Could an Indoor Practice Facility be coming Nov ‘23? Stay tuned...

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
wave97
Swell

If only the footprint of Yulman was placed 50 feet to the east. And/or the Glazer Family Club was reduced in size.

Show Me
Tsunami

Saw some Tulane folks at the parades today. Should be done around Thanksgiving.
greenie78
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:46 pm Saw some Tulane folks at the parades today. Should be done around Thanksgiving.
Good stuff!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:54 pm
Show Me wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:46 pm Saw some Tulane folks at the parades today. Should be done around Thanksgiving.
Good stuff!
Excited!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Willie said it would be completed by November....but at what location ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenie78
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:31 am The Willie said it would be completed by November....but at what location ?
Hopefully in a NIMBY's backyard :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:31 am The Willie said it would be completed by November....but at what location ?
No mention of any location.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Permanent structure or bubble? Full field or short field?

More importantly what a football ops. center?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:52 am
Permanent structure or bubble? Full field or short field?

More importantly what a football ops. center?
Texas' "bubble" has been around for 21 years...how much more permenrant does it need to be
https://texassports.com/sports/2013/7/2 ... 0724133511
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

IIRC they are building a permanent structure now.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:45 pm IIRC they are building a permanent structure now.
...it was suppose to break ground in 2022, it has not broken ground yet...hell, they have not even decided where to build it, if it gets built.....so at best, they are in the bubble for at least anotha year if not two
nawlinspete
Riptide

what has happened to Dannen's Bubble ?

Promised to be operational by the end of November there should already be excavation , drainage , footings , electrical and all other necessaries underway already .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
anEngineer
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:57 am what has happened to Dannen's Bubble ?

Promised to be operational by the end of November there should already be excavation , drainage , footings , electrical and all other necessaries underway already .
In fairness, the bubble (or whatever) was said to be constructed by early 2024, possibly as early as November 2023.
GifWave
Ripple

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Over here.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just saw this on the Athletic:
One reason why Florida FB is falling behind. Finally caught up on facilities but is now behind on what’s needed today NIL $$$.
Alabama built an indoor practice facility in 1986. Tennessee built one in 1989. LSU built one in 1991. Florida built one in 2015.

When Meyer took the Florida job in late 2004, he was shocked to learn that the coaches’ offices could be accessed only by an elevator near the weight room on the ground floor or by a back staircase from street level. Meyer helped raise the money to create a “front door” to the stadium that housed a trophy room and a more pleasing entrance for visitors. That was the only facility upgrade of consequence that took place during a tenure that included two national titles.

Florida had finally caught up on facilities, but now NIL mattered more. And Florida had been humiliated by an NIL operation scattered among various entities with no real oversight.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Although the IPF has been mentioned, numerous times in casual remarks, has it been announced? Has construction started? Has anyone seen or read anything that tells us we didn't sit whittling thumbs, while the Cotton Bowl dividend was wasted? Are we getting Tulane'd, as everything reverts to form?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Dave breslin
Swell

Tulane acquiring five streets in close proximity to campus!?!?! I recommend zimple and Broadway with the boot as indoor eating to go along with an IPF. Sorry Beta House. One street could be used like an Amsterdam red light district to pay for NIL. This is where college athletics is going
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:31 pm Tulane acquiring five streets in close proximity to campus!?!?! I recommend zimple and Broadway with the boot as indoor eating to go along with an IPF. Sorry Beta House. One street could be used like an Amsterdam red light district to pay for NIL. This is where college athletics is going
Yea. We're going to start spending money to lease and repave streets around campus, since the city can't maintain the streets. So much for all that NOLA support. NOLA can start a campaign, "We're Tulane built".
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:20 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:31 pm Tulane acquiring five streets in close proximity to campus!?!?! I recommend zimple and Broadway with the boot as indoor eating to go along with an IPF. Sorry Beta House. One street could be used like an Amsterdam red light district to pay for NIL. This is where college athletics is going
Yea. We're going to start spending money to lease and repave streets around campus, since the city can't maintain the streets. So much for all that NOLA support. NOLA can start a campaign, "We're Tulane built".
Good one Houston.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TD mentions it on his interview today with Corey on the Current.
He did mention new turf coming for Yulman and Turchin this summer.
$50 million range in capital projects on the horizon.
Bubble probably temporary. Looking at a permanent location behind Mintz Field. Not a rush since the Saints facility is always available.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:22 pm TD mentions it on his interview today with Corey on the Current.
He did mention new turf coming for Yulman and Turchin this summer.
$50 million range in capital projects on the horizon.
Bubble probably temporary. Looking at a permanent location behind Mintz Field. Not a rush since the Saints facility is always available.
I hope we go back to the checkerboard endzones. It would be even better if they were green and blue checkerboards!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
MicMan
Swell

Did TD say whether Fritz signed his extension?
Greeniegb
Swell

MicMan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:52 pm Did TD say whether Fritz signed his extension?
Done and gone fool or Willie would be long gone. Now leave it go!!!
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

I hope we go back to the checkerboard endzones. It would be even better if they were green and blue checkerboards!
I hope not. TULANE and/or GREEN WAVE.