Todd Graffagnini

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:27 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:21 pm
RollWaveRoll wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:10 pm if you are correct and they put a student on the baseball job as you say, i'll be starting a petition to fire a lot of people. We would be the only top 50 baseball school in country with a student doing the play by play. that is bush-league, petty, infuriating and really just sad what they are doing to our Tulane baseball program. There should be a national search for that position at a minimum. Sounds like someone is trying to cut costs now that he screwed up our money making LSU game.
Would not be surprised if the next PBP voice is a part time postion at Tulane in order to save money...it may be a postion of PBP /Advertising Sales with a salary/ commison structure in order to save some bucks....stay tuned....
I thought you said it was going to be Mike Hoss? He ain’t signing up for that.
Me thinks you’re just throwing shit out there.
I NEVER said it was Hoss, I was replying to a post who mentioned Hoss...I said if it was Hoss, he was not going to be doing baseball......I havcen't thrown shit since I pitched in the Audubon / Mel Ott Leagues and then it was called "Junk"

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pels move radio stations from 99.5FM WRNO to 100.3 FM ESPN radio.
I wish Tulane would follow their lead.
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... b9df8.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The signal for 100.3 sucks. Maybe we should take their place on 99.5 who has a very good signal.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:35 am The signal for 100.3 sucks. Maybe we should take their place on 99.5 who has a very good signal.
Ok. I usually stream 100.3 on Amazon Alexa device.
You’re right I’m in my car trying to get it and the signal not good at all
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
High Tide

winwave wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:35 am The signal for 100.3 sucks. Maybe we should take their place on 99.5 who has a very good signal.
Plus, I believe 100.3 ESPN programing is geared to LSU/SEC. The ESPN BR (103.5?) is all LSU/SEC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:33 am
Plus, I believe 100.3 ESPN programing is geared to LSU/SEC. The ESPN BR (103.5?) is all LSU/SEC.
That is correct.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

a random idea....Barrios will most probably be back ...Tulane needs to find a way to include Ed Daniels on the broadcast....either a third booth person...or maybe a pre- recorded, pregame show
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Definitely would rather 99.5FM than either 100.3 or 1280. I live in Destrehan just 10 minutes past the airport and the signal for both 1280 and 100.3FM are awful.

And, 100.3 is geared heavily towards LSU/SEC. Would rather have our own station.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

52 days until kick off...and no announcement or rumor as to whom the Voice will be..... I know TD is on his world tour.....my personal choice is former PBP man Vernis McGlinn...for those not familiar with McGlinn.... for those not familar with Vernis his bio .https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Mac ... ortscaster
Jaxwave
Swell

You had me going. I loved Bruce and Wayne. Funny story. When I was in school just prior to a Tulane away game against Miami one of the players told me that Tulane was going to run a double reverse flea flicker on the opening play. As the first pitch happened Bruce and Wayne were so excited they discontinued calling the play just saying stuff like How bout that. The Greenies are already pulling out all stops. Then went to 2nd and 10. Wasn’t until the next day we learned the play broke wide open but pass was bad. They were a riot.
Bruce’s best call I ever heard was the punt return by Joe Bullard at Illinois which was Bruce’s home area. Bullard broke 9 tackles and from a pure return status was better than That Halloween return up the river.
Never heard Bruce and Wayne’s call of the 1973 win over LSU. If anybody’s got that I would love to hear it.
The YouTube version is John Ferguson who did a great job for a visiting announcer.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:55 am You had me going. I loved Bruce and Wayne. Funny story. When I was in school just prior to a Tulane away game against Miami one of the players told me that Tulane was going to run a double reverse flea flicker on the opening play. As the first pitch happened Bruce and Wayne were so excited they discontinued calling the play just saying stuff like How bout that. The Greenies are already pulling out all stops. Then went to 2nd and 10. Wasn’t until the next day we learned the play broke wide open but pass was bad. They were a riot.
Bruce’s best call I ever heard was the punt return by Joe Bullard at Illinois which was Bruce’s home area. Bullard broke 9 tackles and from a pure return status was better than That Halloween return up the river.
Never heard Bruce and Wayne’s call of the 1973 win over LSU. If anybody’s got that I would love to hear it.
The YouTube version is John Ferguson who did a great job for a visiting announcer.
Thanks.. I posted it so the younger members would learn sumthin'.....I thought it would be a good time to post, since dere ain't been no announcement...I have heard that sum want Barrios gone,but then again he does not get any $$$, tuff to beat free labor.... I have a few more to post , but will wait as the season gets closer
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ken Berthelot anyone? Pure speculation, no inside info whatsoever. I just like his voice, reminds me of Keith Jackson a little bit. Besides, it's the dog days of summer! Anyone else like Ken for the job? Remember, he did the 1998 season PBP.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:43 pm Ken Berthelot anyone? Pure speculation, no inside info whatsoever. I just like his voice, reminds me of Keith Jackson a little bit. Besides, it's the dog days of summer! Anyone else like Ken for the job? Remember, he did the 1998 season PBP.
I speak with Ken several times per month...not sure how much, if any, he has in the job...however, he is active with several Tulane actitivties......did ya know his daughter was Miss Louisiana in 2008...can't believe it has been almost 20 years....damn glad she looks like her Mother !!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The following info was given to me by a friend in the sports radio biz here in Texas....Looks like Learfield / IMG has narrowed the PBP job down to 5 finalist...they will now have a joint meeting with both TD and a rep from Learfield - IMG in NOLA.....
TURVS71
Swell

