Todd Graffagnini

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I can only imagine his excitement getting to call Zion Williamson’s name often this season. Great time to join the Pelicans.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 pm Buddy just texted me. Is this correct. Hate to see it but he deserves better than that underwhelming athletic program.
🤔, Happy for Graf, but rather ironic that he is leaving the Wave now, while we are clearly trending up for football, and after Graf having endured all 16 years of the Cowen Nightmare.
capwave
High Tide

That is great for him, and I wish him the best! But as a Tulane fan, this sucks so bad. I cant count the number of times I wake up on Sunday's just waiting for his highlight call reel to be posted somewhere. We will never get any one to fill his shoes, and can only hope Tulane will find someone half as good. Congrats Graff, and we will miss you. My kids will soon hear replays of Jake Rogers HR call in Oxford. That was one for the ages..
NOLA Fan
Ripple

What would you think of Mike Hoss, the old WWL guy? He was in the running for the Saints job, he is local & he could build the Tulane brand.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'd be good with Hoss. Thing is though the reason he switched to doing the news instead of replacing Henderson as lead sports anchor is that he knew the travel involved covering the Saints during the season. This would entail a lot more travel. I'm sure his kids are older now so it will be interesting to see if he's in the mix.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
msdos
Swell

capwave wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:24 pm That is great for him, and I wish him the best! But as a Tulane fan, this sucks so bad. I cant count the number of times I wake up on Sunday's just waiting for his highlight call reel to be posted somewhere. We will never get any one to fill his shoes, and can only hope Tulane will find someone half as good. Congrats Graff, and we will miss you. My kids will soon hear replays of Jake Rogers HR call in Oxford. That was one for the ages..
Do they still post these somewhere?
They used to do a full game recap years back and I haven't seen one in a while
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Mike Hoss will only do F'Ball and Basketball...no Baseball...the hire will be 90 percent IMG approval...10 percent Tulane's approval...baseball will fall to a Tulane studnet PBP responsibility
....once Sean Peyton is fired, or leaves the Saints for the Cowboys, Graff will have that job and leave the Pel's......Peyton saved the Saints PBP announcer on his last contract
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
McWave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:14 am From a Slugger Bird to a Pelican!
https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pelic ... -announcer
Absolutely thrilled for Graff!!!! TU baseball (radio) will never be the same....I really enjoyed listening to his broadcasts.

But will Graff's style need to change for the Pels? Graff broadcasts were often gloom and doom (mostly warranted) during adversity. I was there with him though. One run or 5 run leads were not easy wins for TU baseball recently. He brought a "Tulane" fan aspect to the broadcast I could relate to. Does that translate to pro ball or will he need to be "professional" and soften his emotions?
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:21 am Mike Hoss will only do F'Ball and Basketball...no Baseball...the hire will be 90 percent IMG approval...10 percent Tulane's approval...baseball will fall to a Tulane studnet PBP responsibility
....once Sean Peyton is fired, or leaves the Saints for the Cowboys, Graff will have that job and leave the Pel's......Peyton saved the Saints PBP announcer on his last contract
please tell me you are joking about the student on the baseball job.
Profoundwizard
Swell

RollWaveRoll wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:21 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:21 am Mike Hoss will only do F'Ball and Basketball...no Baseball...the hire will be 90 percent IMG approval...10 percent Tulane's approval...baseball will fall to a Tulane studnet PBP responsibility
I wouldn’t put much stock into a single word of that post from golfnut69
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:47 pm
RollWaveRoll wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:21 pm
I wouldn’t put much stock into a single word of that post from golfnut69
an announcement will be made shortly......what part of the post, do U think, may not be valid
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

You could be right about Hoss replacing Graff, but id say the rest is total bullshit
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:32 pm You could be right about Hoss replacing Graff, but id say the rest is total bullshit
Saints amgmt wanted to change PBP when Peyton was getting his new contract, he insisted on teh current guy staying on, and mgmt relented...once he is gone, the two guys who head the Saints front office, who happen to be Jesuit grads and personal friends of Graff, a change will be made...but then again this the internet, and soon all things will be free
Profoundwizard
Swell

