Baseball Coaching Search

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bigschtick
Riptide

If job becomes available, could we just start a NEW THREAD?
Last edited by Bigschtick on Tue May 28, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dominos
Here's my prediction:
Jewett takes Washington St job, Riser takes Tulane job, Andy gets SELA job.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:56 am If job becomes available, could we not just start a NEW THREAD?
Dannen already knows his next coach and will likely name him right away should TJ take Washington St. We can start a congrats thread on the new coach. Should it require a search we can start over.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:04 am Dominos
Here's my prediction:
Southeastern wins that trade.
I’d be upset with that scenario.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:10 am
Here's my prediction:
Just how I see it. SELA able to make that hire now. I doubt Tulane is ready or willing to do the same at this time.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:15 am
Here's my prediction:
Just how I see it. SELA able to make that hire now. I doubt Tulane is ready or willing to do the same at this time.
I don't disagree with your rational, but I'd rather have AC than Riser as our next head coach. I'm not sure that Dannen or the Board are ready to hire AC this soon after the scandal that cost him his last job.

It would be the move that gets us back to the Regionals the quickest, though. And with all we have invested in baseball, we need to put a team on the field that has a shot at the CWS most years. Too much $$ went into Turchin, and it needs to be supplemented with more financial aid for baseball players trying to put a team on the field with 11.7 scholarships at a $75k/yr University.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

TD, Fitts and the Board may not be ready to look past AC’s transgressions. On the other hand, they could put all kinds of restrictive clauses in his contract, and thereby maintain the moral high ground. Beyond all that, I’m not so sure that the biggest strike against bringing AC in as head coach isn’t the tantrum that his family threw when Jewett was hired.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
McWave
High Tide

When pigs fly...no way TD is hiring AC. Nor should he. AC made some serious bone headed choices not that long ago. Bad behavior followed up by lying. That's what I look for in an employee. Anyone here want to hire AC for their company? I'll pass. Oh yay, TD also gets the AC family criticism as well while he's a TU employee. All the dirty laundry about how TU is screwing AC over with promises they don't keep. It's not AC's fault its on TD he promised AC X, Y, and Z. And when did AC speak out about his brothers verbal assaults on TD? I didn't see anything. What to they say about burning bridges....this one was nuked.

Riser will do just fine. No interest in the Blake (UNO).
Jaxwave
Swell

Just looked at Wash St candidates. There is no way Jewett gets that job over Ore St pitching coach and two young guys who played at Wash St.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:26 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:15 am
Here's my prediction:
I don't disagree with your rational, but I'd rather have AC than Riser as our next head coach. I'm not sure that Dannen or the Board are ready to hire AC this soon after the scandal that cost him his last job.

It would be the move that gets us back to the Regionals the quickest, though. And with all we have invested in baseball, we need to put a team on the field that has a shot at the CWS most years. Too much $$ went into Turchin, and it needs to be supplemented with more financial aid for baseball players trying to put a team on the field with 11.7 scholarships at a $75k/yr University.
I get that but I’m not getting my hopes up for AC.
With his Northshore roots and connections he’d be a great fit for a comeback in Hammond. I don’t think Tulane is willing to risk it at this point. He’d be a steal for SELA.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:03 pm Just looked at Wash St candidates. There is no way Jewett gets that job over Ore St pitching coach and two young guys who played at Wash St.
Yeskie just got a huge raise & contract last year because his name was listed in plenty of open jobs. He is one of the top paid assistants.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

There is no way in hell Tulane or TD go after and hire AC. It's just not happening. This is holier than thou Tulane we're talking about.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Profoundwizard
Swell

Pepper wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:33 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:03 pm Just looked at Wash St candidates. There is no way Jewett gets that job over Ore St pitching coach and two young guys who played at Wash St.
Yeskie just got a huge raise & contract last year because his name was listed in plenty of open jobs. He is one of the top paid assistants.
Right. No way Yeskie takes that job.
Show Me
Tsunami

Dunleavy and Jewett combined have the worst 3 year record in Tulane history for new coaches hired in their respective sports. Hard to imagine with our history this is possible.
greenie78
Riptide

I would have been ok with AC until I heard he was texting his whore during the games. That's a huge red flag to me. I wouldn't be upset with him being hired, but I'd rather follow the model we have with football and basketball which is rewarding someone from a lower level like the Sun Belt and Southland.
nawlinspete
Riptide

greenie78 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:09 pm I would have been ok with AC until I heard he was texting his whore during the games. That's a huge red flag to me. I wouldn't be upset with him being hired, but I'd rather follow the model we have with football and basketball which is rewarding someone from a lower level like the Sun Belt and Southland.
Agree , and agree .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Jaxwave
Swell

Why is everybody so excited about the method in the last two hires. Hunter hasn’t done a thing yet and Fitz is to be applauded for the bowl season but jeez it took a last play 2 point conversion to beat a bad navy team. I do think Fitz will continue to do a good job, notvas optimistic on Hunter.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:58 pm Why is everybody so excited about the method in the last two hires. Hunter hasn’t done a thing yet and Fitz is to be applauded for the bowl season but jeez it took a last play 2 point conversion to beat a bad navy team. I do think Fitz will continue to do a good job, notvas optimistic on Hunter.
Cause why not?

Hope is a good thing, better than despair for sure.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:58 pm Why is everybody so excited about the method in the last two hires. Hunter hasn’t done a thing yet and Fitz is to be applauded for the bowl season but jeez it took a last play 2 point conversion to beat a bad navy team. I do think Fitz will continue to do a good job, notvas optimistic on Hunter.
I don’t think the method is the exciting part. Having a new coach is. If you’re not optimistic about Hunter, that’s probably got more to do with how difficult it is to win in basketball at Tulane right now, because there’s nothing not to like about him.
Bigschtick
Riptide

I like that Santa Barbara Coach, Chehketts(Spelling?)
Profoundwizard
Swell

Bigschtick wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 am I like that Santa Barbara Coach, Chehketts(Spelling?)
He used us last time to get a raise, doubt he’d be more interested in us now.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:43 am
Bigschtick wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 am I like that Santa Barbara Coach, Chehketts(Spelling?)
He used us last time to get a raise, doubt he’d be more interested in us now.
I forgot about that! Fugedabouit!