2017 Football Schedule Released

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Good story on WF and some Tulane football history.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... ule-roster
That is the most comprehensive and in-depth analysis of a Tulane football team that I have ever read. I tip my cap to the author.

God Bless Everyone!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

This is really good stuff. According to the projected S&P, Tulane has a 50% or greater chance of defeating Grambling, FIU and Army, and Tulane's smallest chances of victory are Oklahoma, Memphis, Houston, Navy, and USF (all 30% chance of winning or under).

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote:This is really good stuff. According to the projected S&P, Tulane has a 50% or greater chance of defeating Grambling, FIU and Army, and Tulane's smallest chances of victory are Oklahoma, Memphis, Houston, Navy, and USF (all 30% chance of winning or under).

This is a very well written article and very in-depth analysis of Tulane football in general and last season specifically. The only fault I have with the W-L prediction is that it is entirely based upon last year's performances. As most of us know, every season is a different experience. No team is the same as it was a year before, and things change. Sometimes the changes are dramatic, other times they're very subtle. But just like pre-season rankings, pre-season forecasts are garbage once the games start being played.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:This is really good stuff. According to the projected S&P, Tulane has a 50% or greater chance of defeating Grambling, FIU and Army, and Tulane's smallest chances of victory are Oklahoma, Memphis, Houston, Navy, and USF (all 30% chance of winning or under).

This is a very well written article and very in-depth analysis of Tulane football in general and last season specifically. The only fault I have with the W-L prediction is that it is entirely based upon last year's performances. As most of us know, every season is a different experience. No team is the same as it was a year before, and things change. Sometimes the changes are dramatic, other times they're very subtle. But just like pre-season rankings, pre-season forecasts are garbage once the games start being played.
I agree, but, considering how the spring game went, 6 wins may be a dream scenario instead of a target scenario.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Agreed. The spring game did nothing to give confidence we'll be better. But we have to be better in the second year of Fritz and his system.
Wave QB
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Agreed. The spring game did nothing to give confidence we'll be better. But we have to be better in the second year of Fritz and his system.
+1
MicMan
Swell

Brutal stretch. When's the last time TU beat a B1G team on the road?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Rutgers 2010
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:11 pm Rutgers 2010
Except Rutgers didn't join the B1G until 2014, when they crushed us in Piscataway, NJ, 31-6.