Could an Indoor Practice Facility be coming Nov ‘23? Stay tuned...

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

Nm

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TURVS71 wrote:Nm
I knew Tulane would be buying Audubon Place !!!!...but reality set in, and they settled for Claiborne Ave
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Robert1969
Riptide

I sure hope so!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Robert1969 wrote:I sure hope so!
Robert... I proposed to Chet Gladchuck that Tulane purchase the part of Willow St, that runs within the boundaries of the University

footprint.... I am told, Chet made the proposal to the Tulane Administration, well we all know how that turned out. For touting it's

Freeman School of Business, I find Tulane to be inept, at managing it's own Business affairs...Forward Thinking and Pro Activity is something they

have zero clue about
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
Robert... I proposed to Chet Gladchuck that Tulane purchase the part of Willow St, that runs within the boundaries of the University

footprint.... I am told, Chet made the proposal to the Tulane Administration, well we all know how that turned out. For touting it's

Freeman School of Business, I find Tulane to be inept, at managing it's own Business affairs...Forward Thinking and Pro Activity is something they

have zero clue about
Tulane has shown itself to be pretty inept at most everything!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Ruski
Swell

Another AAC member leaving us in the dust...

https://twitter.com/Bryan_Rivals/status ... 6728610816
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We should be hearing about this soon. As I posted a few months ago they had three firms come and look at the space available and design plans accordingly.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:We should be hearing about this soon. As I posted a few months ago they had three firms come and look at the space available and design plans accordingly.

I hope this becomes a reality..because Memphis State getting to practice indoors in a deserted FedEx Hangar.. just does not seem right having Tulane practice in spacious Yulman in bad weather....but then again we are speaking about the leadership(?) of Tulane U
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wish they'd flip the bird to the NIMBY's, build the NIMBY side up and put a retractable roof over the whole thing. We shouldn't need NIMBY approval for building on the site (ok near the site!) that housed the largest stadium in the South for many years. I'm talking about a 35K stadium, not an 80K one. F them.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:I wish they'd flip the bird to the NIMBY's, build the NIMBY side up and put a retractable roof over the whole thing. We shouldn't need NIMBY approval for building on the site (ok near the site!) that housed the largest stadium in the South for many years. I'm talking about a 35K stadium, not an 80K one. F them.
D... I agree.. I proposed an inflatable roof for the stadium...much like the one at the old Metro Dome...a few cross girders and a helium inflated fabric....but NOLA is a PC/Sanctuary City... a city of liberals ...until it is time for the liberals to think liberally...
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:

have zero clue about
Golf, you must have missed when the B school was fudging their numbers and got caught a few years back. If you're going to cheat at least be good at cheating and not inept. :mrgreen:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

have zero clue about
Golf, you must have missed when the B school was fudging their numbers and got caught a few years back. If you're going to cheat at least be good at cheating and not inept. :mrgreen:
my legal dept of Dowee - Reely - Cheetum - & Howe will be glad to plead their case !!!!...C'mon if ya going to cheat, at least be good at it
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

:?: :?: :?:
Expect something any moment
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave Fan
Low Tide

USF is in their new indoor practice facility. We have got to get moving and I think we are. Fitts and Fritz are leading the parade!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:19 pm
There you go!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good coverage once again by Ed

Students wouldn’t need tents to tailgate anymore!
Dannen told Ed Daniels he hopes to have an indoor facility constructed on campus sometime in 2024. He said it will take about 10 months to build.

The location he would like – the field in front of the Reilly Center – the former 50-yard line at the old Tulane Stadium, the original site of the Sugar Bowl.
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

I have a question about the bubble. Is it inflated always or does it go up and down during football season and training camps?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I don't believe there is space for a full field there. More importantly what about the football ops. center?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:53 pm I have a question about the bubble. Is it inflated always or does it go up and down during football season and training camps?
Cincinnati’s bubble

I was wondering that as well especially if a hurricane is approaching. Also will it allow for practice during a lightning storm.

Memphis has room for this.

I would rather a permanent structure for aesthetics alone.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:44 am
anEngineer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:53 pm I have a question about the bubble. Is it inflated always or does it go up and down during football season and training camps?
Cincinnati’s bubble

I was wondering that as well especially if a hurricane is approaching. Also will it allow for practice during a lightning storm.

Memphis has room for this.

I would rather a permanent structure for aesthetics alone.
Memphis has room on it's campus for an permanent IPF, because it does not have a stadium taking up space
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Does it take 10 months to build the bubble??? Maybe it's a more permanent solution.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:19 am Does it take 10 months to build the bubble??? Maybe it's a more permanent solution.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... Qx6BAgHEAE

https://www.thefarleygroup.com/blog/why ... -domes.htm
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:37 am
NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:19 am Does it take 10 months to build the bubble??? Maybe it's a more permanent solution.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... Qx6BAgHEAE

https://www.thefarleygroup.com/blog/why ... -domes.htm
I would prefer a structure like Memphis. Here in Tucson, Arizona has a nice IPF though some of the domes looked impressive. Imagine how many Pickleball courts you could stuff into one of these.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
AugWave
Swell

Whatever it is (bubble or building), just get it done because it is needed.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.