Todd Graffagnini

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
GreenLantern
Swell

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm

See, you don't have to have years of emotional investment in a team to exhibit enthusiasm. Man, I miss this. (This one belongs to the Pels.)

winwave
Wild Pelican

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:46 pm

So you don't think TG was a Pels fan before now? :mrgreen:
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
golfnut69
Green Wave

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:17 pm

onward to 100
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Green Wave

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 pm

GreenLantern wrote:
See, you don't have to have years of emotional investment in a team to exhibit enthusiasm. Man, I miss this. (This one belongs to the Pels.)

I am NOT an NBA fan. I do think Pelicans fans will really, really enjoy Zion Williamson so long as they don't expect NBA finals his first year. Remember how young he is! But you'll enjoy the enthusiasm he brings, and the fact that he seems to just really enjoy the game without being your typical NBA thug.

That all said, I'll listen to these highlights of Graf every time someone posts them. He really is a great broadcaster, and the passion and excitement is a joy to listen to. Who knows, maybe he'll make me a Pels fan!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Green Wave

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:58 pm

I use to go the Buc's and then the Jazz game's...had season tickets for the Rockets, back in the day of Rudy T, Mike Newlin and Calvin Murphy.... but have not been to an NBA game in years...best of luck to Graff... I am sure he will do well
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
squilz
Ripple

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:21 pm

still sad we won't have him. calling sports radio is an art and graff is picasso
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:27 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 pm
GreenLantern wrote:

I am NOT an NBA fan. I do think Pelicans fans will really, really enjoy Zion Williamson so long as they don't expect NBA finals his first year. Remember how young he is! But you'll enjoy the enthusiasm he brings, and the fact that he seems to just really enjoy the game without being your typical NBA thug.

That all said, I'll listen to these highlights of Graf every time someone posts them. He really is a great broadcaster, and the passion and excitement is a joy to listen to. Who knows, maybe he'll make me a Pels fan!
I haven’t been much of an NBA fan since Pistol left. However watching Zion has rejuvenated my interest. I watched both preseason games and listened to some of Graff last night. The only problem is you can’t stream NBA games without a premium pass subscription for it on Tune-In. So you need to be local and catch the radio broadcast. I turned off the TV sound and listened on an old radio I found to simulcast and Graff was great. He’s already a seasoned pro on the Pels. I’ll definitely watch all their games and attend some this season. They are young and very energetic with bench depth. Gentry going to have a hard time finding minutes for all those guys. Outside of Zion and Holiday they are all pretty close to being equal in talent.
On ESPN’s first take they opened with a 15 minute segment on Zion today.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Green Wave

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:35 pm

I hope Pels fans can keep in mind that Zion turned 19 in July. He's a big guy, and a hell of a player, but Pels fans need to give him a chance to grow into the NBA. He will eventually be the player that makes all around him better, and, if he stays healthy and has a good supporting cast, will take the Pelicans to where they want to go. He's the real deal, just very young.

And I love that he's been to 2 Tulane football games!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Bicoastalwave
Surge

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Some pelicans fans (a few online only) who suspiciously were on the Shitty LSU tiger board, are speaking poorly of Graff for being a homer and being too excited. I don’t know which part of that statement I hate the most.
Bicoastalwave
Surge

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm

The pelicans are a super young, fun and deep team. Zion says all the right things and always has a smile on his face. I’m a big fan
DfromCT
Green Wave

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Bicoastalwave wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
The pelicans are a super young, fun and deep team. Zion says all the right things and always has a smile on his face. I’m a big fan
This

And screw any LSU/Pelicans fans that don't like Graf. Tell them they don't know what they're missing.

winwave
Wild Pelican

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:35 pm
I hope Pels fans can keep in mind that Zion turned 19 in July. He's a big guy, and a hell of a player, but Pels fans need to give him a chance to grow into the NBA. He will eventually be the player that makes all around him better, and, if he stays healthy and has a good supporting cast, will take the Pelicans to where they want to go. He's the real deal, just very young.

And I love that he's been to 2 Tulane football games!
D- Everyone here gets that he's young. The Pels have gone out of their way to shield him from overwhelming expectations. They've made sure everyone knows it's Jrue Holiday's team. Jrue has embraced that. They've also done a good job of enhancing the roster. The turnover is much like Tulane but with higher quality talent.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:24 pm

FSNSW Pelicans Insider with Jen Hale just did a 5 minute feature interview with Graff. She did a nice job with the interview. Hope it’s online somewhere so I could share.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981