of coaches over there aren’t happy about it. As I understand it, it’s a 1-2yr gig and he’s heading back to college. I doubted the $120k figure myself, but it’s factual.
This guy sucks. End of story. He stinks. Really consider his actions at Miss St, with an absolute dream job on the line.
“Let him who is without sin cast the first stone” isn’t that about adultery?
Get over yourself.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:59 pm

Get over yourself.
Amen, Pro. If we apply the “ without sin”
standard, half the Tulane faculty and administration would have to be flushed—as would much of the college world faculties .
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Andy will never be a coach at Tulane for good reason and it has nothing to do with “just” an affair. Andy had an affair with a subordinate athletic department employee, which could expose a university to major litigation. Furthermore Andy disobeyed his boss when the MSU AD found out about it and told him to stop. That was another chance right there that Andy was given by the AD and he blew it. Also Andy was on his cell phone with his side piece during the ball game and he brings in the pitcher without telling him to warm up first in the bullpen because he forgot as he was attending to other “issues.” At this point it was obvious he should not be in the dug out coaching college baseball any longer. Lastly several MSU players went to the AD and complained about Andy’s lack of focus and attention paid to them in practice before the start of his final season. It is not for any moralistic but instead for these very practical reasons that I do not want Andy coaching at Tulane.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:28 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:59 pm

Get over yourself.
Amen, Pro. If we apply the “ without sin”
standard, half the Tulane faculty and administration would have to be flushed—as would much of the college world faculties .
If only it was about adultery. How about:
1) Adultery with a subordinate
2) Adultery with a subordinate in the first year of one of the best jobs in your chosen field
3) Adultery with a subordinate while your wife, whom you already have two kids at home with, is freakin pregnant.
4) Communicating with your mistress in the dam dugout during a game
5) Lying to your boss when he throws out a life line. All while you have to be a fool to not know ur company issued cell will be checked.
6) supposedly using company dollars to fuel your cheating (i.e. hotels etc).

This guy is a borderline sociopath. He used his position to get what he wanted, then lied....all while he had a family and pregnant wife at home. Not a single player or coach came to his defense, yikes.
I am far from perfect, but his actions are way way over the top.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I’m going to be straight up with you, if he can win, I don’t really care about stuff from the past. If you’d rather have a choir boy and lose, go right ahead.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Profoundwizard I gave you very practical reasons in my post above why Andy will never be the coach at Tulane and my reasons had nothing to do with morality. Conversely it had everything to do with how Andy negatively impacted the MSU baseball team, the athletic department, and the university. I would suggest you reread what I posted and reply with something of substance instead of the irrelevant nonsense you just posted.
Profoundwizard
Swell

The year before he had a great impact on the players and University. I’ll take a guy who fucked up and is looking to rebound and prove himself again.

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunamiwave
High Tide

LOL so Andy has one good year and then completely screws over his players in only his second year at MSU and you are ready to let him coach at Tulane? This is embarassing!! Andy is the Bobby Petrino version of college baseball and Louisville just fired Petrino for letting the program go to hell in a hand basket. Petrino is a smart and talented football mind but had major issues. For the record I want Tulane to fire Jewett but there is no way I want Andy to even get near the program. There are many other highly qualified candidates for the job that would do great at Tulane.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Bobby Petrino did a good job at every stop except the NFL.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:55 pm Bobby Petrino did a good job at every stop except the NFL.
I am forever in his debt just for this meme,

God Bless Everyone!
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Petrino did a horrible job last year at Louisville. He went 2 and 8 before getting fired because he essentially quit on the team. The team was in complete disarray and things were going down hill fast. Louisville decided things were so bad they had to fire Petrino even though the university owes him more than fourteen million dollars based on his contract. I sure hope we never see Andy Cannizaro aka the baseball version of Bobby Petrino at Tulane. That could turn out to be a complete fiasco and embarrassment as was Bobby Petrino.