You’re making things up. Sean Payton got a 5 year contract extension in March of 2016. Strief was hired by WWL to do Saints PBP in July 2018.
Furthermore I don’t believe the Saints front office gets any say in the Radio PBP guy. WWL makes that call.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06 pm You’re making things up. Sean Payton got a 5 year contract extension in March of 2016. Strief was hired by WWL to do Saints PBP in July 2018.
Furthermore I don’t believe the Saints front office gets any say in the Radio PBP guy. WWL makes that call.
We wil allow time to take it's course... I really do not care who the PBP or Color guy is, I turn the volumn off.....Tulane is only broadcast here, is on my computer The only NFL game that is on TV at my house are the Cowboys, and that is only becasue my wife is a huge fan..if not for that, there would be an NFL blackout here in Georgetown, TX
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06 pm You’re making things up. Sean Payton got a 5 year contract extension in March of 2016. Strief was hired by WWL to do Saints PBP in July 2018.
We wil allow time to take it's course... I really do not care who the PBP or Color guy is, I turn the volumn off.....Tulane is only broadcast here, is on my computer The only NFL game that is on TV at my house are the Cowboys, and that is only becasue my wife is a huge fan..if not for that, there would be an NFL blackout here in Georgetown, TX
No need to allow time to take its course. Some of the claims you made are about things that already occurred and they’re false. Time won’t change that
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:25 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 am
No need to allow time to take its course. Some of the claims you made are about things that already occurred and they’re false. Time won’t change that
U beleive what U want about the hirings and firings, I will beleive what people in the local and national brodcast industry tells me...not that big of a deal, you have your info sources...I have mine
Profoundwizard
Swell

Anyone telling you that Sean Payton got a new contract last off-season is just wrong
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

if you are correct and they put a student on the baseball job as you say, i'll be starting a petition to fire a lot of people. We would be the only top 50 baseball school in country with a student doing the play by play. that is bush-league, petty, infuriating and really just sad what they are doing to our Tulane baseball program. There should be a national search for that position at a minimum. Sounds like someone is trying to cut costs now that he screwed up our money making LSU game.
Profoundwizard
Swell

RollWaveRoll wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:10 pm if you are correct and they put a student on the baseball job as you say, i'll be starting a petition to fire a lot of people. We would be the only top 50 baseball school in country with a student doing the play by play. that is bush-league, petty, infuriating and really just sad what they are doing to our Tulane baseball program. There should be a national search for that position at a minimum. Sounds like someone is trying to cut costs now that he screwed up our money making LSU game.
You been in a coma lately?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RollWaveRoll wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:10 pm if you are correct and they put a student on the baseball job as you say, i'll be starting a petition to fire a lot of people. We would be the only top 50 baseball school in country with a student doing the play by play. that is bush-league, petty, infuriating and really just sad what they are doing to our Tulane baseball program. There should be a national search for that position at a minimum. Sounds like someone is trying to cut costs now that he screwed up our money making LSU game.
Would not be surprised if the next PBP voice is a part time postion at Tulane in order to save money...it may be a postion of PBP /Advertising Sales with a salary/ commison structure in order to save some bucks....stay tuned....
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:21 pm
Would not be surprised if the next PBP voice is a part time postion at Tulane in order to save money...it may be a postion of PBP /Advertising Sales with a salary/ commison structure in order to save some bucks....stay tuned....
I thought you said it was going to be Mike Hoss? He ain’t signing up for that.
Me thinks you’re just throwing shit out there.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wonder when the last time we were a top 50 baseball program? Or when we should invest $$ to be a consistent top 20 baseball program? We put way too much into the stadium, thinking we'd be top 25 every year when the rule changes make that almost impossible. And the payoff to do so doesn't give a positive ROI anyway. But it keeps some die hard fans happy, though we're all becoming fewer and further between as the years roll by.

Maybe Green Wave Baseball somehow becomes a power once again and can be financially self sufficient. If not, it's not worth the investment in futility.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:34 pm I wonder when the last time we were a top 50 baseball program? Or when we should invest $$ to be a consistent top 20 baseball program? We put way too much into the stadium, thinking we'd be top 25 every year when the rule changes make that almost impossible. And the payoff to do so doesn't give a positive ROI anyway. But it keeps some die hard fans happy, though we're all becoming fewer and further between as the years roll by.

Maybe Green Wave Baseball somehow becomes a power once again and can be financially self sufficient. If not, it's not worth the investment in futility.
Bullshit