Eddie Smith

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:38 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:10 pm
sader24 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:01 pm
McWave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:24 pm I reverse my previous position on AC if this goes thru and if ES was the cause. Really, July to take a "volunteer" position. Thanks ES. Even if TJ gets canned next year, ES would do better to get a full time "paid" position at a D1 school at the close of the 2020 season.

But AC needs to come in and be a team player for a few years. I think TJ has the cover of a late departure to get it done. I think we could out pay the HS gig he has now. I would like to see AC battle "volunteer" coach in the recruiting trenches.

That said, if was my understanding TJ was the Vandy hitting coach and did the same at TU as well s head coach.
Cannizzaro is making $120k to coach at Holy Cross this year. Lots of coaches over there aren’t happy about it. As I understand it, it’s a 1-2yr gig and he’s heading back to college. I doubted the $120k figure myself, but it’s factual.
I’d heard 100k, didn’t believe it either. Crazy.
I heard 2 years Total $120,000 ($60K a year)
If AC is making 120 G's a year...The Vatican must have opened their vaults..... 60 g's I can understand...but 120,000 I have some doubts

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:24 pm I reverse my previous position on AC if this goes thru and if ES was the cause. Really, July to take a "volunteer" position. Thanks ES. Even if TJ gets canned next year, ES would do better to get a full time "paid" position at a D1 school at the close of the 2020 season.

But AC needs to come in and be a team player for a few years. I think TJ has the cover of a late departure to get it done. I think we could out pay the HS gig he has now. I would like to see AC battle "volunteer" coach in the recruiting trenches.

That said, if was my understanding TJ was the Vandy hitting coach and did the same at TU as well s head coach.
Cannizzaro is making $120k to coach at Holy Cross this year. Lots of coaches over there aren’t happy about it. As I understand it, it’s a 1-2yr gig and he’s heading back to college. I doubted the $120k figure myself, but it’s factual.
Thanks. That makes sense as it's in line with what a teacher/coach would be making locally in that position.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks. That makes sense as it's in line with what a teacher/coach would be making locally in that position.
No first year teacher makes $60k at a private school. None. They have to give 50-60 hrs a week. Its a joke that AC makes even $30k.
Profoundwizard
Swell

No first year teacher makes $60k at a private school. None
True and are we even sure that Cannizaro is going to be teaching there?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:17 am Is it just me or are optics of this situation really bad for TU baseball?
It’s not just the optics that are bad for Tulane baseball. The entire program is in disarray under the current leadership.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:53 pm
MicMan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:15 am Forget hiring AC. I've heard that several athletics donors have threatened to withdraw their substantial financial support if AC is brought on.
I doubt that’s true, but if so, fuck em.
Amen, Pro. Screw’em. Do we want to win or not?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:38 pm

No first year teacher makes $60k at a private school. None. They have to give 50-60 hrs a week. Its a joke that AC makes even $30k.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Holy Cross is a well funded school. More importantly like I said that makes a lot more sense than the numbers others threw out there.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Where there's a will there's a way:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 58995.html
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:18 pm

We'll have to agree to disagree. Holy Cross is a well funded school. More importantly like I said that makes a lot more sense than the numbers others threw out there.
Disagree on what? That a first year HS baseball ONLY coach should be making more than a first year teacher? Or that a first year private school teacher makes anything close to $60k? Your over your ski’s on either issue.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Official LSU photo
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:58 am

Disagree on what? That a first year HS baseball ONLY coach should be making more than a first year teacher? Or that a first year private school teacher makes anything close to $60k? Your over your ski’s on either issue.
Both. He'll be a teacher too. Ask tps what his brother-in-law makes at Country Day. Teacher/coaches there and Newman make more than that in all likelihood. HC is well funded and with his prior experience he wouldn't be treated as a first year employee. Billy Fitzgerald didn't spend his career at Newman for peanuts.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 am

Ask tps what his brother-in-law makes at Country Day. Teacher/coaches there and Newman make more than that in all likelihood. HC is well funded and with his prior experience he wouldn't be treated as a first year employee. Billy Fitzgerald didn't spend his career at Newman for peanuts.
Not sure of his salary but he lives rent free in a CD owned house as part of his employment which is less than a block from the gym.
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
High Tide

So what is the next step? Is J promoting from within or is there a search?

