Todd Graffagnini

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Jaxwave
Swell

Buddy just texted me. He’s going to the Pels. Is this correct?. Hate to see it but he deserves better than that underwhelming athletic program.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 pm Buddy just texted me. Is this correct. Hate to see it but he deserves better than that underwhelming athletic program.
Wow if true good for him but hopefully he can still do TU Baseball
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Announcement coming tomorrow. Can’t possibly do Pels and Tulane. Seasons overlap.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

welcome back Kenny B
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:37 am Announcement coming tomorrow. Can’t possibly do Pels and Tulane. Seasons overlap.
Yes. I know. Wishful thinking for baseball. But NBA basketball still going on as we approach the CWS this weekend so even baseball is a no go. Big shoes to fill I hope it works out for everyone involved.
Most likely replacement would be someone who has done Tulane broadcasts before so that would be Tim Grubbs and or Gus Kattengell. Tim does the Baby Cakes and this is their last season so he’d be available.
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

What's he going to do with the Pels? Handle the G League team? Is Kelly leaving?
It would probably be good for his career to leave the nest.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

This probably means we’re going to get Kenny Trahan or Larry Matson as his replacement. Graff will be missed.
PaulHalpern
Trickle

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:18 am This probably means we’re going to get Kenny Trahan or Larry Matson as his replacement. Graff will be missed.
Yes Graff will definetely be missed :cry: by everyone. I think Kenny Trahan will be in as his replacement .
DrBox
Riptide

Sunamiwave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:18 am This probably means we’re going to get Kenny Trahan or Larry Matson as his replacement. Graff will be missed.
Yikes!
Larry Matson 2.0 was a mess, but the absolute worst was some guy we got from Ohio for 1 year in the early naughts.
Sean Kelly was the best announcer we've had during my 45 years of following this bunch.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:13 am What's he going to do with the Pels? Handle the G League team? Is Kelly leaving?
It would probably be good for his career to leave the nest.
Kelly going to ESPN
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Kenny would be great but the travel requirements would be a burdensome for him.
I believe Kenny is content today with his cresentcitysports site and his current radio duties including covering prep at 990am.
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

Tough lose for radio and Internet fans for sure! Steve Barrios will stay on in "'color" role normally??
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:16 pm Tough lose for radio and Internet fans for sure! Steve Barrios will stay on in "'color" role normally??
I do not think Steve recieves any compensation...He gets to stay involved, and his travel expenses are paid for...that may have changed, but back in the day.......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Wow. Tough loss for the Greenies. Graff a 1st ballot Hall of Fame’r in my book. He should have gotten the Saints gig.
Aegis
High Tide

:mrgreen: Good for him. I must admit I’m no fan of Todd but I’m happy for him and his family.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:17 pm
A win for all sides , except Tulane ?

Apparently Kushner knows who the replacement will be and apparently Kushner feels he will be an upgrade from Graff !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
GreenLantern
Riptide

Happy for Todd, but Tulane sports on radio will not be the same. Good luck Todd!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:59 pm Happy for Todd, but Tulane sports on radio will not be the same. Good luck Todd!
This
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Going to be tough to replace Graff. I wish him the best. From a selfish point of view its too bad that the Pels couldn't just simulcast Joel Meyers and David Wesley to the radio. They do a fantastic job. Then we'd still have Graff.

Too bad Graff had to suffer through all the lean years, and now that we're almost out of the wilderness, he's moving on.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Graf has been enjoyable to listen to and I'll miss him. But we always seem to find someone that's pretty good. As much as I loved Graf's "Checkerboards, baby" call, I still remember Kenny B. We had a tape of the 1982 UNC game (Tulane lost in 3 OT's despite having a 2 point lead and the ball at mid court with 2 or 3 seconds remaining in regulation.) Kenny saying "the telephone is ringing" because a phone on the press row kept going unanswered!

Golfnut, keep my on point here, that was Kenny B, right?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Some Graff calls:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... ff958.html

Congrats to him ! Great Wave fan.

TD should do a national search. If he ends up going local that's fine but every option should be considered.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

Congrats to Todd. Well deserved. He was to me the single most exciting thing about Tulane athletics. So I’m bummed.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:15 pm Some Graff calls:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... ff958.html

Congrats to him ! Great Wave fan.

TD should do a national search. If he ends up going local that's fine but every option should be considered.
Some great calls, thanks for the link!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V