Texas Series Win

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Sunday...not a cloud in the sky and compared to Saturday, no wind, but cool....next week....the PGA comes to town.... for those who have not seen Austin, this will be your chance

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good news is the Wave wins the series by winning 5-3. The better news is that this team is winning while still having a lot of room for improvement. BTW, Rankin was not using the high leg kick today.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Other news: Alemais played a little SS and batted once (walked).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:Other news: Alemais played a little SS and batted once (walked).
Thanks. I was just coming back to add that. Swinging the bat is still tough for him. It will be interesting to see if we use him Tuesday.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

We take the rubber match 5-3
Rankin gets the save
Show Me
Tsunami

Glad we won this series. Texas is not that special this year. They have only won one series this year. Augie "Burrito" could be out of a job by the end of the year if this continues for the Horns.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:Glad we won this series. Texas is not that special this year. They have only won one series this year. Augie "Burrito" could be out of a job by the end of the year if this continues for the Horns.
Anytime you go on the road and win a series that's good. Texas has played some good teams early on. We need to pull for them the rest of the year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
Show Me wrote:Glad we won this series. Texas is not that special this year. They have only won one series this year. Augie "Burrito" could be out of a job by the end of the year if this continues for the Horns.
Anytime you go on the road and win a series that's good. Texas has played some good teams early on. We need to pull for them the rest of the year.
Their SOS is 11.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Their SOS is 11.
Thanks. Thought it was good.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

If Auggie is gone... I wonder who may get an interview...and here is a big hint...it ain't gonna be TPS !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
BC Wave
Swell

FYI:
Rankin only does his high kick with no one on base.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:

If Auggie is gone... I wonder who may get an interview...and here is a big hint...it ain't gonna be TPS !!!
Lol
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good read. Travel ball benefits college programs:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/ ... zAjS4OK.97
Aegis
High Tide

Went to the games this weekend and here is my 2 cents
Good
1. Ross Massey and Emerson Gibbs both pitched well
2. TU dugout is much more lively with Pierce as HC
3. Pierce does a good job with game management.
4. Have won all weekend series so far.
Bad
1. Out field play is very sketchy. I do realize the wind was a factor but Texas had good out field play.
2. Batting with runners in scoring position is still poor. ( Thinks its between the ears)
4. No bat in line up scares the other team.
3. In field somewhat slow.

Over All
Had a great weekend. Good series win but Tx looks like a middle of the pack Big 12 team. We are headed in the right direction and will continue to improve. Would love to get a series with A&M.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

Your bad pt #4 is a ridiculous statement. We are hitting .290 as a team and top ten in homeruns! Disch falk is a grave yard and probably the biggest college baseball field. The outfield does need to be taken care of and this points to Pierce. I'd rather have guys who are slow and reliable out there, than fast and sketchy. We will figure it out, hopefully sooner than later.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

VerdeGeaux wrote:Your bad pt #4 is a ridiculous statement. We are hitting .290 as a team and top ten in homeruns! Disch falk is a grave yard and probably the biggest college baseball field. The outfield does need to be taken care of and this points to Pierce. I'd rather have guys who are slow and reliable out there, than fast and sketchy. We will figure it out, hopefully sooner than later.
I cringed everytime a fly ball was hit to the outfield. We can't let simple outs turn into doubles and triples.
Tulane Class of 1981
ExileWave
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
VerdeGeaux wrote:Your bad pt #4 is a ridiculous statement. We are hitting .290 as a team and top ten in homeruns! Disch falk is a grave yard and probably the biggest college baseball field. The outfield does need to be taken care of and this points to Pierce. I'd rather have guys who are slow and reliable out there, than fast and sketchy. We will figure it out, hopefully sooner than later.
I cringed everytime a fly ball was hit to the outfield. We can't let simple outs turn into doubles and triples.
Braud should have had 2 of the misplayed fly balls on Sunday....Pierce did not hesitate to pull him. I am not comfortable with Brown in CF, and Lex sure misjudged that line drive. Scary every time the ball went into the air.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

Yes. I wonder if Rowland or Edwards and Witherspoon can play leftfield? I really didn't like when spoon was in center! Hopefully when alemais is back permanently we move wilsey back to second. Edwards has cost us badly in crucial situations as well. I think it will all start coming together next week when we get Alemais, Williams, and gross back.
NewWave
Ripple

When Williams returns along with allemais we will be fine. Witherspoon is a outfielder playing out of position. I think he will go to left or center and we will be stronger in the outfield. Edwards has made a couple of errors at 2nd but have turned more double plays since he moved there and his bat has been solid. I wonder if Wilsey or Edwards can play outfield deschamp did last year.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

Here's what I have after this week:

Rogers-c
Hope-3rd
Alemais-SS
Wilsey-2nd
Williams-1st
Witherspoon-Lf
Carthon-cf
Kaplan-Rf
Montalbano-dh

Dehart and Edwards haven't done it in the field or at the plate so they would be odds out.