Graff replacement news?????
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

any local news on "The Voice" competition ?
Eaglewave
Swell

TURVS71 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:28 am Graff replacement news?????
Been wondering myself.
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane will be talkin' Football on July 25..... The winner of "the Voice" competion, may be introduced at that time...and then again, maybe not...on a sde note...I have from reliable sources the person selected is not Tanner Lee
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:25 pm Tulane will be talkin' Football on July 25..... The winner of "the Voice" competion, may be introduced at that time...and then again, maybe not...on a sde note...I have from reliable sources the person selected is not Tanner Lee
That's because they feared if he threw it down to the sideline reporter it might be a pick 6!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JeffreyFleming
Trickle

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:00 am
Jaxwave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:37 am Announcement coming tomorrow. Can’t possibly do Pels and Tulane. Seasons overlap.
Yes. I know. Wishful thinking for baseball. But NBA basketball still going on as we approach the CWS this weekend so even baseball is a no go. Big shoes to fill IAgoc Travel hope it works out for everyone involved.
Most likely replacement would be someone who has done Tulane broadcasts before so that would be Tim Grubbs and or Gus Kattengell. Tim does the Baby Cakes and this is their last season so he’d be available.
Yes you are right he will be available and I am very happy about it. I am a very big fan of NBA and Michael Jordan is my favorite player and I love Jordan shoes.
Last edited by JeffreyFleming on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JeffreyFleming wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:30 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:00 am
Jaxwave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:37 am Announcement coming tomorrow. Can’t possibly do Pels and Tulane. Seasons overlap.
Yes. I know. Wishful thinking for baseball. But NBA basketball still going on as we approach the CWS this weekend so even baseball is a no go. Big shoes to fill I hope it works out for everyone involved.
Most likely replacement would be someone who has done Tulane broadcasts before so that would be Tim Grubbs and or Gus Kattengell. Tim does the Baby Cakes and this is their last season so he’d be available.
Yes you are right he will be available and I am very happy about it. I am a very big fan of NBA and Michael Jordan is my favorite player and I love Jordan shoes.
I am under the impression, Grubbs is going to Kansas, but all things are subject to change
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:52 am 52 days until kick off...and no announcement or rumor as to whom the Voice will be..... I know TD is on his world tour.....my personal choice is former PBP man Vernis McGlinn...for those not familiar with McGlinn.... for those not familar with Vernis his bio .https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Mac ... ortscaster
Is this another one of your bad jokes or are you unaware that that link says he died years ago?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:13 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:52 am 52 days until kick off...and no announcement or rumor as to whom the Voice will be..... I know TD is on his world tour.....my personal choice is former PBP man Vernis McGlinn...for those not familiar with McGlinn.... for those not familar with Vernis his bio .https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Mac ... ortscaster
Is this another one of your bad jokes or are you unaware that that link says he died years ago?
The Man is dead ?!?!? I guess the joke is on me....may he rest in peace...obviously you did not read my second post - response regarding Mr McGlinn, which was used as an historical reference to former PBP of Tulane athletics...... I, enjoyed the man's broadcast and his work within the NOLA community.... I am hopeful the next person chosen has his, KB and Graff's passion for tulane
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The winner of "The Voice" competition, may be made on Friday.....looks like the next person will have a few local ties, but nothing prior with Tulane ......
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the job posting has been deleted from the Learfield-IMG website....