It's still odd. ES has prior successful head coaching experience, had success as the "hitting" coach and recruiting coordinator at TU. Wouldn't that put him in a good position for the TU HC job should it become available? Or did the Lathem hire block him out? TJ best comeback with a strong response. Maybe Coach Hunter can educate TJ on how it's done.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:53 am

Ask tps what his brother-in-law makes at Country Day. Teacher/coaches there and Newman make more than that in all likelihood. HC is well funded and with his prior experience he wouldn't be treated as a first year employee. Billy Fitzgerald didn't spend his career at Newman for peanuts.
Not sure of his salary but he lives rent free in a CD owned house as part of his employment which is less than a block from the gym.
Thanks.
sader24
Tsunami

Are you serious? He’s the highest paid Catholic League coach in any sport. I can tell you what most of these guys are making and a 1st year baseball coach at Holy Cross should be pulling in around $60k. There are guys who have been coaching for 20+ years in the league making 80-90k.
sader24
Tsunami

Winwave you are way off on what you think the numbers are. Their basketball coach who has been there around 6 years or so is making around $75k. If he’s not teaching he should be making $15k tops.
sader24
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:53 am

Country Day is probably the best paying job in the city and is well funded by a certain someone who loves to sell a Giant Pizzas and Video Poker machines and McGuire has been there for years. The only guys who touch $100k in the Catholic League are football coaches at Jesuit, BM, and maybe Rummel and HC. There are no baseball or basketball guys in 6 figures and certainly none close to $120k. If I went and started teaching at Jesuit tomorrow I’d make 45-50k with around a $2k stipend to coach basketball. If I was the head basketball coach I’d get around a $7500-10k stipend. So I’d start around $60k to be a teacher and Head coach at Jesuit. Generally you get a $1k a year raise for teaching. Coaching stipend may slowly rise over time if ur there for awhile. Then I might pull $10-15k on summer camps. Like I said, there are guy that have been in that league a long time not sniffing $100k much less $120k coming off a scandal with zero teaching experience and as a 1 year rental.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:42 pm

Are you serious? He’s the highest paid Catholic League coach in any sport. I can tell you what most of these guys are making and a 1st year baseball coach at Holy Cross should be pulling in around $60k. There are guys who have been coaching for 20+ years in the league making 80-90k.
sader, the post I responded to said AC is making $60,000 a year- 120,000 divided by 2. You might want to re-read the thread.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Winwave you are way off on what you think the numbers are. Their basketball coach who has been there around 6 years or so is making around $75k. If he’s not teaching he should be making $15k tops.
sader- I said that as a teacher/coach that sounds like the right salary range. No one has said he is only coaching there.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Besides teaching and coaching Andy is the strength coordinator for all sports.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 pm Besides teaching and coaching Andy is the strength coordinator for all sports.
I can hear it now....."Gentleman, this is a dumb bell...lift at your risk, and no texting while lifiting "...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:26 pm Besides teaching and coaching Andy is the strength coordinator for all sports.
There ya go.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

It is HS. Strength and cond? What is he teaching, how is he qualified?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:02 am
It is HS. Strength and cond? What is he teaching, how is he qualified?
The Catholic League is the SEC of High School Sports. Some schools even have a Sports Psychologist on staff.

Andy’s a gym rat and loves the weight room. He’s probably very knowledgeable from working with strength people at the various places he’s been including the Yankee Organization. Good article here on his obsession with the weights.
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/spo ... /97958094/
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

To recap: We want to hire a guy who first year on the job thought it was OK to screw a co-worker while his wife was expecting their child and now can only get a HS job, apparently because he knows everything about dumbbells. How very Tulane.